Prepare For The Dawn

co4.jpg

movieweb.com

This particular scene from John Carpenter's Vampires suddenly came to mind last night - and just refused to leave.

Of course I realized within a few minutes what that meant.

And as I started to prepare this morning offering I sensed how it symbolizes a lot of what's happening right now. I just can't find the right words to describe the connection at present.

And no, it has nothing to do with Doc's new avatar! :grin:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning and good stool to all.

What a sad day. If you want to discuss the war, I have opened a War in Iraq discussion thread.

Please do not link to hate-mongering websites. Dr. Stool does not want to refer traffic to them. Please take a moment to be aware of the content of any websites you want to link to, before doing so.

Please do not discuss the war on Intraday Stool. Brief mentions tied to market activity are ok. Brief news flashes are ok. Confine your comments here to the market, and to informative and/or amusing diversions and personal notes.

Keep your posts short. If it's more that a couple paragraphs, open a topic on LOB or other appropriate forum. Posts that are too long for this forum will be deleted.

Reuters Datalink is still down this morning. It looks like I will be unable to update Suctors and Stoolwethers. I can't believe they do not have redundant backup systems.

The pre-market and intraday updates, as well as Stooltrading will be published as usual.

Many tanks for your support!

Good morning Oy-

Hope you noticed I have begun a thread IDS World Markets for those of you who are trading while we here in The States are asleep. It is opened each night and stays open until Glad opens the AM thread. The thread is right at the top of Intraday Stool through the PAcific, Asian, and early European trading hours. Hopefully lots of Asian, Aussie, and Eurostoolies will take part.

Good morning Oy-

Hope you noticed I have begun a thread IDS World Markets for those of you who are trading while we here in The States are asleep. It is opened each night and stays open until Glad opens the AM thread. The thread is right at the top of Intraday Stool through the PAcific, Asian, and early European trading hours. Hopefully lots of Asian, Aussie, and Eurostoolies will take part.

Yes Doc...I have seen....good idea......I will try to participate when around and I have a moment

Tanks Doc. I come here for great market commentary and analysis. Your ANALS and the forums never disappoint. I I want political or war commentary there are many sites to go to for that.

8:30 am EST: Durable Orders for February, prior 3.3%, consensus -1.0%

10:00 am EST: New Home Sales for February, prior 914K, consensus 927K

10:00 am EST: New Home Sales for February, prior 914K, consensus 927K

Heah in Bahstin, we are becoming more reluctant to overpay for real estate:

Bay State home sales fall 13% in one year

In a dramatic sign that the state's faltering economy has taken a toll on the Bay State housing market, home sales plunged in February by the largest percentage in more than two years, according to data released yesterday by the Massachusetts Association of Realtors.

Sales of single-family homes fell to 2,353 houses last month, down from 2,707 one year earlier, a 13.1 percent decline. Month-to-month, sales fell 18.8 percent from January.

It was the largest monthly drop since July 2000, when home sales fell by 17.2 percent.

Archived