B4 The Bell Weak-end Den

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doc,

Ok, stickler for facts, Eh? You say Moveon.org is not the democratic party. But, it is funded by the democrats and most notibly the Heinz Foundation, Thats right, as in Theresa Heinz Kerry, the democrats candidate for president. Thats not quite independent when its funded by the wife of the candidate.

see below

WASHINGTON (Talon News) -- A foundation managed by the wife of Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) has been providing financial support to a group that promotes "radical" social and environmental causes. Since 1995, the Heinz Endowments donated over $4 million to the Tides Foundation and Center. The Tides Foundation and Center sits atop a murky labyrinth of non-profits that creates and sustains organizations advocating a wide range of liberal causes.

The Capital Research Center (CRC), a Washington, DC based watchdog group that monitors foundations notes that the Tides Foundation and Center created the Iraq Peace Fund in 2002 to award grants, nearly $500,000 to 27 groups so far, "to promote anti-war marches and their coverage by the news media." Grant recipients include MoveOn.org, Democracy Now, and Taxpayers for Common Sense.

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2004/march/0310_heinz_tides.shtml

Oh what a tangled web we weave!

sorry gang, but you are dreaming if you think there is one iota of difference between Kerry and shrub. If you want change vote libertarian, otherwise more of the same. As an example, no difference between nixon and klinscum, in fact they were very similiar.

Signs your neighbour might be a Conservative neo-con.....Has "Security by Smith and Wesson" Bumper sticker...Owns 3 Pit Bulls named "George, Rummy and Newt"...Also "has a pet Ferret named Dick"..."Thinks Ann Coulter is the new Ayn Rand"..."Has a Richard Nixon Screen Saver"..."Took 3 days Bereavement leave after Reagan died"..."Drives a Ford Expedition but Bitches the price of Gas is too high and it's all those Damn A-rabs fault" :lol:

If the democrats have a problem with the use of Hitler in an ad, the democrats should not have made and used the actual ad themselves.

Now, as you all know, I am a stickler for facts. So lets get the facts straight. Moveon.org is not the Democratic Party. It is not the Kerry campaign. It is an independent left wing website. They sponsored a contest. Users were invited to submit ads. The Hitler reference was in a user submitted ad, which Moveon.org removed from its site a short time after posting.

This is not the same thing as George Bush comparing John Kerry to Hitler. There is a big big difference. The Republican Partyand the Bush campaign will stoop to virtually any depth, even under their official imprimatur. Their willingness to wallow in the mud knows no bounds.

These are not good natured pranksters. They are dangerous people. We should all be afraid.

Doc I think you're right. If the Shrub gets another four years it's curtains for us all.

WASHINGTON (Talon News) -- A foundation managed by the wife of Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) has been providing financial support to a group that promotes "radical" social and environmental causes. Since 1995, the Heinz Endowments donated over $4 million to the Tides Foundation and Center. The Tides Foundation and Center sits atop a murky labyrinth of non-profits that creates and sustains organizations advocating a wide range of liberal causes.

Pray,what is wrong with that?

Strikes me as more innocent than the pharmaceutical industry giving Shrub a ton of money and before you know it he wants everyone in the US tested for mental diseases--so that offending sick people can be prescribed the pharma companies drugs-the expensive ones.

In todays "National Post"..there is a long article by Baghdad Bureau Chief Mathew Fisher and Sheldon Alberts on what it is exactly-Shrub is handing off to the Iraqui's..The Headline kinda says it all.... "Iraq to get Handover of Chaos"...Iraq will be reborn on Wednesday in an atmosphere of violence, chaos and complete uncertainty. More than 60 weeks after U.S. Military forces liberated the Capital, Baghdad, the security situation is so dire that no major highways in the Country are considered secure. Insurgents confront Coalition forces and Iraq's nascent Army and Police in every part of Iraq. Viscious, historic enmities between Arabs and Kurds and sunnis and Shia are resurfacing. Large parts of Baghdad remain virtual no-go zones." Fisher who has been there from Day one says this the Worst it has been....."As her girlfriends held up a sign in Arabic that read "please bring Saadam back" Ms. Faoud added "Of course Saadam was not a good man. Our economy was bad and he oppressed us. But we had security and stability"...Later in the article a comment by Neo-con Wolfowitz to Congress this week "I guess I'm saying a little patience wouldn't be bad. It will not be our model of a perfect democracy ..lets be clear about that but it will be a developing, emerging democracy. Mr. Wolfowitz said he hopes 5 years from now Iraq will have put down the terrorist insurgency. It doesn't mean that Terrorism will be gone...but it will be a functioning country".....What a freaking mess for the troops, for the Iraqui's and for the American people. Those comments by Wolfowitz are the comments of a Zealot who is also an Idiot. ;)

So Brian maybe in 5 years they'll be back to where they were before the US invaded? Of course without electricity and water. Hell of a mess. Vote this schmuck and his cohorts out.

sorry gang, but you are dreaming if you think there is one iota of difference between Kerry and shrub. If you want change vote libertarian, otherwise more of the same. As an example, no difference between nixon and klinscum, in fact they were very similiar.

Soup I'm afraid that a vote for anyone else besides Kerry buys 4 more years of this gang.

Doc,

Ok, stickler for facts, Eh? You say Moveon.org is not the democratic party. But, it is funded by the democrats and most notibly the Heinz Foundation, Thats right, as in Theresa Heinz Kerry, the democrats candidate for president. Thats not quite independent when its funded by the wife of the candidate.

see below

The Capital Research Center (CRC), a Washington, DC based watchdog group that monitors foundations notes that the Tides Foundation and Center created the Iraq Peace Fund in 2002 to award grants, nearly $500,000 to 27 groups so far, "to promote anti-war marches and their coverage by the news media." Grant recipients include MoveOn.org, Democracy Now, and Taxpayers for Common Sense.

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2004/march/0310_heinz_tides.shtml

Oh what a tangled web we weave!

The source of that story is the Republican party. There is a difference between facts and Republican Party propaganda. My assumption would be that anything that comes from the GOP website is pure propaganda. Facts are facts. The Republican Party is a propaganda machine. Their only use of facts is to twist them.

As to the alleged facts, that Theresa Heinz may or may not have given a few bucks to this organization does not make it an official organ of the Democratic Party. It does not change the fact that Moveon removed the offensive comparison to Hitler from its website. It does not change the fact that George Bush's own website DID, in FACT, compare Kerry to Hitler.

God bless Theresa Heinz. She is a great woman. I am glad that she supports liberal causes.

I hope John Kerry wins. George Bush is bad for America and bad for the world.

That's a fact almost all of us can agree on.

You want politics here, you got it. But I will publicly disagree with opinions posted here which run contrary to my own. When right wing views are espoused, I will answer.

Guest Icky Twerp

First of all you don't have to be Hypertiger, tho' being a Yobob or a Soup, WOULD probably be required to believe that it does not matter which gang wins in November, because we are screwed, blued, and tattooed, anyway.

Second, The DEMs have cooperated with and endorsed every pterymental idea fomented by the NeoCons -- so I don't see a change in regime actually changing the situation at all, even if it weren't inexorable and inevitable.

Archived