Jaunty jetstream

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MC lellan on QE

http://decisionpoint.../MCCLELLAN.html

POMO_20-days.gif

Jetlag, Thanks for pointing this out because it gives me the opportunity to point out that back then I was warning Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition subscribers that the Fed's actions WOULD CRASH THE MARKET. It's one thing to discover it 4 years later, but another to understand the implications when it is about to happen or in the process. Very few others, if any, got it. I did, to the benefit of the people I work for... You and your fellow subscribers! I always try to understand and track the forces that are most likely to move the market to that end.

Stay up to date with the machinations of the Fed, Treasury, Primary Dealers and foreign central banks in the US market, along with regular updates of the US housing market, in the Fed Report in the Professional Edition, Money Liquidity, and Real Estate Package. Try it risk free for 30 days. Don't miss another day. Get the research and analysis you need to understand these critical forces. Be prepared. Stay ahead of the herd. Click this link and begin your risk free trial NOW!

Doc - Under Old Stool Depository you have the following article, but the link does not work. Would it be possible for you to correct the link... I realize this is ancient stuff, but could still be a valuable antique piece!.

Dr. Stool Illustrates Cycles

Want to know just what the hell Dr. Stool is talking about. This should give you an idea

Doc - Under Old Stool Depository you have the following article, but the link does not work. Would it be possible for you to correct the link... I realize this is ancient stuff, but could still be a valuable antique piece!.

Hmmmm... Don't know why it disappeared. I'll see if I have one to upload.

I found it. Wow. Was that bad. And it has little to do with what I'm doing now. Hurst estimated back in the late 60s that cycles accounted for 22% of price motion. It may be even less than that today. I wouldn't begin to know how to quantify. I do know however, that many of the tools Hurst developed, and many that I use based on his theories as a framework, have served us well over the past dozen years. Most important is to always be cognizant of multiple time frames.

Where Hurst did nothing, other than to give indirect lip service to the fact that "fundamentals" drove larger trends, was in the area of liquidity. He also gave zero emphasis to manipulation and random and non-random noise. That essentially boils down to "Don't fight the Fed."

Archived