IDS World Markets Thurs 6th December 07

The most popular option in last night's poll was "I will wait to go short." The least popular for a tie were "I will short the open," and "I will wait for a pullback to go long."

From a contrarian standpoint, the market should be shorted at the open, covered and reversed on the pullback, with the market finishing higher on the day.

:)

630520[/snapback]

This board has the best and brightest contrarian thinkers on it... if you want the contrarian standpoint to that just turn on Crapvision. :rolleyes:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!

Welcome to Intraday Stool! Thanks to aussiebear for her daily opening!

You can join the discussion by registering (PG rated user names only, please) and posting here as well.

Registration is easy. Just click the Register link above, enter your email address (which you have the option to keep confidential), and enter a user name. To keep out spammers and scammers, I'll send you an email with a few Monty Python type questions. Just reply with your answers, and I'll approve your registration as soon as I receive your reply.

If you have questions about how to register and post, use the Help link in the menu bar at the top of the page.

If you know others who might be interested in joining us, use the email to a friend link above the thread.

Many tanks for joining us!

Doc

Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time you don't find the information helpful, I'll give you a full refund. It's that simple!Click here for more information.

Subscribe to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition Precious Metals Daily, just $39 quarterly. Try it risk free for 30 days!

Get this indispensable daily analysis and support the Stool!

rfwsad.gif

What is the purported reason for the reversal into the red? TOL? How is that news a surprise to anyone?

630529[/snapback]

Nice to see a bit of red. I had to scramble yesterday to get out of my FSLR short but I kept my AMZN short. Still short the Euro and the GBP here also.

The few who are outraged know that nothing they do, say, or write their congresspeople about will stop the juggernaut from going ahead, so they are shrugging their shoulders and burning inside. Just something else to complain to their friends about.

630503[/snapback]

Isn't that the purpose of this site? How do we make money from the prevailing situation of which we have no input or control? :)

Much ado about nothing. The deal will fall apart within days. It's unenforceable, will result in additional writedowns, trigger countless lawsuits, and the simple announcement of this deal will reduce the mortgage market to a shambles. The secondary mortgage market will cease to function. How do you price this stuff if the government can force a change of terms at will?

630515[/snapback]

I echo your sentiments, but you touched on a personal sore point for me.

My experience has been that the "government" can force a change of terms at will on many financial related contracts. It has happened to me several times when the other party to a contract either goes into bankruptcy or is bought out. The fine print on most sophisticated financial contracts is that the side with all the power can change terms with little or no notice to the other side. Banks can certainly jack up interest rates on credit cards when one bank takes out another, for example.

Knock on wood, as I said I have experienced these one sided changes, but have had the flexibility to dodge the bullets.

I do not in any way disagree with anything else you said and am not suggesting that they can do anything similar in this much larger situation.

Archived