World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Wondrous wand-waving

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU%3AXAO&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

An impressive surge in the Aussie market leaving All Ords +1.2% for the day.  Miners +3.2% led the pack followed by Gold +3.1%, Materials +2.5% and Energy +2.4%.   REITS -0.2% was the only down sector.

Over in Asia, China closed for the first day of the week-long Spring Festival, Hong Kong +2%, Japan +1.5%, India currently +0.3%.

On to UK/Europe:

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

I see celebrities are calling on Trump to do something.

There is nothing Trump can do, it is up to the family, friends and community of disturbed people to help. This is one of the more extreme cases but the more usual result is someone taking their own life, and after that everyone is saying why did they not ask for help. If they are disturbed they often have paranoia which stops them asking, but people who know them can see something is wrong, if they can't help they need to find someone who can help, usually all it takes is a little time but nowadays nobody has that time to help.

I hope the people that expelled him from school really do some soul searching about whether his anti-social behavior was a cry for help or an excuse for them to exercise their power and control in the matter. 

I see celebrities are calling on Trump to do something.

There is nothing Trump can do, it is up to the family, friends and community of disturbed people to help. This is one of the more extreme cases but the more usual result is someone taking their own life, and after that everyone is saying why did they not ask for help. If they are disturbed they often have paranoia which stops them asking, but people who know them can see something is wrong, if they can't help they need to find someone who can help, usually all it takes is a little time but nowadays nobody has that time to help.

I hope the people that expelled him from school really do some soul searching about whether his anti-social behavior was a cry for help or an excuse for them to exercise their power and control in the matter. 

As a school administrator, what would you have done?  And how exactly do most suicidal kids take their own lives. By using a gun that their parents have in the home.   

There are mentally disturbed people all over the world. Only in the US can they easily get their hands on assault weapons. The problem is that the gun nuts are in control of the political process in this country.  At least we should ban assault weapons. But it will never happen, because the murder loving gun nuts in this country want to make sure that every other murder loving gun nut can get an assault weapon whenever they want. 

I've had two members of my family killed by people with guns. One was a teacher who had expelled a student. Student came back to school with a handgun and killed him. 13 year old kid gets a gun from home. At least the fucking kid didn't have an assault weapon. It happened in 1971, when  those things were banned. But he killed my uncle right there in the school yard.  

My teenage cousin also killed himself with a gun in November 2015. 

Half the American people are gun nuts. If you are a gun nut, you are the problem. It is a problem that will never be solved in this country because you support the NRA, and the NRA buys elections, and politicians refuse to vote to even ban assault weapons.   

I lost 90% of the posters on this board the last time this subject came up and I made my feelings known. But you know what. I don't care. I don't need this.  If you don't like it, get lost. Leave now.  Keep teaching your kids to use guns, and one day, one of them will use it on other human beings, maybe even on you and your family. That happens a lot. How many spouses kill each other with a household firearm? 

And yes, mentally disturbed kids do commit mass murder. They do it because as a gun nut, you were a shitty parent, not because your kid had mental problems, but because YOU FIRST PUT A GUN  in his hands at a young age. Then the sicko takes it from there. But you taught him. Maybe we should start giving the parents of mass murderers the death penalty. Then let's see how many kids manage to get guns to shoot up a school.  

The problem is not the school administrators, but the millions of people like you who put guns in the hands of their children.  If you have guns in your home, if you show your kids how to use them, and god forbid If you buy your kid a gun, then you are the problem.  Stop shifting the blame. You are the problem.  It's not ok. You're not ok. 

Archived