Jarring Juxtapositions Revisited

What's Next Month Bring? Santy Claus or the Grinch?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.martinarmstrong.org/economic_projections.htm

UPDATE NOV 30

Martin Armstrong Will NOT Be Moved!

Word comes from Kris.. WE WON!!!! MARTIN ARMSTRONG WILL NOT BE MOVED! THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED! more to come in a bit.. Please halt all faxing/emailing/calling until further notice.

-----------------

So, whether he is guilty or not, he's going to stay where he is for the time being apparently. So he can still write stuff on the Net, and those of us who enjoy reading his interesting stuff can keep reading it. The Fed should really be grateful to him, as he is one of their defenders-- in favor of keeping them around (although limiting their powers) unlike Ron Paul and numerous others who'd just as soon get rid of them altogether.

That's where me and Armstrong part ways - keeping the fed around. I find his stuff very interesting and educating and, although I think I understand his reasoning behind the fed, I am one that favors junking the whole thing and letting interest rates find their own equilibrium. Benny and his posse don't have a clue when it comes to interest rates - always behind the curve.

I spent some time this afternoon on the phone with my contact at a Numismatic Dealer. Besides verifying that gold demand was unprecedented right now, and also that they were out of gold Eagles and would not be getting new ones from the mint until next year, when I asked him about tungsten bars, he brought up the idea (not me) that the bars were probably part of the GLD inventory and quoted the prospectus (which I have read) where they make no claims as to the purity of their gold. Furthermore, GLD is not liable for fakes/counterfeits, and that if there are any, that it could materially affect share prices.

Damn it all! I hate this conspiracy stuff. I know my dealer is talking his own book because he wants to sell the physical, but at this point the story is getting so much traction that I would just be plain stupid to ignore it. I would be kicking myself forever if I got ripped-off and knew about it before-hand!

What do you do? I’ve got GLD tucked into my trading accounts, IRA’s, kid’s college funds, and some other accounts that I manage for people. I’m making money! After an 80 week consolidation, it’s finally breaking out. Damn the timing! And speaking of timing, do I chance it for a few weeks to keep the taxes off the books this year? Probably, but I’ll be sweating it until New Years Eve.

I don’t think I have a choice but to sell and be safe. This went from being the safest paper investment I knew to one of the riskiest in a matter of weeks. I’ll probably rotate some into the silver ETF since no one seems to be pawning large quantities of fake silver on the Chinese (yet).

This just pisses me off! Fricking pig men can’t even run a decent bullion fund without defrauding investors! The whole world is one big scam!

I’d appreciate hearing any opinions you all have on this. I like this fund and really don’t want to sell. It was kosher until these fake bars surfaced. Now, all I can think is that where there is smoke ….

(BTW, please DYODD here. I’m not claiming there is fake gold in GLD. I’m just stating that I’ve heard enough that I’m not willing to take the chance).

It's one of those numbers that's so unbelievable you have to actually think about it for a while... Within the next 12 months, the U.S. Treasury will have to refinance $2 trillion in short-term debt. And that's not counting any additional deficit spending, which is estimated to be around $1.5 trillion. Put the two numbers together. Then ask yourself, how in the world can the Treasury borrow $3.5 trillion in only one year? That's an amount equal to nearly 30% of our entire GDP. And we're the world's biggest economy. Where will the money come from?

Porter Stansberry

I spent some time this afternoon on the phone with my contact at a Numismatic Dealer. Besides verifying that gold demand was unprecedented right now, and also that they were out of gold Eagles and would not be getting new ones from the mint until next year, when I asked him about tungsten bars, he brought up the idea (not me) that the bars were probably part of the GLD inventory and quoted the prospectus (which I have read) where they make no claims as to the purity of their gold. Furthermore, GLD is not liable for fakes/counterfeits, and that if there are any, that it could materially affect share prices.

Damn it all! I hate this conspiracy stuff. I know my dealer is talking his own book because he wants to sell the physical, but at this point the story is getting so much traction that I would just be plain stupid to ignore it. I would be kicking myself forever if I got ripped-off and knew about it before-hand!

