The Panic Continues

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question for the night is this... is it safe to go long on some mining stocks? I'd like to buy some paas, gg, and hmy, but have been afraid to press the buy button. Currently my account is 30% bearx and 70% cash. Since Big Al decided that my cash will only earn 1% I'm looking for something with a better rate of return.

Do not under estimate the power of relative out-performance. If your neighbor loses 50%, he now needs over 100% to catch up to your 1%. If you can't pull the trigger on gold, it's probably because you are too busy looking for that magic buy indicator. Take 10%(or what ever is comfortable) of your cash, divide by three, and scale in.

Thanks. Important post. Succinct.

By scaling in, my position is more secure- in price, and psychologically during the inevitable shake-out.

...but like TE said its not too late. ?Do it ! ?If you're skittish just do BEARX, it barely gets spanked in rallies and performs like RYAIX when the market takes it in the butt. ?Buy it and forget about it. ?Now's the time. ?Don't delay call today!...

Yea, "We have Operators standing by." And what Operators they are.

I decided to wait today as well in case this was a headfake. Like what you were mentioning on IDS this morning Piles. By afternoon I was concerned the drop had already started. I just hope Thursday and/or Friday are strong enough for me to do my shorts in on a good up move. Just give me one more chance. I don't want to be out of this next week. We shall see.

Charliss-GG is run by a fellow called Bob McEwen who is smart and savvy and very market oriented-the funds love him-their property at Red Lake, Ontario is Canada's second largest mine-they have a huge chunk of ground in addition to the existing mine and as they drill their reserves and grade keep going up and up-they pay a good dividend which you can take in cash or i kid you not Gold. They have zero debt and are unhedged. Last month McEwen announced they hat made 3 Million bucks trading PDG stock (which they believe is undervalued) and he stated they might take a run at PDG. Now Placer is the 3rd largest miner in the world and is undervalued due to the people who run it-if GG took it out the new company would soar. Trade safe!

Mousey, this (p/c ratio) is what I too noticed about today, thinking head-fake down before one more pop up to finish it off for good.

http://www.internetstockreport.com/close/a...1566711,00.html

plus it didn't look like the rally off Dec 31 low is complete time-wise, price-wise it was yesterday as SG noted. I'd rather wait to at least Jan 10/13 fib date before adding the more aggressive shorting strategies and losing the screamers.

BEARX you can do at anytime at this point.

SG got me a little nervous in that he made his massive move but, he says he is sometimes a bit early. The babes I want to hit didn't have much volume. That gave me a little solice.

Guest AssMaster

Re: miners

I'm 80 percent invested, but putting bids under the market for some of the stronger stocks like so...

buy 100 shrs @ -5%

buy 200 shrs @ -10%

buy 400 shrs @ -15%

if the bids get hit, fine. If not, well the other 80% are going up anyway (except #&(%-ing Hecla!), so who cares?

Also, bought the Dundee Precious Metals fund yesterday and the damned thing was up 10% in one day. Will be buying more on any pullbacks.

End, you've got a great slugging percentage lately. I wish I understood all that ewave stuff. I guess I need to get a book.

According to that chart, though, they think the SPX may try to go up to 1025 or even higher. That is hard for me to fathom, but still a possibility.

Short Idea:

Double top, negative MACD divergence.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=coh,uu[l,a]dahlniay[dd][pc50!c200][vc60][i].gif

Morning HeatMap Long Idea:

Big earnings surprise afterhours.

"Teen clothing retailer Hot Topic Inc. (HOTT) on Wednesday said December sales at stores open at least a year rose 10.6 percent, boosted by strong holiday sales of its music-themed merchandise. The retailer also forecast fourth-quarter profit to slightly exceed Wall Street's current estimates or to be 25 percent up from a year ago. It cited lower than planned level of markdowns this past December."

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=hott,uu[l,a]dahlniay[dd][pc50!c200][vc60][i].gif

Long term bottom, positive MACD divergence, stock is prone to huge squeezes from this level.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=ko,uu[l,a]dahlniay[dd][pc50!c200][vc60][i].gif

TE...thanks :lol:

For anyone out there worried (paranoid) there is substantial upside, forget about it. We're hitting the ceiling here.

Last time %sells was this low (%buys this high) was Jan 16, 2002. Massive declines always ensued. :grin:

Sorry Pudlow and Creamer...NO SOUP FOR YOU - NEXT !

post-7-1042081698_thumb.gif

Here's some good T & A charts on the Nasdaq 100 that I found over at stockcharts.com

It appears that we are sitting on the lower part of the uptrending channel and also at a fib support. That meshes well with the Dover Sole conditions in the stochastics, descending wedge on the SPX and DOW, and 1400 held on the Nasdaq. Seems to be a setup for a little bounce. We shall see....

Archived