Annudder Day Annuder Day

I watched part of the "Money Masters" from Google Video yesterday.  Very interesting.  But also factually inaccurate in many areas.  Still, if you have 3 - 5 hours to blow, very entertaining.

Some common myths:

1) Deflation is wonderful.

2) Our tax dollars are skimmed by an international conspiracy of bankers.

3) Paying interest on the national debt is immoral.

4) Commodity-based currencies suck. 

Some truths:

1) The Bank of England started the central banking model.

2) Bankers prefer deflation.

3) The power elite has always conspired to build a national central bank.

Just my 2c.

591132[/snapback]

I also used to think that bankers and the very wealthy would prefer deflation over inflation. However, that is not so. They can simply make so much more and at a rate that is growing faster than the underlying rate of inflation. While the rate of inflation is increasing at a nominal rate, bankers' wealth accumulation is growing in real terms. Eventually this relationship would have to change when the pace of debt destruction exceeds the pace of debt creation. However, this is not yet so because bankers can now offload debt in the same manner that Enron did. When foreigners and foreign entities stop buying US debt, we will get deflation.

All studies about income disparity show that it is has been increasing since inflation peaked around 1980.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the rate things are going, within 10 years, we will have:

-fifty million people out of work with a 1.5% unemployment rate.

-$200 oil, $1000/month health insurance, $10/gallon milk, and "core inflation well contained"

-$2,000 gold (one could hope) and DOW 36,000, paving the way for Jim Glassman's new CrapvisionBSPIKE-TV half hour show

-a housing market where 95% of the homes for sale have been on the market for 365 days, yet the average home cost of $2,000,000

At some point, SOMETHING has to give. In the meantime, here's an article from an intectually honest permabear, who admits he's been wrong, isn't turning against his fellow bears, and yet thinks the bull market can continue for a little why and- here's the clincher- actually explains WHY this might be the case. (As opposed to Stephen Roach, and others, who basically just said, "Screw it. It's just easier being a bull, so I'm gonna change teams.")

http://bullnotbull.com/archive/morphology-1.html

"The World's Only Superpower" going to China with its hat in hand, trying to keep the inevitable from happening. What a world indeed:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...HsDw&refer=asia

My advice to everybody.  Look for the fundamentally most lame stocks that have the parabolic move.  Ideal if there's high insider/institutional selling.

100%+ returns guaranteed. 

Just be right next to the fire exit.

591150[/snapback]

That sounds like the homes today, <_<

w?s=XHB

HERE'S an intellectually DIShonest Permabear. It looks like it was published a few hours before one of the most violent one-day rallies we've seen in 4 years:

http://www.minyanville.com/articles/financ...D/index/a/13319

"The financial panic of ?07 may have started today. I don?t make that statement promiscuously. However, the dollar fell out of bed again, making a twenty-six year low against the pound. And, what must have been truly terrifying for the dyed-in-the-bovine-dip permabulls: a rocketing bond rally failed to support stock. The rally in bonds and the break in equities had the feeling of a flight to safety as a whiff of panic permeated Tape Town...

...Has the market?s apparent resilience to all the slings and arrows of late been a sign of strength? Or conversely, is the message that when the dynamics of the law of physics are tampered with the result is often Repulsion of the Mean. "

See, THIS kinda commentary has GOT to stop already. Every single down day is treated as a sign that something has changed. I've done this once or twice myself, but not for a while and CERTAINLY not this Tuesday! And note the extra, meaningless comment about how gee, since the bond market rallied, the stock market should have rallied as well, which is ESPECIALLY a bad sign! Come on. You KNOW that if the bond market had faltered, too, this guy'd be saying, "Wow- a stock down day AND interest rates are going up. Can things look any worse for the bulls?"

Fellow remaining Permabears- all two of you- take notice. Keep your head(s) high, but quit crowing and getting excited after one freaking down day already! 3 or 4 years ago, you may have gotten away with it, but now, you just look silly. It will probably take MONTHS before we will truly know when a new bear phase has emerged. Until then, I hope you've AT LEAST been putting 1/3 of your cash in precious metals, so you won't have gone COMPLETELY broke....

Four outlandish, insane, hugely speculative, over the top risky plays for next week:

Buy the Airlines.

Short Energy.

Buy the Builders.

And the cherry on top: Buy 1000 shares of CFC; otherwise know as Country Fried Chicken cooked by Leather Face himself.

I can't think of anything more risqu? than this?

But then again, I have been told I have no imagination.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hey if it does not work, then I will start my own hedge fund:

clumseycrooks.com

post-3648-1184369365_thumb.jpg

My advice to everybody.? Look for the fundamentally most lame stocks that have the parabolic move.? Ideal if there's high insider/institutional selling.

100%+ returns guaranteed.?

Just be right next to the fire exit.

591150[/snapback]

That sounds like the homes today, <_<

w?s=XHB

591165[/snapback]

Well, technically schpeaking, the homebubbler etf (XHB) made a sorta double-bottom this week (close to Jul06 low) with decent pos div on the daily chart. So it was due for at least a bounce. Whether it goes up another 3% or 15%, I don't know. But it was an appropriate time for a short squeeze. These rumors often come along at the appropriate technical moment.

Incredible, everywhere I go there are gigantic new projects going up.

Noticed the huge amount of new development near the gym I work out at during the workday, located at the 105 freeway and Crenshaw Blvd.

Last year, a huge new retail complex went up. That's where my gym is located.

Guess which stores are the anchors?

As if they don't already have an oversupply of these.....

A brand spanking new Lowe's

post-184-1184374776_thumb.jpg

In 2005, the only thing that stood at this location was a bunch of undeveloped land, some railroad tracks, and this nice warehouse leased to Expeditors.

Next door, there was a huge aerospace/defense facility. It has been vacant for some time now.

Here's the satellite photo of the site.

post-184-1184375073_thumb.jpg

Archived