The Russian Revolution

"most Americans don't even know what Gulf of Tonkin events were"  :unsure:

Your assertion Mr Shorty assumes there were, in fact, events to be known!

I remember the news anchors breaking into evening TV shows with the breathless announcement of the "attack" on our ships.  Pretty good evidence that absolutely nothing happened that evening.

Of course, today no such facade of legitimacy appears necessary.  Johnson, at least, needed a vote to go to war.  :ph34r:

Eggzacly! Gulf of Tonkin was a manufactured "incident" used to justify an already planned escalation of our 'adventure' in Vietnam. I imagine Shorty was referring to such counterfeiting of history.

A fine lot of posts tonite! Regional banksters, let them eat subprimes, what does Golden Sacks care, they own the Treasury.

It is so over, our wonderful experiment in democracy, the very most important structural codification of the Enlightenment in history has been sold out. The criminal element always rises to the top eventually it seems, like the turds in a cesspool and homeland security freaks. As history has shown us, "Patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels." They steal the community wealth and they sour the milk of human kindness and sensible efforts of society to care for all members, and all attempts at the elusive "fairness, and justice for all." Quite sad really.

But as for trading, Shorty is right, don't expect fairness, just follow the money and bet the false premise, and short it into the grave when it breaks down.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why, I'm shocked!? shocked I tell ya! :P

$1.2 Billion Fraud Scheme in Southern California

The operators of the Jovane Investment firm of Murrieta, and related businesses, including Stonewood Consulting, Inc., Pacific Wealth Management LLC (Nevada), Oetting Enterprises, and Sunburst Financial Systems, Inc., engaged in a real estate scheme involving perhaps as many as 5,000 home loans in the Southern California region.

watch now......here comes another 5,000 foreclosures dumped on the market :ph34r:

Until it isin't, it will be written off as the cost of doing business. No big deal. What are 5,000 foreclosures ( it won't be that much) anyway. There are over 300,000,000 people in this country, over 100,000,000 homes. The number nation wide could be 1 million foreclosures and it won't bother this crowd. They will print until the cows come home. With all this liquidity and the greed, there is no place but up. I am going long europe and Asia in my 401k tomorrow. I have been out of the market save maybe 30 days, since 2000. I give up.

why, I'm shocked!  shocked I tell ya! :P

The operators of the Jovane Investment firm of Murrieta, and related businesses, including Stonewood Consulting, Inc., Pacific Wealth Management LLC (Nevada), Oetting Enterprises, and Sunburst Financial Systems, Inc., engaged in a real estate scheme involving perhaps as many as 5,000 home loans in the Southern California region.

watch now......here comes another 5,000 foreclosures dumped on the market :ph34r:

Does anyone on board have access to any site reporting the statistical rates of Arson committed in various parts of the country. Arson is one of the most common ways for extricating one's way out of a finacial real estate Dunkirk...

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Your honor my client isnt guilty--he simply had a pathological commitment to lighting his cheap fake Cuban Cigars with a Blowtorch...

Winter arrived today in NH. Sort of. It got down to the mid-20s. And we had freezing rain. Which is something that I avoid driving in.

Usually we've already had mid-single-digits by now. So this is really nothing.

I sprinkled ice-melt for the first time since last winter. And have been wearing jackets instead of coats. I could get used to this for winter. It's cold enough to get rid of the bugs but no scraping ice and snow off windshields, slipping and sliding, cleaning the salt off the car and wearing heavier clothes all the time.

I haven't even put on boots this season.

BTW, LeeWhee, could you put up a few prison charts? Just curious how they've done as you posted a bunch on these in December.

I looked at CXW, GEO, CRN. Most of them are pretty much right where they were when I wrote my piece on Dec 8. GEO is up a bit.

Deflating SuperBubble at key juncture...can it fill that gap at 650? Or is it the breakaway gap to doom?

Below last week's low would most likely open door #2....

Thanks, I am watching it and LEN KBH BZH and NEW, no shares to short on NFI. I called Schwab on NFI and was told I had to short 100k min plus something like a 10% fee.Anybody else had that happen? :huh:

I am short PHM, TOL and HOV and have never had a problem getting shares. As a matter of fact HOV is on a list that lets you short the stock without a down tick.

I thought they called that naked shorting and was illegal. I wonder what happens to the party who bought the share which are not there? <_< : :unsure:

Naked shorting is shorting without having borrowed the stock.

Not related to being able to short on a downtick, which is what NH meant. No uptick needed to short an ETF either, at least on qqqq and spy, don't know about industry etfs.

Dok As in any piano, controversial concepts such as "Naked shorting", usually have a wide number of nuanced spectra from which to choose...

My understanding of the area about which many complaints by small businesses have been made is that of naked shsorting of shares beyond the number "legally available for trading..

I remember reading reports about companies being forced into ruination without really being that deeply in trouble simply because the lack of supervision created a vacuum permitting many sharks to have their way...No matter how hard the small caps worked towards survival there seemed to be an unending supply of shares pouring out,many of which were seen as exceeding the limits of shorting---

And as far as I know nothing,except letters acknowledging the receipt of the complaints, was ever done about it---

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r:

:ph34r:

why, I'm shocked!? shocked I tell ya! :P

Until it isin't, it will be written off as the cost of doing business. No big deal. What are 5,000 foreclosures ( it won't be that much) anyway. There are over 300,000,000 people in this country, over 100,000,000 homes. The number nation wide could be 1 million foreclosures and it won't bother this crowd. They will print until the cows come home. With all this liquidity and the greed, there is no place but up. I am going long europe and Asia in my 401k tomorrow. I have been out of the market save maybe 30 days, since 2000. I give up.

Incidents like this are going to become moore and more common, and will, for a while, continue to be greeted with massive complacency:after all,many think,Uncle sam has an Aggregate of 21 chunks of .25% Interest Rates that he can squirt out like toothpaste, a bit at a time, thus preventing a,e..g. Real Estate hard landing.

The assumption is that the continuous squeezing will educate instutions like yield seeking hedgetarians to remain calm despite their MBA gluttony. After all Uncle S isn't going to permit the RE market to go down in flames--

Or wont they?

Sounds OK to me--except as a Mavin has pointed out, trying to save the RE shtunkerei does not necessarily mean they will overcome the ferocity of the downterm in time;rather they will be cautious,cautious to a fault about reducing rates for fear of jeapordising the Bonds---Remember the Feds dont sell REstate but they are very concerned about their ability to sell Bonds....

And because Bonds trump RE they will make that dreadful mistake of assuming that they can accomplish both by an under the radar attack on rates....

But again the problem they face is that in order to hypnotise the REs they must roar and bellow aloud their two bit rate reduction incrementalism--but if they succeed in enuncciating the lower rates as if they were going down significantly then the entire Bond Market is thrown into a cocked hat.

On whose side do you think they'll jump?

beardrech :ph34r: They are essentialy trapped...

Archived