The Old Gunfighter

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good article Glad.. reminded me of the movie Westworld, us "normal" traders against the gunfighter bots...

Machinehead:

Your comment from IDSWM: "Is that what they call the tourists from those countries in Oz?"

Actually no, its a childish habit from my days in mineral exploration when I worked as a JAFFA (Just Another F***g Field Assistant). The geologists walked in front swinging their little picks and us JAFFAS trudged behind carrying all the rock samples on our naked, sweating backs. We covered great tracts of bush in this manner and because (a) we were always somewhat short of breath and ( b ) the occasional towns have long names like Binningup and Ravensthorpe which became Binners and Ravers, you get the picture ... :grin:

We covered great tracts of bush in this manner and because (a) we were always somewhat short of breath and (B) the occasional towns have long names like Binningup and Ravensthorpe which became Binners and Ravers, you get the picture ... :grin:

well if you don't mind me adapting your terminology, our Stoolie bud Jerry Maguire is off to become a 'Honker' now. :rolleyes:

MWH: it's a topic for a long and tedious LOB thread or possibly a political science/economics paper. I was hoping that my ironic voice came through on that...but, no, I think Orwell was describing us as well as them.

BTW: before we get too excited about gold and silver, take a look at "Mr. Hanky's" chart and analysis on M2M last night.

Archived