IDS World Markets Thurs 20th September 07

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goldman Profit Rises 79 Percent as Gain Boosts Trading Revenue

By Christine Harper

Sept. 20 (Bloomberg) -- Goldman Sachs Group Inc., the world's largest securities firm, emerged from the worst credit markets in at least nine years to report Wall Street's only profit gain, after the sale of a power company boosted trading revenue.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...04XU&refer=home

*DJ Goldman Sachs 3Q EPS $6.13 Vs EPS $3.26 >GS

*DJ Goldman: 'Significant Losses' On Loans Offset By Mtge Shorts

*DJ Goldman: Net Revenues In Mortgages 'Significantly Higher'

I guess when you are the one that has sold all that worthless crap to the hedge funds, it is no wonder in a 2 way trade when he funds sell their crap for 2 cent s on the dollar back to GS, GS literally prints their own money....what a wingohockingmoyamensingin joke.....

Just a reminder. When reposting 3rd party material, post only a snippet and a link. Any posts not following that guideline will, unfortunately, be edited or deleted depending on whether the editor can quickly find a link. Please respect copyrights!

*DJ Goldman Sachs 3Q EPS $6.13 Vs EPS $3.26 >GS

*DJ Goldman: 'Significant Losses' On Loans Offset By Mtge Shorts

*DJ Goldman: Net Revenues In Mortgages 'Significantly Higher'

I guess when you are the one that has sold all that worthless crap to the hedge funds, it is no wonder in a 2 way trade when he funds sell their crap for 2 cent s on the dollar back to GS, GS literally prints their own money....what a wingohockingmoyamensingin joke.....

609157[/snapback]

If Global Alpha and Global Equity Opportunities had any kind of sub-prime or non-sub-prime mortgage losses (which I'm willing to bet they did), it would be a colossal joke.

Eating their own babies. :ph34r:

So i wake up and what is new?

GS rocks earnings while every brokers eat crow.

Gold is flying to new highs.

Market recovers from overnight weakness

Going to be another fun day ahead of us.

609162[/snapback]

Yeah.

Definitely not a good week to stop sniffing glue.

post-1762-1190293526.jpg

As I watch the dollar collapse I get that old Wiemar feeling, but bond yields rocketing higher again. So if we get Weimar, and bond yields go up with with it, stocks will not participate. It will be hard assets only.

Fears of dollar collapse as Saudis take fright

Saudi Arabia has refused to cut interest rates in lockstep with the US Federal Reserve for the first time, signalling that the oil-rich Gulf kingdom is preparing to break the dollar currency peg in a move that risks setting off a stampede out of the dollar across the Middle East.

The Saudi central bank said today that it would take "appropriate measures" to halt huge capital inflows into the country, but anal cysts say this policy is unsustainable and will inevitably lead to the collapse of the dollar peg.

There is now a growing danger that global investors will start to shun the US bond markets. The latest US government data on foreign holdings released this week show a collapse in purchases of US bonds from $97bn to just $19bn in July, with outright net sales of US Treasuries.

The danger is that this could now accelerate as the yield gap between the United States and the rest of the world narrows rapidly, leaving America starved of foreign capital flows needed to cover its current account deficit - expected to reach $850bn this year, or 6.5pc of GDP.

Jim Rogers, the commodity king and former partner of George Soros, said the Federal Reserve was playing with fire by cutting rates so aggressively at a time when the dollar was already under pressure.

609148[/snapback]

So, are interest rates headed higher?

post-4028-1190294233_thumb.jpg

Archived