Bear Zone Stool Number 2

Welcome Fellow Bears and Stoolies!

Deepest Tanks to Thorass for the suggestion and for the support of numerous Stoolies who are still, like Doc, true believers in the Bear case. This forum is for you! It is both a reward for your loyalty, and a haven from abuse. I and other moderators will protct this forum zealously! This forum is limited to discussion of the bear case. Moderators will delete boollish arguments or expressions of sentiment. I hereby instruct all moderators to shoot first, kill the intruder, dispose of the body, ask and answer no questions. :lol:

This thread will be for intraday market issues, a parallel thread to IDS. After the close one of the moderators, or I, will open an after market alternative to Mark to Market. Those who are neutral swingers, bool, bi and AC/DC should continue to feel free to post in those forums as always, without fear of ridicule or retribution. I am firmly convinced that segregating the Bool from the Bear will work for the greater happiness of all. There's been way too much acrimony on the boards of late. Iw ant it to stop.

So, true Stool believers, take it away. As always, many tanks for your support!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ThorAss here. And welcome ye bear. Once again I'd ask everyone to post your PMS stuff and the like over on Stool's Gold. They're very friendly and it would be really good to get all the great (and not so great) PMS ideas in one place. They're also natgas and such friendly.

Anyway, my short scan blew out to 6 pages, over 50 issues and includes the likes of AMZN, ASKJ, DRIV, and YHOO. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding shorts.

This probably won't have much effect on the market today, but the derivitive pyramid shows that it is great for both creating and hiding losses.

Enron creditors have lost about $55 billion.

Enron's Creditors to Get Peanuts

Enron Corp.'s bankruptcy, perhaps the most celebrated corporate flameout in recent years, is also likely to be one of the costliest for creditors.

A reorganization plan expected to be filed Friday calls for most creditors, who are owed an estimated $67 billion, to be paid between 14.4 cents and 18.3 cents on the dollar. That's far below the average corporate bankruptcy recovery and about half of the targeted return for most creditors of WorldCom Inc., the only bankruptcy bigger than Enron's.

Producer Price Indexes -- June 2003

The Producer Price Index for Finished Goods advanced 0.5 percent in June, seasonally adjusted, the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor reported today. This index decreased 0.3 percent in May and 1.9 percent in April. At the earlier stages of processing, prices received by manufacturers of intermediate goods rose 0.5 percent, compared with a 0.8-percent decline in the preceding month. The index for crude materials jumped 4.5 percent in June, after increasing at a 1.7-percent rate a month earlier

Evidence that the economy is dependent on further declines in interest rates continues to mount.

Believe it or not, the economy is beginning to show the strain of a long bond at a 4.7% level. The refi index has dropped like a stone as have mortgage applications.

Archived