Health Care Discussion Revived

MrHanky

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got rejected for health insurance by one company,have one more app in...Probably screwed though because of "pre existing conditions.

I might have to look for a job just to get some coverage.

This sucks

:glare:

You ain't getting any Hanky...My wife was turned down and blacklisted when we tried to get an HSA 5 years ago cause her sister died of breast cancer at 31.

They can jam the health care reform up their ass with a javelin. Biggest crock of sheet I have ever seen.

Just got rejected for health insurance by one company,have one more app in...Probably screwed though because of "pre existing conditions.

I might have to look for a job just to get some coverage.

This sucks

:glare:

INSURANCE is a fraud.... to bad Obama wants to baby everyone.... and Gov't will do nothing to abolish insurance companies. If there was no such things as inurance prices would be affordably

You ain't getting any Hanky...My wife was turned down and blacklisted when we tried to get an HSA 5 years ago cause her sister died of breast cancer at 31.

They can jam the health care reform up their ass with a javelin. Biggest crock of sheet I have ever seen.

I can get coverage if I go back to work for my union,but you need to work a minimum amount of hours every quarter to qualify.....This town is pretty dead,I doubt i can get enough work.

My other option is to move back to NJ because they can't turn you down there ( I will get raped on the premium though).I have NO DESIRE to move back there....ever.

I will wait to see what happens with the other app I have in,they only asked a few health questions so I have a better shot...

:ph34r:

INSURANCE is a fraud.... to bad Obama wants to baby everyone.... and Gov't will do nothing to abolish insurance companies. If there was no such things as inurance prices would be affordable

Word! Insurance companies just take some money out of your wallet on your way to your doctor. And then they jack up the premiums even higher, to make you pay for their "investment" speculation losses. It's just one more part of the banking scam. Blue Cross etc. are no different from AIG. Health insurance "reform" basically bailed out all these health insurance companies by giving them droves of new customers at taxpayer expense-- in spite of the fact that it would be far better for all Americans if we let them fail.

Word! Insurance companies just take some money out of your wallet on your way to your doctor. And then they jack up the premiums even higher, to make you pay for their "investment" speculation losses. It's just one more part of the banking scam. Blue Cross etc. are no different from AIG. Health insurance "reform" basically bailed out all these health insurance companies by giving them droves of new customers at taxpayer expense-- in spite of the fact that it would be far better for all Americans if we let them fail.

I am just glad I had coverage last year,my sinus surgery and crap afterwards would have cost me almost 6 figures without insurance. :glare:

23 years of headaches finally gone,I never would have gone through the surgery at my own expense.

I can get coverage if I go back to work for my union,but you need to work a minimum amount of hours every quarter to qualify.....This town is pretty dead,I doubt i can get enough work.

My other option is to move back to NJ because they can't turn you down there ( I will get raped on the premium though).I have NO DESIRE to move back there....ever.

I will wait to see what happens with the other app I have in,they only asked a few health questions so I have a better shot...

:ph34r:

States are required to establish pools now for people in your situation. No telling how bad the policies will be but the states can't dodge it.

Doc got the shape of the post words market right so he wins the prize. Health insurance of a sort. Heart attack insurance. Poutine trois viandes from La Banquise. Enjoy.

post-441-12851066684804.jpg

I am just glad I had coverage last year,my sinus surgery and crap afterwards would have cost me almost 6 figures without insurance. :glare:

23 years of headaches finally gone,I never would have gone through the surgery at my own expense.

Hanky, if anyone in this country thinks that Insurance is better under this new bill, I have a big Mother***ing finger to jam in their face.

We just had our premiums go from 800 a month to 900 and our deductibles rose 50 %. Oh...bye bye Blue Cross PPO Hello UNH HMO ratsheet coverage. We are paying 12 foulking thousand dollars a year for coverage of a family of 3. That's a change I can believe in....

I voted for Obama and I would like to say enthusiastically.......Foulke you and the horse you rode in on. He is utterly clueless. An empty suit with Wing Nuts and Bankers pulling his puppet strings from above the stage. Just like our prior eight year chimp in chielf....welcome to the club Prez idiot. Yes, he is a sellout.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" ("Hey, "O", dewe's somting weeewy scweeewy gowinn uwn awund hewwe.....)

No sheet you prick.

