Baghdad Riverboating

Quick notes on the money supply (just released).

M-2 and M-3 money supply measures were up very slightly, both still down trending over the last three months or so.

Central bank purchases of the dollar were up over $28 billion the last two weeks, or at over a $700 billion annualized rate. The amazing thing is that the dollar couldn't even rally on this. Who wants to buy dollars when the largest corporations in the US matrix outside of banks (GSEs) don't even know what they are making?

With debt growth slowing down percentage wise, and kind of a leading indicator for money supply growth, look for a continued stagnation in traditional money supply measures.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h6/Current/

http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/H41/Current/

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on who you hear it from...The Unemployment in Iraq is running at 50%...Saddam set the price of Gasoline at 5 cents a gallon...Now because of the Oil disruptions and war damage Haliburton is importing retail priced oil and gas and dumping it into Iraq at a huge loss...

Saddam was a problem the Iraqis were surviving against the most brutal sanctions imposed in modern times the UN says that the food program which the Iraqis ran was the best in the world...Bremner issued an edict last month cancelling it and saying that it is a free market now, problem solved... All the people who ran the previous system so well were fired... the entire infrastructure was fired by a Bremner edict...100,000+ of civil servants were finished off and can not get jobs due to the fact that they needed to be members of the ba'th party to have jobs...at the beginning of the month they fired 20,000 teachers... the only real economy in Iraq is the black market...The printing press...and whatever the U.S. Government pumps in...

The current situation is beyond grim and it can only be sustained by massive pumping of free money just to keep it grim...

Click at own risk

Excellent Farmer. Tanks for asking. I'd ask you but, I ass u me you Sas catch a swans don't do the same Tanksgiving as we doo. Nonetheless, I hope you, Ms. Farmer and all the Farmers in the Dell (and I don't mean the computer) are well. I hope everybody is having a great Tanksgiving. I'm sneeking a quick look at the site while my nieces, who have been hogging the computer, are out with my brother, Digger. See yas.

I'll repeat this warning once, then I'll shut up.

As Ike indicated the other day, many of his indicators have bottomed, and are pointing to the possibility of another large leg to the upside.

Using the link below, here is my analysis of The Economy (AMAT).

http://139.142.147.218/StockChart_ImageOnl...PX&ref_rate=180

The Money Flow Index is now at rock bottom. The same as it was at the end of September before the last surge from $18 to $26.

The MACD is showing higher highs on each top. Still no sign of a "failed top" yet, and the MACD is two days away from a positive crossover.

Now, looking at the AAA-rated Money Market Fund (QQQ), fully backstopped by the Fed:

http://139.142.147.218/StockChart_ImageOnl...PX&ref_rate=180

I see a head and shoulders pattern which is no doubt being Riverboated Southbound by the HedgeHogs.

Money Flow Index is now in the same area as the March lows, and even lower than the August lows.

MACD crossover is imminent on any move higher.

I have been following the AskResearch Money Flow Index for 4 years. Without fail, when that indicator gets this low, it has been a dangerous area to short.

End of Warning......

I've said it before... If you want to riverboat pay attention to Mark...

Depending on who you hear it from...The Unemployment in Iraq is running at 50%...Saddam set the price of Gasoline at 5 cents a gallon...Now because of the Oil disruptions and war damage Haliburton is importing retail priced oil and gas and dumping it into Iraq at a huge loss...

Saddam was a problem the Iraqis were surviving against the most brutal sanctions imposed in modern times the UN says that the food program which the Iraqis ran was the best in the world...Bremner issued an edict last month cancelling it and saying that it is a free market now, problem solved... All the people who ran the previous system so well were fired... the entire infrastructure was fired by a Bremner edict...100,000+ of civil servants were finished off and can not get jobs due to the fact that they needed to be members of the ba'th party to have jobs...at the beginning of the month they fired 20,000 teachers... the only real economy in Iraq is the black market...The printing press...and whatever the U.S. Government pumps in...

The current situation is beyond grim and it can only be sustained by massive pumping of free money just to keep it grim...

Click at own risk

i hope bremmer runs for governor of CA. :lol:

I'll repeat this warning once, then I'll shut up.

As Ike indicated the other day, many of his indicators have bottomed, and are pointing to the possibility of another large leg to the upside.

Using the link below, here is my analysis of The Economy (AMAT).

End of Warning......

Why not? Funnymentals are improving for the semis. I do not see any weakness in the semi charts. I do see a very-short-term sell signal looming.

The market has been loosing breadth. Internut has been rolling over. Biodrech has been going down. On the larger scale, the market is just rolling over very slowly. Today, $1.20 euro got broken. I see $1.20 euro, $400 gold, dow 10K and nas 2K as blowoffs of dollar inflation. I expect to see these targets broken on both sides.

The short term target for KGC is $9.51 - $9.63.

The probability of hitting the targets goes up dramatically when you have more than one ABC pattern in place.

Maxxi, you have been pounding the table for good reason re: KGC.

I made my 2nd large purchase today.....on the close above 8.7

Monthly

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=KGC&indicator=34,,,;48,,,;64,9,,&dur=5y&freq=2&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

8.85 is next important (fib) resistance....then on to your target.

So what was the deal with CFC today? Check out the intraday and view it in relation to the 10-Year Treasury, and tell me what's up with that? Anyone believe CFC is going to make more money next year than it did this year? Can we really have lower mortgage rates?

The Lenders and the Builders refuse to crack.

The market is telling us that Al Green has something up his sleeve.

Maybe Roger Arnold is right and the 10-year will be pushed down to 2.5% yield in 2004, as the Fed will be buying any and all paper related to keeping the housing bubble afloat.

Or maybe CFC and LEN are getting ready to expand to China, Iraq, and India as "payback" for all the tariffs on hard goods.

If the Rest of the World slaps tariffs on our manufacturing stuff, then why not export the Credit Bubble to those same countries?

Archived