Massive Selling Triggers Massive Decline

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bank health, we get to see if there's any truth to these rumours tomorrow...

Bank of Montreal next quarterly report is due on August 25

Amoss says this bank won’t be able to pay the promised $1.5 billion dividend scheduled later this year, which will precipitate a crash in BMO’s stock by December

http://whispersfromtheedgeoftherainforest....ut-to-fail.html

America is just a few days away from a possible day of reckoning. I again call attention to this day, August 25, when the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation issues its 2nd Quarter report for 2009 on the state of health of American banks.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi116.html

"There is the plain fool, who does all the wrong things everywhere, but there is the Wall Street fool, who thinks that he must trade all the time. No man can can always have adequate reasons for buying and selling stocks daily -- or sufficient knowledge to make his play a successful play."

From Edwin Lefevre, Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Shares of bailed-out mortgage finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac soared Monday, as investors try to piggyback on a rally in shares of government-backed financial companies.

Fannie (FNM, Fortune 500) shares rose nearly 50% in afternoon trading, while Freddie (FRE, Fortune 500) jumped almost 30%.

The mortgage giants' Monday rally was sparked in large part by a jump in the shares of companies like AIG (AIG, Fortune 500) and Citigroup (C, Fortune 500), said Paul Miller, anal cyst at FBR Capital Markets and Co.

hope=words

like it or not, we topped out turday

looks to me like we're now in a free-fall, totally out of control, with the government powerless to stop it

fer example, the inturday action in BAC crapcommon was terrifying

The utter decimation in the aftermath of today's .56 point selloff has some people calling for Geithner's head. Reports of secret meetings at the CNBC offices at 30 Rock with Blackwater bigwigs could not be confirmed. Dennis Knele was seen weeping uncontrollably and Larry Kudlow was reportedly on a ledge near the 50th floor.

I still say we are topping,gonna take some time though.

I have a few guesses for the next 6 months:

1.SPX to 800 or less

2.Bond yields hit NEW LOWS.

3.Oil to 25 or less

4.Muni's RALLY another 20%+ from here

My only position is Muni's....Lots of em.

The utter decimation in the aftermath of today's .56 point selloff has some people calling for Geithner's head. Reports of secret meetings at the CNBC offices at 30 Rock with Blackwater bigwigs could not be confirmed. Dennis Knele was seen weeping uncontrollably and Larry Kudlow was reportedly on a ledge near the 50th floor.

Blackwater Worldwide renamed Xe as company tries to salvage its tarnished brand

Just Sayin'

Blackwater Worldwide renamed Xe as company tries to salvage its tarnished brand

Just Sayin'

I came within a hairs breath of working for the Prince families company many years ago. Fine company to work for if sort of paternalistic. Was privately held and they took it public to cash out in the late 90's. Perfect timing. Same as another West Michigan company, Steelcase. Like Prince they paid well, mostly through bonuses. Obviously bonuses died the instant they were public corporations. I knew some people working for both and the moment I heard they were going public told them to get ready for a huge wage haircut. None of them believed me. Go figure.

That guy Eric with the haircut I had when I was 5, cowlick and all, is a real piece of work.

gappin' down almost another full pernt in the night session :ninja:

gov't needs to step in here quickly to prevent blood in the streets

they'll probably force cramdowns on the margin man

underwater stockowners will git their loan principal reduced, tax-free, down to the current markit value of their common

it's the right thing to do, they're innocent victims

this way everybody wins

Archived