Entertainment Tonight

Feb 14, 2010 will be the beginning of the Year of the Tiger!

(your jickiss is a Tiger, 1950)

(the year of the Tiger generally spells Trouble, by the way)

Tanks, TJ, you are the Best and the Fastest!

jickiss!!!!!!!

So what are you sayin'?

The Chinese are gonna give us 50% of their sh*t?

BWAHAHAHAHAH

tiger-woods.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and,

in re MLP (Maui Land and Pineapple), TJ, do you thimk that the shut down of the Pine Apple Growing Buziness is actually a cover move before (this may take another year or two) moving into a cash crop that could be Branded, that right now is not legal????? But one that could make Huge Coin?????

Poof! $40?

jickiss!!!!!!!

Quick scan of the financials....and Magic 8-Ball comes up with....

post-6859-1261452002.jpg

Window of Opportunity- Professional Edition

December 21, 2009 By Lee Adler A 6 month cycle low is due within 3 weeks according to time counts. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Looks about right to me

Bradley%202010.PNG

The 2010 Bradley Model chart, is calling for a big massive move, in the spring and summer of 2010. Will it be a retest of this years lows? Or another rip roaring rally higher? We'll know the direction by the end of March 2010. Which ever direction it goes, it will be a big massive move. Bigger than this years move! Maybe the biggest in history!

Source

Increase potassium and mainly H2O. Eat a banana or a potato or other high potassium food daily. But the main thing is water. Not sure how much is enough, but I wasn't drinking enough. Now I try to drink at least 1 1/2 quarts per day. Do not substitute tea, coffee, soda or alcohol. They are diuretics and cause the dehydration which I think triggers the atrial fib. I still drink coffee and iced tea, but rarely after 5 PM, and I'm especially careful to drink plenty of water with dinner. Since I've done this my atrial fibrillation has virtually disappeared. On those couple of occasions where it happened in the past couple of years it was after a very heavy, high fat meal. So that's another thing to avoid.

On the other hand, I have been able to massively reduce my ldl, increase hdl, and lower triglicerides by cutting way down on carbs and boosting fat intake, particularly with the healthier vegetable fats. Meat is no problem once in a while. Definitely no refined carbs, and no carbs other than green vegetables after lunch time. Eggs are really good for lowering cholesterol as well. For some reason, when I eat more eggs, more fat, and less carbs my lipid profile improves radically. I still have to take statins, but they weren't enough until I increased the fat in my diet. That brought about a much greater improvement than the statins alone. I also lost weight and belly fat.

But a big Italian restaurant chicken parm is a a killer. My system can't handle it. I'm ok with a half portion.

Doc,

I would suggest that it is not necessarily the reduction in carbs, but the quality of carbs that is doing the trick for you, and the avoidance of heavy animal fats.

I want to give a shout out to CalgaryBear for turning me on to the China Study. Over the past couple months, I have read it and other books by Esselstyn, Ornish, McDougall and Barnard.

Like Campbell, the author of the China Study, I used to kind of chuckle at the vegans, even though if you think about for any length time at all, you know instinctively that humans are not designed to be meat eaters ( I mean how many of you have the urge to go out and sink your teeth into the hairy hide of a cow and start chomping away, not that you could anyway with our poorly designed teeth for such a task). But I had already noticed as I have gotten older, I always felt much better after I ate a meal more oriented towards whole foods, than I did after I ate a steak or a burger, and in fact over the last few years, I started feeling downright awful after a tasty prime rib or steak dinner.

After reading the books, it is pretty clear why I felt like shit after such meals.

Over the last month I have cut out all meat and dairy, refined flours and sugars, and most all oils. I had already cut out caffeine about 6 months ago. While it is not easy to eat this way if you like to go out to eat a lot, I will tell you that after a month of doing this, I feel 20 years younger. I was complaining one day a few months ago to my bro-in-law that my DNA felt tired and worn out. I was pretty much chronically tired. Now it feels like my cells are tingling with life. I don't really know how to describe it any other way. It may have something to with thermogenesis effect described in the China Study...I don't know for sure, but I do know I have a ton more energy.