What do you do? I’ve got GLD tucked into my trading accounts, IRA’s, kid’s college funds, and some other accounts that I manage for people. I’m making money! After an 80 week consolidation, it’s finally breaking out. Damn the timing! And speaking of timing, do I chance it for a few weeks to keep the taxes off the books this year? Probably, but I’ll be sweating it until New Years Eve.

I don’t think I have a choice but to sell and be safe. This went from being the safest paper investment I knew to one of the riskiest in a matter of weeks. I’ll probably rotate some into the silver ETF since no one seems to be pawning large quantities of fake silver on the Chinese (yet).

This just pisses me off! Fricking pig men can’t even run a decent bullion fund without defrauding investors! The whole world is one big scam!

I’d appreciate hearing any opinions you all have on this. I like this fund and really don’t want to sell. It was kosher until these fake bars surfaced. Now, all I can think is that where there is smoke ….

(BTW, please DYODD here. I’m not claiming there is fake gold in GLD. I’m just stating that I’ve heard enough that I’m not willing to take the chance).

I'd like to put that on the front page of the WSE, but I'm afraid it would start a panic. :lol:

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

as a Generalization:

IN RE: GLD

if it actually says in the Pro speck tuss that they are not liable nor responsible for certain events or outcomes, (as in phoney gold barz)

then,

anyone who thimks Otherwise would be, potentially quite sorry, an a fool, too.

this is not posted to be harsh, but merely to reflect the Way the so called "Legal System" Works. If it says, (by example) that the management can add will nilly to the inventory of so called gold bullion that backs GLD items that may not really pass muster,

well, guess what?????? They Told You so in Plain English, and in Court, you are not going to find it easy to beat them, if the GLD deal goes south. After all, they told you in black ink that they could make mistakes....get it?

HOW TO HEDGE a Long Position in GLD????? Easy, Call Options on the guys with REAL GOLD IN THE GROUND, unhedged.

GG is the item. And its Calls are cheap.

Once GOLD, the real metal, is above $1,200, they will spring the GLD trap, and the dirty hand will run GG, NEM, ABX, RGLD, etc to over $100 per share. Fear will permit the dirty hand to offload all the GG, NEM, ABX, and RGLD to da Sheeple, who will dump GLD in fear.

GLD and DGP are now suspect. Thimk of them as Dubai Bonds at par, two weeks ago. Then, poof, a surprise is "arranged." The Bonds drop to 40. Then, "come home, all is forgiven." The Bonds go up, Then, awl, shocks, "maybe not," then the Bonds will drop again....This is the Donalds play book in play now for $86 Billion or more....Question: What is the total Market Cap of GLD tonight? See????

Either show us the Real Gold or not...They will not, for they don't have that much....If China, which has more coin now than the Cabots does not have as much gold as GLD claims, well, which Bridge do you like????

Thimk like a Criminal......GLD is simply to attractive an item not to smash and then to push back up by 60% off the "contirved bottom," a bottom that will be based on a floor of TUNGSTEN. Did they not use Tungsten for filaments within the Brightest Bulbs once?????

jickiss!!!!!!!

"Maybe that's why David Einhorn took physical possession of the gold his fund owns."

http://aaronandmoses.blogspot.com/2009/11/...-your-gold.html

It's one of those numbers that's so unbelievable you have to actually think about it for a while... Within the next 12 months, the U.S. Treasury will have to refinance $2 trillion in short-term debt. And that's not counting any additional deficit spending, which is estimated to be around $1.5 trillion. Put the two numbers together. Then ask yourself, how in the world can the Treasury borrow $3.5 trillion in only one year? That's an amount equal to nearly 30% of our entire GDP. And we're the world's biggest economy. Where will the money come from?

Porter Stansberry

Good question, where will the money come from? In 2010, will the Fed have to sacrifice the stock market and other beneficiaries of the great reflation trade and try to force that money into trasheries?

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

in re Gold and the Real Gold Miners and Miners Related Shares:

Stop looking Back. Gold will shoot the moon. Stop Looking Back. When gold is $300 or $600 Higher, do you still thimk GG etc will be Free?

here is a very sad story of a woman (remember the first poor odd Lot ter?) that looked back one time too many.

why?

be warned....Look Ahead.

Hold Fast!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...1#ixzz0YOhr26UA

Archived