Karl Denninger on Kudlow tonight

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deuce Bigelow on Lost Money saying the housing starts are great. Things are getting better . . . talk about comic relief . . . then that Tyler Mathison keeps coming on with breaking news saying Roubini is still bearish . . . what kind of a world we live in? These msm shills are utter fools . . .

Off the wall and a funnymental but can anyone resolve the disconnect between cratering tax receipts on all levels and flat or slightly rising income?

Off the top of my head I think they reported a 1+% rise in income for whatever the last month report was. That seemed nonsensical but on the other hand I don't think it's the type of statistic that is so engineered like CPI.

Keep in mind that whenever they put a big bad bear on, it's usually a bullish sign.

Couldn't agree more with you. I remember a Canadian network (BNN?) having Roubini, Meredith Whitney and another ultra bear simultaneously on earlier this year. I believe that was very close to the market bottom.

Off the wall and a funnymental but can anyone resolve the disconnect between cratering tax receipts on all levels and flat or slightly rising income?

Off the top of my head I think they reported a 1+% rise in income for whatever the last month report was. That seemed nonsensical but on the other hand I don't think it's the type of statistic that is so engineered like CPI.

I'm guessing more people are attempting to cheat on their taxes or are being paid under the table. :)

California's unemployment rate leveled off at a post-World War II record high of 11.6% in June, but the state's economy still shed another 66,500 jobs during the month.

Unemployment in the state was far higher than the current 9.5% national rate and ranked sixth in the country after Michigan, Rhode Island, Oregon, South Carolina and Nevada. Sixteen states reported rates last month of 10% or more.

"The layoffs are spreading throughout the California economy," said Sung Won Sohn, an economics professor at Cal State Channel Islands. "I don't see this ending any time soon."

source

Still no budget in CA. It's just the legislative leaders and the governor working on it now, five people total. I guess the rest of them lost interest.

By the end of the year our UE rate should be at least 12% or more. I estimate we could end at least 14% after the government layoffs start to mount.

This week I've seen 6 police officers out with their radar guns. One team of three CHP guys working as a group, one Santa Clara County guy hiding in the bushes, and two others hanging out on the local roads in plain site. Tickets are being handed out for everything.

Now is not a good time for an outbreak of lead foot disease.

post-2460-1247872247.jpg

post-2460-1247872261.jpg

post-2460-1247872277_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing more people are attempting to cheat on their taxes or are being paid under the table. :)

yea, some are my relatives... <_< They report $30K/yr for tax purposes...they pull in another $75K under the table....and now they are trying to get a federal handout to finagel and refi their mortgage - they want a mortgage writedown! UFB.... :angry: But it's OK - they are good Christian folk...

yea, some are my relatives... <_< They report $30K/yr for tax purposes...they pull in another $75K under the table....and now they are trying to get a federal handout to finagel and refi their mortgage - they want a mortgage writedown! UFB.... :angry: But it's OK - they are good Christian folk...

Yeah, it frosts my butt.

Have a dear friend who inherited his father’s business. Once he realized that most of the customers paid cash for the work, he cut his declared income by 50%! That was 30 years ago. They got a free ride for oh these many years. I hate it.

:angry:

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

here is the Snippet: "The approaching Crisis will be sparked by known existing threats that have been ignored and discounted by our Baby Boom leaders. These known threats include titanic current deficits, colossal unfunded future liabilities, and unavoidable Peak Oil."

If you want to Thimk! take a good look at the charts and arguments presented in

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/q.../2009/0713.html

jickiss!!!!!!!

Archived