Another thing that has gone away is my mind numbing headaches that I would get at least once a month, that sometimes would last for days. Now, no matter how may hours I spend trading, I just don't get them anymore. I also feel calmer in general.

The other really nice thing is that you can literally pig out on this diet and not gain any weight. I miss some things, and sometimes the smell of cooking meat dishes tempts me, but I feel so much better now, there is no way I am going back.

Anyway, I would urge you all to at least read the evidence presented and then try your own body as a case study and decide for yourself whether it makes any sense or not for you.

My guess is that if one eats a predominately whole foods diet, you could mix in some fish or meat once in a while, and it probably will not do too much harm, but I wanted to do a strict study on myself to see if I really could eat as much as I wanted and see if I started to feel more alive. And indeed that has been the case in my experience.

Campbell, a long time National Academy of Science researcher also goes into some detail about how the large food and drug conglomerates have basically overrun the governmental agencies and much of the academic research. He also talks about his own transformation from a strong promoter of the Western meat and dairy diet into a strong condemnor of it.

The Ornish and Esselstyn books go into actual studies of arresting heart disease and in some cases reversing some of it, while Barnard deals with diabetes. Since heart disease and diabetes, and some cancers are fairly closely linked to obesity, it makes sense that a diet that keeps you at a healthy natural weight with little effort would have a tremendous effect on reducing those diseases.

In any event, all these guys approached things from different starting points and basically arrived at the same conclusions. The more animal products and refined carbs you cut out of your diet, the healthier you will be in general.

And for you Doc, the cholesterol reductions on a whole foods plant based diet are pretty astonishing..folks regularly dropping from 300+ to 150 or under. One of the other reasons I did this is that my dad is on his last legs due to advanced heart disease and diabetes, so I know it runs in the family. And the last time I went to see him, he wanted to go out and get a burger and shake! I have sent him the books and hope he at least gives it a try. I may have to go down there and cook for him myself if he doesn't change his diet voluntarily! By the way, with proper use of spices, veggie food can be really tasty. Most of the books I read had many recipes, and there are many other vegan type cookbooks on Amazon.

I suspect that if more folks followed the general guidelines in these books, we would not having such a huge problem with Sick(not health)Care in this country. The real truth of the matter appears to be that the vast majority of the leading killer diseases in non old age people is most likely self inflicted by a lethal combination of poor diet, lack of exercise, and too much stress...

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

well, even if it is not so much fun to be serious,

your jickiss sees no way for da boyz to keep the chart of the Long Bond in a rectangle box formation. Everything is being tried here, from the Greek, to the Ire-ish, to the Spanish. is the Euro really in worse shape than is the USA dollar, being led by Kai, Philly, Chicago, NY, AZ, NV, etc into the downward death spirals zone?

as an aside, before showing the 30 year chart...every time your jickiss sees the Mayor of Philadelphia appear on TV, that one does not look worried.....this makes your jickiss feel ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THAT PLACES LIKE PHILLY AND KALI ARE ALREADY RECEIVING CASH FROM DA FEED VIA NOTES PAID AT DA WINDOW....HOW ELSE CAN THEY KEEP GOIN???? Is Philly a Bonk? any body know????

but so far, da Long Bond is still a lithium battery powered Bunnie......for how much longer????

2 mos?

jickiss!!!!!!!

post-1911-1261453526_thumb.png

Doc,

I would suggest that it is not necessarily the reduction in carbs, but the quality of carbs that is doing the trick for you, and the avoidance of heavy animal fats.

agree on the carbs

everyone should take magnesium every day

and look out for the B markers

I dropped almost 80 points of bad cholesterol in 6 months by eliminating soda, reducing beef, and eating oatmeal every morning...... also a tart cherry and blueberry pill twice a day.

hated the very idea of statins

also take St John's Wort twice a day - it works esp. in winter

changed my life in the last year and a half

Doc,

I want to give a shout out to CalgaryBear for turning me on to the China Study. Over the past couple months, I have read it and other books by Esselstyn, Ornish, McDougall and Barnard.

