Night Stool Thurs Nite/fri Morn

richmtn

Rich, speaking for myself only, I trade intermediate-term (weeks to months) only - even if I often do short-term market analysis to hone my techniques. I, for one, do appreciate your efforts. A few unsorted remarks:

1) I had the same experience as you. I posted a whole set of articles dedicated to intermediate-term trading in my forum - and didn't get any feedback. That's OK, though. The charts in my articles are "live" and I use them myself - so, even if nobody else has any use of them, at least I do, so I do not consider the effort to be wasted.

2) Which leads us to the second remark. The charts in my articles are "live" and the comments in them are "timeless". Meaning, at any time you can view one of these articles and the charts in it will reflect the current market status and the comments will explain you how to read them. Perhaps it would be better if you create something like that, as opposed to using "still" charts?

3) In the same aspect, I doubt that the night thread is the right place for such discussions. It is already huge, overflowing with news, charts, links, jokes. Why not start a dedicated thread?

4) I am not familiar with cycle analysis yet myself - so, I cannot comment on the quality of yours. I expect to get Hurst's book soon - but even then I'll need time to read it, understand it, and start applying it.

Regards,

Vesselin

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AssMaster

Yes, I noticed all the work both of you have put in.

richmtn and Vesselin: I do appreciate the effort, and I have been busily looking over charts and trying to come up with something to add - without sounding too stupid. :grin:

Unfortunately, I am currently trying to overcome the simplest of afflictions (buy high/sell low) and am working on which TA signals I plan to use for individual stocks and indeces. Right now I'm looking at gold and trying to get a feel for AMAT - how it trades and things like that.

I can't speak for other people, but I look at everything and comment on little until I (think that I might) know what I'm talking about.

Vesselin I agree with all of your points. I also noticed how the work that you posted is under utilized. And that's with Doc and myself advertising for you. I'd say I don't get it but unfortunately I do.

If I were looking to get a very large response and a great number of hits I believe I know how to do that.

Many moons ago I started participating in Night Stool along with Yosh, alceringa, ThorAss and several others. MY objective was to find a haven from many of the typical posts made on LOB.

I enjoyed Night Stool and thought the types of things we were doing would be of great benefit to other stoolies. Obviously there are those that do enjoy Night Stool. I've gotten many attaboys. But I am disappointed in the overall response and the lack, with a few notable exceptions, of active participation.

I will proceed in my own way doing what I can in the way I see fit. I certainly never expected to become rich and famous doing this. At $1 a hit Night Stool would be well below my pay grade. :grin:

Thanks for the thoughtful response. You too AM.

Archived