B4 The Bell Tuezelday September 7

Guest Icky Twerp

Yes, the DEMs are totally spineless, worthless, gutless, and unprincipled, as evidenced by their trollying ol' Ben Barnes out to attack Bush. . .Barnes was fast-tracking towards Texas Governorship, and of course, then that minor demotion to POTUS, when he got derailed by his involvement in the Sharpstown Scandal.

It's even possible that what Barnes says now is true, but it is more likely a high varnished version tailored to current exigencies. I don't know which kind of "democrat" appalls me more, Zell miller or Barnes. Texas has a lot to answer for the rest of the US, based on the politicians it has sent to washington. But then, the rest of 'em INCLUDING RON PAUL, are a bunch of crooks and thieves.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Icky Twerp

Because I have no Faith in ANY Politician. . .

Because he's from Texas, where I have intimate knowledge of the casual mendacity endemic to Texas Politics (see Molly Ivins for details).

Because I know that when he espouses positions I agree with, it is because it is not my ox being gored.

Because I cannot understand, how, if he hold these opinions TRUTHFULLY, how has he gotten re-elected all these years? Because of the sagacity and perspicacity of coastal Texans -- you have got to be kidding me!

Because IF he truly held these beliefs, he has been one of the single most ineffective members of congress all these years, has he not?

I think he is only valuable to the PUBs as someone attacking Tax-and-Spend Liberal Democrats, he does not successfully function even as a Fiscal Conscience to the Right. How come Tom Delay isn't out to excuse him from further service because of intemperate, reasoned, attacks on the current fiscal profligacy? Because if such attacks have been made, they have been made to target audiences.

For the Bread-and-Circus that passes for Democracy now, there has to be someone out on the right making noises about the things we talk about here, but it is all pageantry and demogoguery.

As Vonnegut's character in Mother Night found out, "You must be careful what you pretend to be. . . " Ron Paul has been pretending he is a Libertarian Congressman for so long that he has become an incumbent politician pretending he is a Libertarian Congressman.

It's fun to watch him embarass Greenspan on CSPAN, but it is Sound and Fury, signifying nothing. Enjoy the show, but see him for what he is, one of the players on the team of Government. :blink:

Give Kerry a chance here. He is a late starter and will be in top shape for the debates. The debate that concerns me is the Vice Prez debate. I like and have met Edwards, but Dickless Cheney is a crafty old bastard. The contrast between them will be vivid. I just hope Edwards doesn't look like the greenhorn upstart. Shrub's bounce after the republican church service was very weak. The race is much closer.

Dusty,

ive rarely disagreed with any of your posts - but i saw a poll with kerrey at 43%. i have to tell you that a box on a ballot marked "anyone but bush" could command a MINIMUM 43% share. kerrey is a jerkwad - im serious, i have no idea what vision, if any, he has for our country and for the world. the democrats are a lost... if they cant beat bush, and they CANT, they're done, cooked, finito benito!

and what does edwards believe in? who knows, who cares, he'll be back chasing ambulances next year.

if i were bush, i wouldnt even debate kerrey, why take a chance?

Pee Brain: I agree that Kerry is not an attractive candidate. I was just trying to relate that the repub bounce was meager at best and I believe we will see the race tighten later this week. I agree that we are left with 2 bad choices here. Both parties have major problems. I'm not an advocate for either one. I guess if we are given the 2 choices we have, how in Hell can I vote for Bush? I just can't do it. Call it a personal thing, I don't know. Cheers.

With Kerry we have to polish a turd, with Bush we have to send him to rehab. LOL

Pee Brain:  I agree that Kerry is not an attractive candidate.  Cheers.

no kidding, how can i vote for either? we're doomed.

my point isnt personal, its just like how can one of the two main parties be soooo inept. in our great country, how did it come down to these 4 dudes - its almost surreal?

ill play campaign manager, TB can be my assistant - TB, hold my calls. kerrey needs to personalize the losses in Iraq - that aint happening. kerrey needs to hammer the deficiet. hammer the national debt, hammer wages losses, offshoring jobs hammer high oil prices, hammer inflation, jobs, unemployment, hammer deflation, hammer, hammer, hammer, Enron, AA scandle, 9/11, blame it all on bush - hammer lack of affordable housing, lack of clear and concise energy plan, at least that other nut Democrat had some FIRE!

edit: ill come to mayberry too, you hook up with Otis, im looking for Thelma :lol: Lou. :lol: :lol:

Congrats to the American World Cup hockey team - a hard fought win over a talented, but conflicted Russian team tonight in Minnesota.

I look forward to cheering for Canada in the final against you. :P

Assuming, of course, that you beat Finland and Canada beats Slovakia and the Czech Republic. Could the hockey gods be so kind as to grant us a rematch of the Olympic gold medal game?

USA Wins

post-20-1094610616_thumb.jpg

a short rant

I am absolutly amazed by the deafing silence of the American press concerning the dire implications for the US in regards to the recent Russian tragedy.

I am semi retired, I took a job a a school bus driver for the benifits and time off.

( + I get the whole middle of the day off to trade... but I digress )

This is the GOD's truth, 3 days before the Russian school was taken i propheticly commented to a teacher about the lack of security.... he looked at me like I was crazy. anyway.. my point is , in the old days the press would have been all over this issue. if two kids in Colorado can create complete havoc what could a team of terrorist do. We just found out and no one is talking about it.

NE

The Polls Come Back to Earth

t r u t h o u t | Staff Report

Tuesday 07 September 2004

It has been a wild week for numbers. Immediately after the Republican Convention, Time and Newsweek released poll numbers indicating a significant bounce for George W. Bush, and an 11 point lead over John Kerry. A few days go by, however, and the air appears to have been let out of the tires.

The new Rasmussen poll has the two Presidential candidates tied 47.3% to 47.3%. This leads to an inescapable conclusion: If all these numbers are correct - Time, Newsweek and Rasmussen - then Mr. Bush has suffered an historic cratering in his poll numbers within 100 hours of the close of his party's convention.

But perhaps the ballyhooed post-convention lead enjoyed by Bush never existed at all. Pollster John Zogby says, "I have Mr. Bush leading by 2 points in the simple head-to-head match up - 46% to 44%. Add in the other minor candidates and it becomes a 3 point advantage for the President - 46% to 43%...it simply is not an 11 point race. It just isn't."

It should be noted that Rasmussen provided the core data for both the TIME and Newsweek polls. Their independent interpretation of the very same data produced dramatically different conclusions than those reached by TIME and Newsweek.

The 'Bush bounce' after the convention has either disappeared completely, or never existed at all. Neither bodes well for the incumbent. Gallup, which has on many occasions appeared to be working as a PR arm of the Bush election campaign, paints an interesting political perspective: "Bush's two-point convention bounce is one of the smallest registered in Gallup polling history, along with Hubert Humphrey's two-point bounce following the 1968 Democratic convention, George McGovern's zero-point bounce following the 1972 Democratic convention, and Kerry's "negative bounce" of one point among registered voters earlier this year. Bush's bounce is the smallest an incumbent president has received."

Archived