B4 The Bell, Tuezelday, June 15

bubblevision quickly manufactured and distrubuted a terrorist reason for the mkt coming in late in the day.? ? The propaganda net is wide.

Riiight ;) I can just imagine them running around in the control room in a panic, "OH MY GOD!!!! How are we going to explain this 9 POINT DROP!?!? - I know - the TERRORISTS! Yeah, Effing brilliant!"

Give me a break.

You're probably correct.

Do us a favor and track down the articles in the local New York news to confirm what actually happened in that city that caused the scare in the markets....surely the news covered it, eh?

Thanks.

So, unless I can prove that there was in fact a terrorist threat in NYC today, the theory that Crapvision conspired with the Matrix to manufacture an excuse for the 9 point drop in order to avert a panic by the masses must be true?

Come on now. Are you really saying that conspiracy theories are assumed to be true until proven false?

Soup was correct on this. I heard Maria Bartiroma mention the NY threat

and she was checking with Bob Pisante at the Bond Market to see about it.

He said that after some people "checked," they found out it was not true.

But his voice was loud and quite excited like he really had a hot item.

She also mentioned something about attacks in Saudi Arabia but no

details about when that might have happened and that one was dropped.

Whether its a conspiracy or not, its p*ss poor reporting.

The effect of either one is to keep people nervous.

I didn't hear anything about either "attack" on other news reports.

Sherlock

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

?

South Asia

US terror report misses the mark

By Ajai Sahni

A review of the contents of the report with regard to South Asia (the only region treated in this assessment) exposes a capriciousness that does not suggest perverse intent, but utter incomprehension and abysmal ignorance on the part of those who have been charged with its compilation. The State Department indicates that the data was compiled by the Terrorist Threat Integration Center, which comprises "elements from the [Central Intelligence Agency], [Federal Bureau of Investigation] and Departments of Homeland Security and Defense". If this reflects the levels of intelligence available to these agencies, or their competence, that should certainly disturb not only the American taxpayer, but people across the world who have to deal with the often disastrous consequences of American errors of policy and perception. There is, throughout the report, a comprehensive failure to identify and consistently apply clear definitions and norms and a systemic tendency to both grossly underestimate and distort the actual patterns and magnitude of terrorism globally.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/FF16Df03.html

Sherlock:

My antenna went up immediately when I hear the way in which he was bringing this story forward...it sounded too vague...and he was dismissing it at the same time he was revealing it...just came across as a lame excuse for the market weakness.

Would I put it past one of his "sources" to feed Pissonme a "cover story"

Nope.

How many 3am jams?

How many 3pm jams?

How many cancellations of market unfriendly data?

How many fed bullhorning days?

How many +1400 ticks?

How many buying frenzies at crucial junctures?

How many gold and silver slams?

Too many to list

Keystrokes rule until power is maintained

If its that simple why would they stop once power is maintained?

The time required to maintain the market in a trading range is finite...just over four months until the election.

The capital required against the backdrop of shrinking liquidity and rising yields is not.

Why would the present administration waste capital on maintaining the bubble after successfully maintaining power?

The election will be determined by the performance of the Dow between now and November. Does anyone really think that the administration will allow failure so close to their day of reckoning? Unless there is some sort of 10 sigma event I expect a trading range for the next 4 months that transfers wealth out of the pockets of both the bulls and bears.

Failure is not an option. Expect the deceit to have no boundaries.

I'm just an old worn out bear that is becoming very tired of the games. Truth becomes harder to find with each passing day.

Here's more EW info than anyone wants. :P

The count on a closing basis can differ from the candlestick count as it appears to be doing this time. This final C-of-2 (let's pretend for the moment that we know that's where we are) shows an extended subwave 3 on the candlestick chart I posted earlier. With an extended 3, subwave 5 can be any length.

The closing price chart, however, shows an extended subwave 1. That caps the subwave 5 to no longer than subwave 3. That means 1150 tops for this rally (daily closing basis).

FWIW

Closing basis charts are what should be used at all times. We elliott guys/ gals get jitiry and wind up doing 1 minute charts. Elliott always used close only. I intend fully to implement that work if I survive this. :)

Sherlock:

My antenna went up immediately when I hear the way in which he was bringing this story forward...it sounded too vague...and he was dismissing it at the same time he was revealing it...just came across as a lame excuse for the market weakness.

Would I put it past one of his "sources" to feed Pissonme a "cover story"

Nope.

