B4 The Bell Tuezleday

Guest yobob1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yobob1
A major story in Europe very underreported here is that Russian/U.S. relations have gotten very chilly in the last 72 hours.? Apparently Putin has been furious about U.S. military personnel being in Georgia and Uzbekistan.? Yesterday NATO announced after the induction of the new member countries that it would permanently station two F-18's in Lithuania which borders Russia.? In my view a totally stupid move! ;)

Thanks for the insight, Brian. Agreed, this is important. There was a third day of violence in Tashkent, Uzbekistan:

News story

Uzbekistan is a totalitarian dictatorship where political parties are not allowed. It's a former Soviet republic. And now it's a U.S. military client state, with a U.S. base. Dictator Islam Karimov may be a bastard who tortures and kills domestic political opponents. A Saddam Hussein kind of guy, you might say. But he's "our bastard."

Russia is no happier about this than the U.S. would be if the Russians moved into Guam or Puerto Rico. Militarizing the Baltic states when there is no obvious enemy is another provocation. The philosophy seems to be, if the bear is sleeping, let's poke him with a stick until he wakes up and lashes out.

What do you expect from a bunch of Neocon Bible thumping snake handlers? Poking a sleeping bear is no big deal. An annoucement out of Russia I heard on the radio this morning - they have developed a weapons system that negates our much beloved missle defense system which has yet to prove any capability beyond shooting down stationary blimps. We would be better off issuing umbrellas to the loyal homeland defenders.

Steady, dips, slips, hurts, edges down, & little changed. Looks like nobody is on the same page.

Consumer Confidence Steady in March

Jefferson City News Tribune, MO - 16 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Consumer confidence, which fell sharply in February, remained relatively steady in March, according to a business research group

Canada Bonds Rise After US Consumer Confidence Little Changed

Bloomberg - 37 minutes ago

March 30 (Bloomberg) -- Canada's benchmark two-year bond gained for the first day in three after a report showed consumer confidence in the US, Canada's

Weak consumer confidence hurts US stocks

Washington Times, DC - 14 minutes ago

NEW YORK, March 30 (UPI) -- US stocks fell slightly Tuesday on reports of weakening consumer confidence and doubts about future job creation.

American consumer confidence slips, hit by job fears

Channel News Asia, Singapore - 22 minutes ago

A consumer confidence index compiled from a survey of 5,000 households eased 0.2 point to 88.5 in March, failing to recover from a 9.2-point plunge the

Consumer Confidence Dips

Smartmoney.com (subscription) - 31 minutes ago

... month. The Conference Board's consumer-confidence index slipped slightly to 88.3 in March from a revised 88.5 in February.

A big build-up of US military presence occurred in Central Asia under the cover of the war on terror, particularly at the start of the US military engagement in Afghanistan. Perhaps Russia thought that when the US turned over the bulk of the real fighting there to the Russian-backed, drug-dealing Northern Coalition, a new partnership was evolving.

With Russia?s heavy new investment in oil, I think Russia will become more of one mind with OPEC and use oil as a kind of strategic weapon, perhaps diverting more oil to China for example.

correct. Iraq and Afghanistan were circled with US/NATO military positions LONG beFUR war commenced.

The question is whether they'll ever leave - with all that OIL in the region in play.

Putin's ire, now, is a bit puzzling, unless it's solely directed at Lithuanian developments.

What do you expect from a bunch of Neocon Bible thumping snake handlers? Poking a sleeping bear is no big deal. An annoucement out of Russia I heard on the radio this morning - they have developed a weapons system that negates our much beloved missle defense system which has yet to prove any capability beyond shooting down stationary blimps. We would be better off issuing umbrellas to the loyal homeland defenders.

Yobob1, that is interesting. Last night I was reading about the Russians

working for years to develop some kind of microwave/electromagnetic

wave pulsing technology that they claimed provided impenetrable shields

from incoming attacks and enables them to manipulate weather and

kill the electronics in any system. The evidence presented suggested

that their wavepulsing thing was operating when the Challenger crashed.

When Russia realized (after destroying a few cities of their own by accident)

that they had a horrendous device, they sought to develop and agreement

that no nation would develop or use this. We did not agree to sign and

have been working on this technology but only with more recent results.

When Russia "disarmed" the Soviet areas, they removed all their missiles/weapons back behind, I think, the Ural Mountains.

Now if we start getting too close to their borders, God help us.

Sherlock

:D I wonder if CEF has started buying gold yet :D

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

Or what about silver :grin:

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html

I only wise CEF has another offering next month. I will buy into that offering also.

It feels nice to know when you are part of the money force that is moving silver and gold.

I don't have this from the horse's mouth, but I believe that CEF invests in gold/silver as soon as they get the money in their hands. Also they do use futures, and take delivery.

It would be great if you can get in at the secondary price. Since it was sold at a premium to asset value, older shareholders also benefit.

Cspan is awesome- I can toggle the channels and keep it in a little window on my screen. Works flawlessly with the new free version of Realplayer.

Greg, I didn't even know you could get it on the PC vs TV.

My cable only gives C-Span1 and 2, so this is great.

I'm using the Microsoft video now on C-Span3

Thanks for the idea.

Archived