World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Baseline brief

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the photos... wow all those white buildings.  Costs a small fortune for good coffee here in Kal.  Macca's is probably cheaper but I don't go there.  Friends gave me their old espresso machine when they upgraded so now I make my own ..  ;) 

Greece is very inexpensive. Spain was actually a little cheaper. For example. A nice baguette here costs €0.95. In Spain they were rarely more than .69. 

You can get a fantastic meal for 2 here in a nice restaurant  for less than 30 euros including a tip. Today we had late lunch in a nice Cypriot place in Monasteraki, a seedy area at the foot of the Acropolis. The food was sensational. Different than anything I have ever had. 22 euros with 1 glass of wine. Last night I had a 16 piece sushi sampler for 9 euros. 

But outside of a couple of nice neighborhoods, Athens is really hurting. And it's not at all charming, like other European cities, with the exception of those few neighborhoods. Drivers are extremely aggressive. It's ridiculously difficult to cross a major street. They allow right turns on red. Most cities with this much traffic don't. In Paris and most Spanish cities, the traffic stops to allow you to cross the street. Not here. And the the pedestrian signals barely allow enough time to cross. 

Archived