The White House has a whole staff devoted to watching TV, monitoring news and putting out misinformation regarding anything that isn't administration positive. Do you remember the flap with David Letterman a couple of months ago when Letterman showed a tape of the bushman giving a speech and a kid in the background was acting totally disinterested? The White House actually called CNN and had them "cover" the Letterman's show skit and say that the tape had been edited -- not realizing that Letterman wouldn't let it go. Turned into a real hoot, but it goes to show us just how far this administration is willing to go to manage absolutely everything. They want total control.

Sherlock:

Would I put it past one of his "sources"  to feed Pissonme a "cover story"

Nope.

The White House has a whole staff devoted to watching TV, monitoring news and putting out misinformation regarding anything that isn't administration positive. Do you remember the flap with David Letterman a couple of months ago when Letterman showed a tape of the bushman giving a speech and a kid in the background was acting totally disinterested? The White House actually called CNN and had them "cover" the Letterman's show skit and say that the tape had been edited -- not realizing that Letterman wouldn't let it go. Turned into a real hoot, but it goes to show us just how far this administration is willing to go to manage absolutely everything. They want total control.

And that is where I expect their capital to be invested, CONTROL...AFTER November...not the market because it will not matter...

This song is for all who help in finding the TRUTH.

Yes

Tales from Topographic Oceans (1974)

Ritual (Nous Sommes du Soleil)

TANTRAS: The ritual seven notes of freedom to learn and to know the

ritual of life. Life is a fight between sources of evil and pure love.

Alan and Chris present and relay the struggle out of which comes

a positive source. Nous sommes du soleil. We are of the sun.

We can see.

Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play

Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play

Open doors we find our way

We look we see we smile

Surely daybreaks cross our path

And stay maybe a while

Let them run, let them chase

Let them hide between

Constant doors will open eyes

As life seems like

Life seems like a

Fight, fight, fight

Maybe I'll just sing awhile

And then give you a call

Maybe I'll just say hello

And say maybe that's all

Hurry home as love is true

Will help us through the night

Till we're coming home again

Our life seems like

Life seems like a

Fight, fight, fight

Catch as we look and use the passions that flow

As we try to continue

We receive all we venture to give

Maybe we'll just stand awhile

And surely we can call

Dreams are said to blossom courage

Constant to the soul

Change we must as surely time does

Changes call the course

Held inside we enter daybreaks

Asking for asking four

The source

The source

The source

Sent as we sing our music's total retain

As we try and consider

We receive all we venture to give

All we sai is our

Soul constant sight listener

We won't tender our song clearer

Till we sail

Then I will be there

And I will be there

As clearer companions

Shall call to be near you

They move around tell me that

Move around surely sing

As they don't seem to matter at all

At all at all

Hold me my love, hold me today call me round

Travel we say, wander we chchoose love tune

Lay upon me, hold me around lasting hours

We love when we play

We hear a sound and alter our returning

We drift the shadows and course our way on home

Flying home

Going home

Look me my love sentences move dancing away

We join we receive

As our song memories long hope in a way

Nous sommes do soleil

Hold, me around, lsting ours

We love when we play

Nous sommes do soleil

Nous sommes du soleil

Nous sommes du soleil

post-20-1087249025.gif

Why didn't I say a bounce was due off the middle pentagram yesterday? Because the whole pattern is weird...I'm not a speculator and I don't want anyone thinking I can predict short term moves or care to do so....

But in the bottom chart thats where all the other bounces were...the late day sell off was the kiss of the upper resistance line just above the blue bar and the recovery was the bounce off the line it had just crossed...where to now? The lines are too big and the pentagrams too small to be accurate...Ultimately I don't care...The point between the tops and bottoms are where the speculators fight it out...the tops and bottoms are engineered by the market makers...

The stock market is a scam...

post-1-1087346882.gif

Conspiracy...

post-1-1086044242.gif

post-1-1086044106.gif

post-1-1086120206.gif

Market shut down...the FED ringing the dinner bell slashing Fed Funds...come and get it...yee haw...

No conspiracy...Osama was a master technical anal cyst and knew exactally when to crash the planes from a cave in Afghanistan to cause maximum damage...

The Dow is 30 stocks...that had churned and burned for two years and just when the long term resistance was going to be broken through the planes crashed...Maybe the printing presses broke down?

Who does this event help more? The nut cases in the USA or the former USA supported freedom fighters but now terrorist nut cases in Afghanistan?

Maybe both...

It sure helped the FED

Why did the market cave in in 2001? Answer Terrorists...

How about this one...

post-1-1086033875.gif

Why did manufacturing employment collapse? Answer Terrorists...

What timing...

HT,

Just curious as to why the second zig-zag is not drawn to the bottom of the may lows? Why draw it to the same level as the previous bottom and cut off the chart? Isn't that inconsistent with what that market actually did? We have already traded lower than the bottom on that chart, so the pattern is not valid IMO.

Archived