B4 the Bell, Weakender

Guest yobob1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you do when your goal is worldwide domination, yet the truth keeps leaking out and screwing up your plans??? Shut down the Internet?

"Beware of the End of the World (Wide Web)," Says Intel

, 09.10.04, 12:04 PM ET

Sep 10, 2004 (financialwire.net via COMTEX) -- (FinancialWire) Remember those "End of the World" signs? Well, Intel Corp. (NASDAQ: INTC) says it may be nearer than we think. Except the sign says "End of the World Wide Web."

It's a vision apparently shared by Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ) and AT&T Corp. (NYSE: T), all of whom are working feverishly, either together or apart to save the World Wide Web, which Intel and others see as becoming so overloaded it will eventually break.

At Intel's technical conference, CTO Patrick Gelsinger said the Internet will begin to collapse as millions of new computer users from developing nations begin to sign on.

"We're running up on some architectural limitations," Gelsinger was quoted as saying.

http://www.forbes.com/execpicks/feeds/gene...RD.Missing.html

I was 8 yrs old in 1949 on my way to Pomona , Calif.. to visit my Moms sister Marie in my daddy's new Pontiac Stratosphere when we hit Grants Pass, Oregon we heard an American P-51 had been shot down over the DMZ. My Daddy said here we go in another fooking War and son Don't ever join up..little did he know-Huh! Well i never got over the rank of Capt. but I came home in one piece..may they all come HOME in one PIECE!

More global tension == increased risk == gold slam == lower gold price?

Bressert on MarketViews this weekend saying Metals about to crash... (based on cycles)

Doc more positive :)

IMO neither the bulls or bears will be happy. Gold and US Doolar in trading range for forseeable future. One point Russell makes is that the Fed doesn't want to see gold drop below the current range as that will signal deflation.

From North Korea....

The country's foreign minister, Paek Nam Sun, said the blast was the deliberate demolition of a mountain as part of a hydro-electric project.

His remarks were in response to a call for information by the visiting UK Foreign Office minister, Bill Rammell.

North Korea had said absolutely nothing about the incident until now.

Archived