B4 The Bell Wednesday March 10

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remind me not to stick my head in over at IDS. The bull horns sticking through the thin bear suits are so obvious. Lots of we want to feel good and everything will be ok. Also plenty of shoot the messengers. For clarity, I have no desire to see this country turned upside down and gutted. It is happening, and not talking about it or recognizing the realities will not change it. Chronicling it hopefully will make some aware and allow them to react before it's too late.

Dallas resale home prices down 3% in Feb. on top of 3% in January. Now if we use the NEW ECONOMY extrapolation theory that's about 30% a year! Repeat after me, real estate never goes down. I can't hear you! Oh, I see you have a massive cranial-rectal insertion problem, no wonder you sound muffled.

No need to make silly assumptions. According to the new world order: things go up in a straight line, when (/if) they go down it is overdone.

MoGauge Barely Upticks

As Rates Plunge

Once a week Doc fills you in on the all important MoGauge , straight from the MoGauge Bankers Ass. The MoGauge reflects a major source of liquidity in the financial bubble world and is an important indicator of future market behavior, often forecasting broad market movements months in advance. Take a subscribatory and download your MoGauge RIGHT NOW!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

=DJ Banc Of Amer To Pay $10M To Settle SEC Research Probe -2-

In a statement Wednesday, Bank of America, parent of the securities operations, said it takes the matter seriously and it has made changes to improve its ability to respond to regulatory inquiries.

"The company believes the problems addressed by the SEC in this settlement are isolated and we continue to look for ways to improve our ability to respond to inquiries such as this," the bank said.

SEC officials said they began investigating possible improper trading at Banc of America Securities in mid-2001.

"We're look at trading by the firm and trading by individuals," Scott Friestad, an assistant director in the SEC's enforcement division, told Dow Jones Newswires. He said the investigation centers on whether trading occurred in advance of the bank issuing research that would upgrade or downgrade stock picks.

Friestad said company officials were slow to supply documents and dragging their feet in some cases up to two years.

Some compliance documents stored off-site were destroyed in the autumn of 2002, soon after the SEC requested them, Friestad added. He said the timing was "strange," but said the SEC had no evidence that documents were destroyed deliberately.

"It was concealed from us for a long time that those documents were destroyed," Friestad said.

Dow Jones Newswires

Archived