IDS World Markets Fri 7th January 05

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mornin' stoolies.

Say, when posting charts, it'd be GREAT if you would always put the symbol somehwere in the text that you type.

sometimes those linked charts fail to show up properly; and without a symbol in the text, I don't know what stock your comment it about.

tanks! :)

Yeah, I noticed the same.

Never heard IBD say "raise cash" before...........

Billy Boy is obviously concerned with his reputation.

One thing curious is that the Asian markets really got slammed with our market, especially Hong Kong. But Europe never really sold off at all, and as we speak they are Bonering up to new highs..........

FTSE never sold off........

_ftse.gif

looks like the SPY options aren't quite in the clear yet.

this just came across the IB bulletin-wire...

To all traders:

Fri Jan 7 09:11:42 2005 EST

Due to a court injunction the SPY OPTIONS will not be available to be traded on any options exchange today Jan 7 2005

The market did not decline the first three days because of "fears". It declined because of the short term collapse in liquidity which I reported in the Feed report. The selling rebuilt some of that liquidity. That too shall pass. The liquidity picture is going to deteriorate throughout the first quarter, thanks mainly to good old Uncle Sam.

The foreign central bank indicator, which had been on a sell signal for a couple weeks, tried to turn up this week, but didn't get all the way there. Enough for a pause, but not enough to prop US stock prices again. The doomsday clock continues to tick. I will post an update in the Feed Report later today.

Attention girlebulls ?bearman. Consider yourselves fully warned.

Archived