B4 The Bell Frieday May 28

Looks like the futures have held up fairly well in Europe thus far.

Still don't know where crude is trading, if at all.

If this weekend's news can't even get a decent correction going in the markets, then the prior posts about the high put/call ratios must be taken very seriously.

Im getting increasingly worried about another large leg up, and that the recent selloff was a consolidation on the weekly marking the midpoint of the move....

Ugh......

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indevus Announces FDA Approval of SANCTURA

Friday May 28, 12:25 pm ET

Investor Conference Call Planned for May 28, 2004, 1:00 P.M. Eastern Time

LEXINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 28, 2004--Indevus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDEV - News) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved SANCTURA (trospium chloride tablets). SANCTURA is indicated for the treatment of overactive bladder (OAB) with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency and urinary frequency.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040528/285314_1.html

Thank goodness

To a leaky septegenarian like me this news is much more preferable than being visited by a roguish,amoral,alcoholic St Bernard arriving late with a busted cask beneath its chin......

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: Bd are you disconsolate anticipating wearing adult diapers in tour old age???

No-- all of my life Ive wanted to imitate Terhan Bays sidekick SABU==and the pleasure will be all mine--

To those of you with less than sixty rings around your belly i apologise for the obsurity of the reference--I leave the explanation for those with more than sixty rings--I'm tired of footnoting the reasons for all the pre-historic scales on my body

Yes Stain and Mark and BDK- I think tomorrow tells the tale-we either blast thru 1127 like a knife thru butter and rocket higher or we drop hard. Nothing in between in my view but I still lean to the drop. Iraq is once again having a horrible day.Sad!

Well, fine.  That?s?. the system.  As long as the internet plus a few magazines isn?t restricted, I can attempt to be an informed citizen.  But I wonder how much time we have:

The Smart Money and al-Q'aeda  Ian Welsh

?So, let's say that who won wasn't something you had a stake in, but you could place a bet. What odds would you put on al-Q'aeda and what odds would you put on the US?

[?]

And when you add in the fact that a huge new recession is coming down the pike even without such problems... Well let's just say that things look a little dicey for the US on this front.

Al-Q'aeda's has a specific goal. To create a Muslim caliphate from Morocco to Pakistan. Let's say they manage to turn two key stones - Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. At that point they have two things - nuclear deterrent and economic deterrent (turning off the Saudi oil taps.) If the US tries to invade Saudi Arabia - say goodbye to that oil. It's not a solution. Now, as Muslim revolutionaries spread throughout the rest of the Muslim world, fifth columns trying to destabilize repressive and hated governments like Egypt and Syria and Algeria - what's the US going to do? Do you really want to play nuclear chicken with someone like bin Laden? This isn't some Saddam Hussein - a bully who was chickenshit at heart. This is a man who led troops from the front, a man not just willing but happy to die for his faith.

So - what do you have?  ??

I say this without irony or sarcasm fully respecting your right to express your opinion

So then would you have us play the Chicken and permit our woman to put in burlap bags and tied to a metaphorical drum which they would beat continuously while shouting:UNCLEAN, UNCLEAN

One of the motivating factors behind a great deal Bush and US Govt hating is the felt but unacknowledged factor behind the sustenance of any civil polity;horrible though it is, I suggest that while we sojourn on this earth there is no substitute for it;and to minds like yours:sensitive intelligent and peacefully visionary it becomes almost unbearable:namely THE AGE-OLD CEREMONY OF HUMAN SACRIFICE===

wHICH IS ESSENTIALLY WHAT WAR IS:disguised mutation of the ancient aztec rituals;only we do it without mounting the steps of their mezo-american pyramids in order to get closer to whatever it is they worship, in order to facilitate their Deities examining the obsidian knife they use to cut the heart out of the chosen one-

We simply blow each other to bits and unceremoniously scatter the entrails all over what we call our holy shrine---the Battlefield