The health care bill may be a biggest scam since the "ownership society" or the "dot.com" bubble. We as a family are living the aftermath of the hell. I'm talking massive bills. "See..our mail"

In conclusion.....We...As a County.....are...Foulking Morons...We truly suck.

So..buy stocks. Be the ball...embrace bubbles...buy CANDIES....while America disintegrates...

Sure, that's the case now because we have insurance companies ripping everyone off. The hospital gets pushed into a contract with insurance companies to charge their subscribers a lower rate, and then charges the people wihout insurance exorbitant rates in order to make up the difference. If there were no insurance companies, then the cost of services for people with no insurance would be far lower. With the current situation, the people without insurance end up being ripped off by the insurance companies even more than the people who do have it are. Which is why you want to have insurance, given the current situation. But it is possible to change all that. And that's what REAL health care reform would have done.

As for insurance for those of us with pre-existing bullcrap, all states were required to have started their programs this summer, either offering their own or the Federal government sponsored program. Expensive as hell, but available. Price varies from state to state.

Here are the premiums for NV.

The monthly premiums for your state are: Age 00-34 35-44 45-54 55+

$335 $402 $513 $714

https://www.pcip.gov/StatePlans.html

As for insurance for those of us with pre-existing bullcrap, all states were required to have started their programs this summer, either offering their own or the Federal government sponsored program. Expensive as hell, but available. Price varies from state to state.

$335 $402 $513 $714

Great,,,its a clusterf**k...most people won't even look at that Doc....the Dems just wanted to say they passed "something"...a little better? maybe a little bit...

it is meaningless...When you "live" the bill..it ain't sheet.....

Wow. PA has really cheap rates for the PCIP health plan. I should move back there. Or at least get a phony address and drivers license.

Ooops, then I'd have to pay state income tax. Ahem. That $773 a month in FL suddenly doesn't look so bad. So what if I have to give up traveling to Canada to see my grandkids.

$335 $402 $513 $714

A bit pricey,but $402 is doable if I run out of options,but I know it will rocket up from there.

It's funny how through my union in 2000-2001 I was getting full coverage for $325 PER QUARTER.The same plan through them is now $3,549 PER QUARTER...That's for ONE PERSON.More than a ten-fold increase in 9 or 10 years.

For a family,they want $7,770 per quarter for that same plan.Most stagehands are lucky to clear 30-40k a year these days,they can't possibly pay it.They do offer cheaper plans now however.

Thanks for the link,I might end up needing it soon... :ph34r:

Wow. PA has really cheap rates for the PCIP health plan. I should move back there. Or at least get a phony address and drivers license.

Ooops, then I'd have to pay state income tax. Ahem. That $773 a month in FL suddenly doesn't look so bad. So what if I have to give up traveling to Canada to see my grandkids.

12 grand is roughly 1/3 of my wife's salary for "health insurance at UNH". We had Blue Cross but they jacked em up so high my wife's employer dumped em. That is what she is paying pre tax and she has a masters degree from the University of Michigan in Social Work. I know...i keep telling her she is worth more but thats it in Illinois. You are lucky to have a job.

Hanky, if anyone in this country thinks that Insurance is better under this new bill, I have a big Mother***ing finger to jam in their face.

We just had our premiums go from 800 a month to 900 and our deductibles rose 50 %. Oh...bye bye Blue Cross PPO Hello UNH HMO ratsheet coverage. We are paying 12 foulking thousand dollars a year for coverage of a family of 3. That's a change I can believe in....

I voted for Obama and I would like to say enthusiastically.......Foulke you and the horse you rode in on. He is utterly clueless. An empty suit with Wing Nuts and Bankers pulling his puppet strings from above the stage. Just like our prior eight year chimp in chielf....welcome to the club Prez idiot. Yes, he is a sellout.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" ("Hey, "O", dewe's somting weeewy scweeewy gowinn uwn awund hewwe.....)

No sheet you prick.

The health care bill may be a biggest scam since the "ownership society" or the "dot.com" bubble. We as a family are living the aftermath of the hell. I'm talking massive bills. "See..our mail"

In conclusion.....We...As a County.....are...Foulking Morons...We truly suck.

So..buy stocks. Be the ball...embrace bubbles...buy CANDIES....while America disintegrates...

Preach on brother Ags. It truly is shameful.

Archived