B4 The Bell Thursday October 7

=DJ NEWS WRAP: Bank Of America Unveils Another 4,500 Job Cuts

CHARLOTTE (Dow Jones)--Bank of America Corp. (BAC), the third-largest U.S. bank, will cut an additional 4,500 jobs, or 2.5% of its work force, as part of the company's integration of FleetBoston Financial Corp.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

imho you guys are thinking too much about this emp report. If the shrubies were that powerful they would have put up a string of 400k numbers. one big number the morning of the debate looks stupid.

The questions on friday will be asked by individuals in a town hall setting. The emp report is not on the radar of the average participant. The unemployment rate is and it has been in a positive trend for several months.

The chance that some one is going to ask;

"I got laid off form xyz, but I see that 450k jobs were created this month so will you kill more or less terrorists than JK?"

is the same as,

"Shrubie I see that only 80k jobs were created this month, do you think the price of oil will go down so I can fill the 80 gallon tank on my suv for less than $150?"

by the way the Lisio Report (highly accurate) is forecasting only 80k. any positive # is good enough for shrub

Lubricated thoughts:

If demand for crude is still going up, consequently pushing the price up since there are no fresh inputs above 82 mbd; IMHHHHO that means world economy is still growing. From now on the task of finding out if the world economy is expanding or contracting will be easy: crude$ going up = expanding world economy; crude$ going down = contracting world economy.

Any comments?

:unsure:

Lubricated thoughts:

If demand for crude is still going up, consequently pushing the price up since there are no fresh inputs above 82 mbd; IMHHHHO that means world economy is still growing. From now on the task of finding out if the world economy is expanding or contracting will be easy: crude$ going up = expanding world economy; crude$ going down = contracting world economy.

Any comments?

What about countries like China that are frantically stockpiling?

Also, what's the time lag, using oil as an indicator like that? You can't exactly use "just in time" buying for oil.

DJ Arms Inspector Report Justifies Iraq War Decision -Cheney

MIAMI (AP)--U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney asserted on Thursday that a report by the chief U.S. weapons inspector in Iraq, who found no evidence that Iraq produced weapons of mass destruction after 1991, justifies rather than undermines President George W. Bush's decision to go to war.

Dow Jones Newswires

Lubricated thoughts:

Any comments?

Oil Shock I (1973-74) and II (1979-1980) both predicted poor real (inflation-adjusted) growth.

Nominal growth (in current dollars, pesos, etc.) remained pretty high owing to the inflation.

So it may be that rising oil prices point to continuing nominal economic growth, but weak real growth (i.e. recession).

Of course, "Maybe it's different this time." :lol: ;)

SnP has not broken and closed above crucial 1145-1146 area.. Today looks like it could turn into consolidation. day

If 1146 holds may turn into top area..I see no reason why that might not

happen.

Look at it this way.........there's more "big name advisors", on Bull Band

Wagon, than on Rose Bowl Parade floats.........................

Archived