Anatol Lutwak suggested this anti-sacrificial mood would envelope us during future wars because of our semi-infertility:wheras intimes past 6 children per household (IT wasn't as exotic as it sounds today). it enabled households to tolerate the death of a child as a noble gesture. Today, with one point eight children per home it becomes intolerable---

While I dont believe the above exhausts the moral swamp we discuss it forces us to rethink our positions

War is a crime==Indeed and that's why occasionally we must punish the criminals---

p.s. I believe the moral force of the current war emanates partially from the intellectual progeny of now deceased University of Chicago Professor Leo Strauss--none of whom I believe take one ounz of pleasaure in this hateful ossupation called War

Please take my words as I intended them--with full respect just as i accept yours

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: :cry: :cry:

With respect to the issue of the corporate media and their reluctance (until recently) to run things to ground and determine the entire truth...it's helpful to examine the root cause.

Cause and Affect:

Cause: Politically-related media spending.

Affect: Control of the media.

Campaign finance reform was, is, and will forever remain the single most important issue where the survival of this Democracy is concerned. When the single largest source of revenue for the corporate media is political advertising, and when the media company lobbyists did their "deal with the devil"...to block all efforts at campaign finance reform...what did they have to give up on the other side of the deal?

Their integrity.

If the media is truly ready to embark on a soul searching mission to identify what went so terribly wrong, they need to go all the way back to the beginning to see where the money came from that led to the corruption of a system that had served us well for decades.

The media's willingness to disseminate Official Disinformation as fact is in fact, Quid Pro Quo.

We The People own the Airwaves. We The People are entitled to view frequent and free debates among politicians who choose to use OUR airwaves to better educate We The People about the issues of the day to such an extent that We the People may vote based upon intelligent debate...not attack advertising.

Why is CSPAN not being used for this purpose?

Yeah, sometimes my emotional, infantile, naivete and idealism get the better of me. I am simply hoping that heroes will emerge, as they have in the past. Is it possible today? Will there be an Edward R. Murrow who will stand up and call a spade a spade? I hope so. I sure do.

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!?

Some stories in the media today about the unprecedented volume of untruthful attack ads by the addministrations re-election campaign. These are vicious, vindictive people who will stop at nothing.

I think we have reason to be afraid. It is definitely a time where a hero, or heroes are needed. I think of guys like Powell and McCain, and wonder if they will be able to step forward, and speak out against what is going on. To my mind, Powell is the only one in the administration with the gravitas, and the potential to do it. But will he speak out? He has made a few noises lately, buy not enough.

In the Senate, McCain of course, and perhaps John Warner. Lugar may have gotten the ball rolling, but, while a heavyweight, he does not have the stature of McCain or Warner. If Warner breaks, that should be enough to bring down this government. If only we had a parliamentary system....

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!?

Guest yobob1

Conspiracy theory #3896

If Bush were assasinated right before the election, putting Cheney in the driver's seat, would the election be suspended? Blame it on Al Queda and you've killed a Dodo and another bird with one stone. Think about it.

Here's a letter published in Today's N.Y. Times:

A Timid Press Poses a Risk to All

Published: May 31, 2004

To the Editor:

Re "To Tell the Truth," by Paul Krugman (column, May 28):

There has been much debate lately over whether the press has been too easy on President Bush (left wing) or too harsh (right wing).

The press has a responsibility to the public to be adversarial to any sitting administration. It is our only hope of keeping power in check and the government honest.

We are witnessing, with the Iraq war, among other things, what happens when the press stops asking hard questions and demanding explanations.

An adversarial press is doing its job. A timid, compliant press fails all of us.

GINNA GRACEY

Dover, Mass., May 28, 2004

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/31/opinion/L31KRUG.html

McCain and Powell will meet prior to the Republican National Convention for a frank discussion regarding the future direction of their party and the country.

Each has one chance to alter history and establish their own legacy. This is that chance.

McCain/Powell ticket?

Archived