Dippers destroyed

At least your not bored like Mr. Hanky :lol: :lol:

What the government giveth - it is proceeding to chew your .... off - by eliminating tax breaks to individuals.

If you prefer not to itemize this year you won't get a kind little amount of up to $1000 added to your standard deduction for property taxes paid.

If you prefer to itemize, then medical mileage went down from 24 cents per mile to ... 16.5 cents per mile.

and when your down...

The first $2,400 of unemployment benefits will no longer be tax-free.

etc, etc. etc.

Some of the 2010 tax law changes

http://moneymgmtsolutions.com/blog/busines...anges-for-2010/

I am not too bored today,I happen to be going through some of my tax documents as I type. <_< <_<

Just stressed.....

Anyone want to donate to my pay uncle sam fund for this year? :ninja:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, isn't it great that the news media keep us so well-informed about the really important stuff? :lol:

Yep, it's nice to have some light entertainment now and then but our media considers such stories as "news".

Out of curiosity I checked to see if Jessica Simpson has a twitter account. Sure enough, below are her last three tweets.

Let's see - her grandmother is in the hospital and she thinks some doctor is hitting on her after she misspells orgasm! Oh, and she has over 2 million people following her. I am not one of them - scary!

Jessica Simpson's Last 3 Tweets:

> I meant "orgasm" not orgasim...one of the cute doctors here at the hospital informed me of my misspelled tweet. Hmm...was he hitting > on me?

> about 15 hours ago from UberTwitter

> "You can fake an orgasim but you can't fake laughter" Bob Dylan

> about 21 hours ago from UberTwitter

> don't like having to leave and go back to a hotel room, but I'll b back there tomorrow lovin' on her. Nana is a fighter! Pls keep praying:)

> about 23 hours ago from UberTwitter

Yep, it's nice to have some light entertainment now and then but our media considers such stories as "news".

Out of curiosity I checked to see if Jessica Simpson has a twitter account. Sure enough, below are her last three tweets.

Let's see - her grandmother is in the hospital and she thinks some doctor is hitting on her after she misspells orgasm! Oh, and she has over 2 million people following her. I am not one of them - scary!

And then there's the stuff like Ron Paul's State of the Republic address.

Serious shit, spelled out in a way any moran can understand. See that on any MSM?

I have lost all hope for this country. Better get to know your neighbors, cause you will all need each other's help now and more in the future.

:angry2:

http://www.safehaven.com/article-15651.htm

I had been telling subscribers that the price action in December and January was an ending move of the current intermediate-term cycle and not a beginning move with a new cycle. Cyclically and statistically, there was a clustering of cycles due to peak and that is what has happened. Yet, the short-term price action that was appearing late in the cycle did its job perfectly by sucking every last participant it could into the market before it cracked and in the first three down days of this decline some ten weeks of advance vanished. In doing so, those late arrivals to the party were once again left holding the bag. This in and of itself is a cycle that I see over and over again.

Back in February 2009 I warned that there was a clustering of cycle lows coming due, yes, this is in print, and I said then that the longer this rally lasted, the more dangerous it would become. Reason being, people have short memories, they are greedy and the longer the rally lasts the more convincing it becomes. Well, I can tell you now that the Bear has a few more luring tricks up his sleeve. My cycles work tells me that there will be a rebound rally on both a short and an intermediate degree ahead. The short-term rebound will serve to convince a few more that the decline is over and again they will reenter and just when all the sheep are pulled back in, the Bear will make another sneak attack. This will in turn give us a bit more of a wash out and then once the market begins to move back up with the intermediate degree bounce, Kudlow, Cramer and the gang will be screaming that we have now seen a healthy and needed correction and that we are once again back on the road to prosperity. But, the cycles work suggests otherwise and again, that intermediate-term rebound will serve to suck every last drop of cash it can back into the market. Then, depending on how the next rally of intermediate degree sets up that will likely set the stage for the Bear to return with full vengeance.

this dude prolly has a dr. stool subscription. ;)

Psyche, I hope that you and/or other folks who know the place can find a way to turn the situation around. These "No good deed goes unpunished" patterns-- like the one where a church takes an offering to help kids to have a real lunch to eat, and then they are told "You aren't allowed to help"-- are highly destructive to communities & societies. They are even worse when they take place in a school full of young vulnerable children. These kids could grow up believing that no one is willing to help them, even when they are hungry, when the opposite is in fact true. They could end up forming a view of the world as colder, harsher, & lonelier place than it actually is, & that view could negatively affect them & their associates for the rest of their lives.

What amazes just how gullible some people on this board still are. Do we STILL believe everything we read or hear from other people? Must we STILL repeat every hearsay rumor as if it were fact. And if it is even partly true, maybe there's a good reason. Perhaps it would be illegal for a public school to accept a donation from a church. We still have this thing called a Constitution which protects the separation of church and state. A perfectly reasonable, if somewhat more cumbersome solution to this alleged problem is to give the funds directly to the families.

So let's dispense with the "outrage" and save it for things that are probably real, which are bad enough.

Besides when I was a kid I would have loved getting peanut butter crackers for lunch every day. In fact, I eat peanut butter and toast for breakfast every single day now. I love peanut butter. Furthermore, it 's highly nutritional. It keeps me filled up until about 2:00PM

Oh. Boo hoo. Poor Doc. He only eats peanut butter every day. Boo hoo hoo. Boo hoo hoo.

I know and knew a lot of people who grew up in the Depression and didn't have enough to eat much of the time. 10 years later all they did was to defeat Hitler and the greatest evil war machine in the history of the world, and then built the greatest, most prosperous nation in the history of the world for the next 30 years.

Hardship is good for people. It builds character. It teaches values. So we're going through hard times. It's tough on many of us, but most of us, especially the kids, will come out tougher, stronger, better people for it. They will survive, and someday, somewhere, most of them will prosper in their lives.

Enough is enough, already.

I know you don't want to continue this discussion, and actually neither do I, but just to address one issue, it is perfectly legal for a church to donate money to a school or to provide stuff for the students. Happens here all the time. Nothing to do with separation of church and state. Churches are NON-PROFIT organizations that do not pay taxes. I think it's swell if one of these organizations that profits from not having to pay taxes, returns money to (essentially) the taxpayers by giving it to schools or their students.

And there's a difference between eating peanut butter because you like it, and having peanut butter because it's the only thing you get to eat.

By the way, peanut butter can have aflatoxins which come from fungus. Aflatoxins cause liver cancer. "Organic" peanut butter is far more dangerous than normal processed stuff, because the processed stuff is sprayed with a fungicide, which is less dangerous to ingest than the aflatoxins.

Switch to almond butter, it is much safer. Really. Although MOST peanut butter is safe, there is NO way of telling if you get a bad batch. Studies have shown that only one bad exposure is enough to cause liver cancer.

I have a friend who died from liver cancer at age 39, and the only factor they could think of that might have caused it was that she ate peanut butter almost every day. Never drank, or had hepatitis or anything like that that can also cause it.

Archived