B4 The Bell Tuezelday August 24

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maria just finished her interview with the Yale Economist regarding the housing bubble.  Never seen her so docile.  Asked soft ball questions designed to let him paint a doom and gloom scenario along the lines of a 23% drop in housing like in the last LA housing bust.  Asked him to describe how that would effect the economy and the markets.  He painted the expectedly gloomy picture and she did nothing but thank him for his opinion.

TOTAL SET UP!

Expect a monsteruos move in the Ten Year next week designed to set up a refi bonanza going into the election.

THE FIX IS IN!

Nonsense. This is all program trading. News is being ignored. Computers don't watch the news. The individual investor is done like the dodo bird.

What about the hedge fund "dodos" ?

Time magazine knuckles under to the fedgov:

Contempt of court orders against Time magazine and one of its reporters were dismissed after the journalist agreed to give a statement to prosecutors probing the Bush administration leak of a covert CIA officer's identity.

In a statement Tuesday, Time said reporter Matthew Cooper agreed to give a deposition after Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, personally released Cooper from a promise of confidentiality about a conversation the two had last year.

Singin' Like a Canary

Traditionally the press has taken a hard line against being forced to disclose confidential sources.

What the 'Justice' Department achieves with this precedent is to suppress future leaks.

Nobody will release 'sensitive' info to the press, knowing that his/her identity may be extracted via a contempt citation later.

Score another victory for the seamless national security state.

Maria just finished her interview with the Yale Economist regarding the housing bubble.  Never seen her so docile.  Asked soft ball questions designed to let him paint a doom and gloom scenario along the lines of a 23% drop in housing like in the last LA housing bust.  Asked him to describe how that would effect the economy and the markets.  He painted the expectedly gloomy picture and she did nothing but thank him for his opinion.

TOTAL SET UP!

Expect a monsteruos move in the Ten Year next week designed to set up a refi bonanza going into the election.

THE FIX IS IN!

Nonsense. This is all program trading. News is being ignored. Computers don't watch the news. The individual investor is done like the dodo bird.

I wasn't referring to the trading situation - I was referring to abnormal behaviors on CNBS today...very abnormal.

Time magazine knuckles under to the fedgov:

Contempt of court orders against Time magazine and one of its reporters were dismissed after the journalist agreed to give a statement to prosecutors probing the Bush administration leak of a covert CIA officer's identity.

In a statement Tuesday, Time said reporter Matthew Cooper agreed to give a deposition after Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, personally released Cooper from a promise of confidentiality about a conversation the two had last year.

Singin' Like a Canary

Traditionally the press has taken a hard line against being forced to disclose confidential sources.

What the 'Justice' Department achieves with this precedent is to suppress future leaks.

Nobody will release 'sensitive' info to the press, knowing that his/her identity may be extracted via a contempt citation later.

Score another victory for the seamless national security state.

Given all the recent Republican Dirty Tricks, dust-ups over the Vietnam War, and now the re-enactment of a Watergate-style subversion operation run-amock... with "Libby" in the hot seat...in place of "Liddy"...can the flashbacks be far behind?

Where did I put those Procol Harem albums? I hate it when I hide shit when I'm stoned!

Maria just finished her interview with the Yale Economist regarding the housing bubble. Never seen her so docile. Asked soft ball questions designed to let him paint a doom and gloom scenario along the lines of a 23% drop in housing like in the last LA housing bust. Asked him to describe how that would effect the economy and the markets. He painted the expectedly gloomy picture and she did nothing but thank him for his opinion.

TOTAL SET UP!

THE FIX IS IN!

Have to agree Plunger.Their timing on oil is pretty impeccable.Oil has now replaced a possible terrorist threat to the "integrity" of the US stock indices.As they already control oil,it's pretty much a given that the price will now drop all the way into the erection.Looking at this chart of Brent--it's never been so overbot.

Combined with your observations about Crapvision,the fix is definitely in!

post-20-1093380889_thumb.png

The irony is that gasoline prices at the pump will now be rising while oil prices are falling. these guys are running one hell of a show and destroying any connection between price and logic. This is an effort designed to change all of the rules and break all of the expectations. Today, Pissonme's script was all about demonstrating how the behavior of the markets had finally completed its disconnection from the price of crude oil.

I'm learning their game.

Guest libertas

TOTAL SET UP!

THE FIX IS IN!

What about the hedge fund "dodos" ?

They're just watching their little robots trade away.

Just heard on Fox News 2 Russian airliners have crashed.

MOSCOW - Two Russian airliners carrying a total of more than 100 people crashed south of Moscow, the ITAR-Tass news agency reported Tuesday. There was no word on survivors.

The first plane was carrying 54 passengers and a crew of eight when it crashed in the Tula region near the village of Buchalki, the agency said, citing a duty officer at the regional center for civil defense and emergencies. The Tula region is about 110 miles south of Moscow.

The second plane was carrying 44 people when it crashed near Rostov, the agency said, citing an Inter-State Aviation Committee official. Rostov is about 600 miles south of Moscow.

Both planes were Tupolev Tu-154 jets, a medium-range airliner.

Also see:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/08/24...rash/index.html

"house prices are difficult to measure given the enormous heterogeneity of the U.S. housing stock -- both within and across geographic regions -- and available measures of residential trends do not match precisely with the units for which we have prices"

Alan Greenspan

August 24, 2004

Dear Mr. Greenspan:

Thank you for your clear advice to me, my friends and family members about how best to plan for our futures, and manage our largest and most important asset. Thank you also for reminding us recently that our house payments can be lower through the miracle of an adjustable rate mortgage, and for assuring us that we have not over-borrowed relative to our savings levels. I make it a point to quote you often when teaching my children about the wise use of credit, money, and about integrity.

We rely on your economic wisdom - and I'm certain that if you ever do happen to notice any data pointing to the prospect of a housing bubble forming, you'll warn us about "irrational exhuberance" as you so wisely did in the lead-up to the bursting of the stock market bubble.

We all sleep better at night knowing that our entire economic future is essentially in your hands.

God Bless You Alan Greenspan

Signed:

We The Sheeple

Let's see, the problem with falling oil prices is that there just isn't as much need for US dollars. That means the dollar would fall. So what can we do to keep people duying dollars? I know, how about we herd the cats by scaring them. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Two Russian passenger jets crash

I was only joking yesterday. Greenspan gave me a call and thought that the bankruptcy talk would be funny.

Philippines will never default on debts, Arroyo vows

Archived