Like Campbell, the author of the China Study, I used to kind of chuckle at the vegans, even though if you think about for any length time at all, you know instinctively that humans are not designed to be meat eaters ( I mean how many of you have the urge to go out and sink your teeth into the hairy hide of a cow and start chomping away, not that you could anyway with our poorly designed teeth for such a task). But I had already noticed as I have gotten older, I always felt much better after I ate a meal more oriented towards whole foods, than I did after I ate a steak or a burger, and in fact over the last few years, I started feeling downright awful after a tasty prime rib or steak dinner.

After reading the books, it is pretty clear why I felt like shit after such meals.

Over the last month I have cut out all meat and dairy, refined flours and sugars, and most all oils. I had already cut out caffeine about 6 months ago. While it is not easy to eat this way if you like to go out to eat a lot, I will tell you that after a month of doing this, I feel 20 years younger. I was complaining one day a few months ago to my bro-in-law that my DNA felt tired and worn out. I was pretty much chronically tired. Now it feels like my cells are tingling with life. I don't really know how to describe it any other way. It may have something to with thermogenesis effect described in the China Study...I don't know for sure, but I do know I have a ton more energy.

Another thing that has gone away is my mind numbing headaches that I would get at least once a month, that sometimes would last for days. Now, no matter how may hours I spend trading, I just don't get them anymore. I also feel calmer in general.

The other really nice thing is that you can literally pig out on this diet and not gain any weight. I miss some things, and sometimes the smell of cooking meat dishes tempts me, but I feel so much better now, there is no way I am going back.

Anyway, I would urge you all to at least read the evidence presented and then try your own body as a case study and decide for yourself whether it makes any sense or not for you.

My guess is that if one eats a predominately whole foods diet, you could mix in some fish or meat once in a while, and it probably will not do too much harm, but I wanted to do a strict study on myself to see if I really could eat as much as I wanted and see if I started to feel more alive. And indeed that has been the case in my experience.

Campbell, a long time National Academy of Science researcher also goes into some detail about how the large food and drug conglomerates have basically overrun the governmental agencies and much of the academic research. He also talks about his own transformation from a strong promoter of the Western meat and dairy diet into a strong condemnor of it.

The Ornish and Esselstyn books go into actual studies of arresting heart disease and in some cases reversing some of it, while Barnard deals with diabetes. Since heart disease and diabetes, and some cancers are fairly closely linked to obesity, it makes sense that a diet that keeps you at a healthy natural weight with little effort would have a tremendous effect on reducing those diseases.

In any event, all these guys approached things from different starting points and basically arrived at the same conclusions. The more animal products and refined carbs you cut out of your diet, the healthier you will be in general.

And for you Doc, the cholesterol reductions on a whole foods plant based diet are pretty astonishing..folks regularly dropping from 300+ to 150 or under. One of the other reasons I did this is that my dad is on his last legs due to advanced heart disease and diabetes, so I know it runs in the family. And the last time I went to see him, he wanted to go out and get a burger and shake! I have sent him the books and hope he at least gives it a try. I may have to go down there and cook for him myself if he doesn't change his diet voluntarily! By the way, with proper use of spices, veggie food can be really tasty. Most of the books I read had many recipes, and there are many other vegan type cookbooks on Amazon.

I suspect that if more folks followed the general guidelines in these books, we would not having such a huge problem with Sick(not health)Care in this country. The real truth of the matter appears to be that the vast majority of the leading killer diseases in non old age people is most likely self inflicted by a lethal combination of poor diet, lack of exercise, and too much stress...

Thanks for this K. Gonna have to look into this.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

of course all of the concepts behind "the healthy foods to eat" are True. but your jickiss thimks two other factors are about 6 times more important.

