The Fugitive

david_gerard.gif

web.ukonline.co.uk

I'm sure that those of you born before 1960 remember these gentlemen who were the main protagonists in the original twentieth century version of Le Miserables.

For four years, from 1963 to 1967, David Janssen starred as The Fugitive, Dr. Richard Kimble.

During those four years, Janssen/Kimble traveled throughout the country in search of the "one-armed man" who had committed the murder of Kimble's wife for which Kimble was sentenced to death, all the while keeping one step ahead of his dogged pursuer, Detective Lieutenant Gerard (Barry Morse).

The final episode of The Fugitive, (The Final Judgment), telecast in August of 1967, was for many years the highest-rated TV episode in history. There was little Janssen could do to top that, though he continued appearing in such films as Point Blank (1967) and Green Berets (1969), and starring in such TV series as O'Hara, U.S. Treasury (1971) and Harry O (1974-1976).

Tragically, David Janssen died of a sudden heart attack at age 49, not long after completing his final TV movie, City in Fear (1980).

This was one of my favorite TV series and I remember looking forward to each weekly episode with eager anticipation. I still remember that shortly after the start of the final episode the TV set chose that particular time to try to go on the fritz. Notice I said try. For a very brief time it was malfunctioning. Fiddling with the dials didn't fix it. At which point, facing the prospect of missing that which I had waited almost four years to see, I almost lost it and without thinking smashed my hand down on the set so hard it dented the metal. And it also fixed whatever was wrong with it! Didn't give me any trouble afterwards either!

So I dedicate the IDS threads today to the memory of this fine actor on this, his birthday.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like it will be a blood bath today. Will we have a stick save after the open like the last two days? After which the selling will continue. If today gets ugly, tomorrow will be jam, but will they have enough? The game is over! Panic now so we can hit PD's reset button for the Bull to start blasting it up again. The question is how much down first.

Oilman

Hi all,

I was released from the hospital Tuesday after a week of fun there. Apparently, I have blood clots from the bottom of my spindly right ankle to my lower abdomen. I am on blood thinners and hopefully all is under control. A few small chunks broke off and entered my lungs. Had they been bigger Mr. Janssen and I would have had more in common than just big ears. I will be spending the next couple of weeks at home hopefully, going back to work around the second week in April.

I want to thank all of you who called me while I was in the hospital. It really helped to cheer me up. Thanks to all who PMed me and prayed for me. There is nothing I can say in this post that would come near expressing how I feel about you all. Phatbubble, the chairman of the Dublin Ireland Transplanted Yankee Association of Short Sellers (DIRTYASS) and Gruff, Chairman of the Leeds, England Anglo Division of the Association of Short Sellers (LEADASS) called me all the way from well, . . . you can figure out where.

I want to share one call. . . .

While I was on Percacet (sp.?) for the pain (and after, the pleasure :wink2: ), the lead hemotologist came in to explain my situation to me and Madame Dung. During this time, I was trying to look serious and focused and trying to keep drool from falling out the side of my mouth, then the phone rang.

I picked up the phone to which I heard,

"Hey Mousey it's Fokker!" to which I replied,

"Fokker!!"

After looking into the "Ferris Bueller camera" then Dr. Hemotologist, I told GregF to give me his number and I would call him back in a few minutes. I then sheepishly tried to explain to Dr. Ernest Hemotologist why a seemingly mature polished type like me would yell "Fokker" into the phone which expanded into what CapitalStool was.

All of this being done under the influence of Percacet.

I daytraded via the Whattahose telephone trading whatchamajig. Made a little, nothing much. When I told Doc, he nailed me for what I am, an addict. I went into denial saying "No, I trade the long cycles. This is just while I'm in the hospital and have nothing to do!" He's right though, I love it! I wish I could do this all the time. I wish I didn't have to have the job at the Rock Quarry so I could.

I want to be Oyster when I grow up!

Hi all,

I was released from the hospital Tuesday after a week of fun there. Apparently, I have blood clots from the bottom of my spindly right ankle to my lower abdomen. I am on blood thinners and hopefully all is under control. A few small chunks broke off and entered my lungs. Had they been bigger Mr. Janssen and I would have had more in common than just big ears. I will be spending the next couple of weeks at home hopefully, going back to work around the second week in April.

I want to thank all of you who called me while I was in the hospital. It really helped to cheer me up. Thanks to all who PMed me and prayed for me. There is nothing I can say in this post that would come near expressing how I feel about you all. Phatbubble, the chairman of the Dublin Ireland Transplanted Yankee Association of Short Sellers (DIRTYASS) and Gruff, Chairman of the Leeds, England Anglo Division of the Association of Short Sellers (LEADASS) called me all the way from well, . . . you can figure out where.

I want to share one call. . . .

While I was on Percacet (sp.?) for the pain (and after, the pleasure :wink2: ), the lead hemotologist came in to explain my situation to me and Madame Dung. During this time, while I was trying to look serious and focused and trying to keep drool from falling out the side of my mouth, the phone rang. I picked up the phone to which I heard,

"Hey Mousey it's Fokker!" to which I replied,

"Fokker!!"

After looking into the "Ferris Bueller camera" then Dr. Hemotologist, I told GregF to give me his number and I would call him back in a few minutes. I then sheepishly tried to explain to Dr. Ernest Hemotologist why a seemingly mature polished type like me would yell "Fokker" into the phone which expanded into what CapitalStool was.

All of this being done under the influence of Percacet.

I daytraded via the Whattahose telephone trading whatchamajig. Made a little, nothing much. When I told Doc, he nailed me for what I am, an addict. I went into denial saying "No, I trade the long cycles. This is just while I'm here and have nothing to do!" He's right though, I love it! I wish I could do this all the time. I wish I didn't have to have the job at the Rock Quarry so I could.

I want to be Oyster when I grow up!

Mousey me mate......don't know you yet......but i'll call you me mate....am very glad to hear all is OK...welcome home.

Thanks, Glad. I couldn't do what you do giving us a totally original opening each day.

Happy to see Mousey back. The boards were not the same without him. Percacet and day trading! Should we all look into that?

8:30 am EST: Initial Claims for week of 3/22, prior 421K, consensus 420K

8:30 am EST: GDP-Final for Q1, prior 1.4%, consensus 1.4%

Welcome back Mousey, missed your special brand of humour..

Drano et al kept us informed of your progress...

Hmmm looks like the Footsie's about to dump..

Archived