World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Peculiar palpitations

Seconds in a Microsecond World

"The high frequency traders (HFT) are at it again. Contorting the spirit of the rules, because those who wrote the rules aren't technically savvy. On January 4, 2013, we found another instance of HFT morphing their manipulative and illegal quote stuffing strategy in an effort to fly under the radar. [...] Each exchange has been setting limits for the number of canceled orders allowed per second. We know that one exchange has a limit of 300 canceled orders per second per stock.. It's rare to find 300 or more canceled orders in one stock in any one second from that exchange. But you will find tens of thousands of seconds where a stock has 299 canceled orders."

http://www.nanex.net/aqck2/4060.html

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facebook

this thing, beleive it or not, has technically a very good chance to go up (much) more.

attachicon.gifFacebook_daily_20130106.png

No doubt quite possible

Although I stopped buying any and all individual stocks as of late 2011 (ok, I  donged some FCX recently and made out nicely)

But the risk in owning "a name" just isn't worth it if you ask me (see Ford as it imploded)

On the other hand -- the rewards are certainly there should things work out (see Ford as it exploded)

I'll leave "names" to the great unwashed

ETF's are my only trade these days (counteryparty risk disclaimer and all that jazz, yada yada)

Archived