Factor Number One is Fresh Air at a temp of around 70-77 degrees. Like Hawaii, Like Maui. Live with that fresh air, and you will IMMEDIATELY feel better.

Factor Number Two is simple. The body benefits greatly from Physical Stress. (Think Exercise, even hard exercise). The body is destroyed by "Psychological Stress."

This is why the Wise quit when they are ahead...for to do the opposite of One and Two Above, deliberately, (if you have enough coin to exit the Game) merely proves that such Actor believes himself to be Exceptional.

Very few are Exceptional. Sad but true.

then, back to da Market. from time to time your jickiss likes to show "How da World looks to the Vatican Desk or the Russian Desk," or wherever, you get the idea. anyway, the following chart shows that

This Time it is Different.

In other words, Expect a Giant Surprise very soon....

look, then you decide...

post-1911-1261454770_thumb.png

fwiw, i stopped eating meat in 1970. by 72 i stopped eating fish. until 01 i was a strict vegetarian. now, i will eat wild salmon. herbs are intelligence. different herbs are for different organs. anyway. find a diet that fits your body type. it will make a big difference. different blood types are more suited to the vegetarian life style others are not. the point is read up on it and find a diet that fits your body type. i try to eat organically. and exercise is very important to keep the machinery working properly. drinking a couple of quarts of water a day helps to keep things flowing. be aware of what you are putting in your body. carbs, while giving that instant rush, may not be the best thing for your body! dharma

I second dharma's opinion that different body types need different diets.

A VERY IMPORTANT CAUTION:

20% of the cholesterol in your body is in your brain. Diets that are very low in the "good" monounsaturated oils (like olive oil, for instance) can lead to muscle problems -- small tears that will not heal, etc. -- and there is some evidence that some forms of Alzheimer's are caused by an inability of some people's brain cells to use normal "food" supplied via blood. Brain cells can use medium chain triglycerides (oils) for fuel. There is an Alzheimer's drug out now, Axona, which is a condensed form of the medium chain triglyceride oils (MCT oil in health food stores) that athletes use to build muscle and lose weight. Also, there is evidence that some cancers seem to thrive in a low-oil environment. A healthy diet includes the good oils, especially olive oil, MCT oil, and, believe it or not, coconut oil (in moderation) which includes both MCT oil and other triglycerides that have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial effects.

Increase potassium and mainly H2O. Eat a banana or a potato or other high potassium food daily. But the main thing is water. Not sure how much is enough, but I wasn't drinking enough. Now I try to drink at least 1 1/2 quarts per day. Do not substitute tea, coffee, soda or alcohol. They are diuretics and cause the dehydration which I think triggers the atrial fib. I still drink coffee and iced tea, but rarely after 5 PM, and I'm especially careful to drink plenty of water with dinner. Since I've done this my atrial fibrillation has virtually disappeared. On those couple of occasions where it happened in the past couple of years it was after a very heavy, high fat meal. So that's another thing to avoid.

On the other hand, I have been able to massively reduce my ldl, increase hdl, and lower triglicerides by cutting way down on carbs and boosting fat intake, particularly with the healthier vegetable fats. Meat is no problem once in a while. Definitely no refined carbs, and no carbs other than green vegetables after lunch time. Eggs are really good for lowering cholesterol as well. For some reason, when I eat more eggs, more fat, and less carbs my lipid profile improves radically. I still have to take statins, but they weren't enough until I increased the fat in my diet. That brought about a much greater improvement than the statins alone. I also lost weight and belly fat.

But a big Italian restaurant chicken parm is a a killer. My system can't handle it. I'm ok with a half portion.

You *might* already be getting enough in your diet, but magnesium is another "must have" for keeping a regular heartbeat. Studies have found that virtually everyone with heart-disease is/was magnesium-deficient... get LOW enough on magnesium, and your heart stops beating altogether. If you take supplements, you'll want the citrate form. Side-benefit: magnesium helps with sleep disorders.

CoQ10 is another miracle-worker for heart issues.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Exactly, don't stop trying, or thimking about tomorrow, for it will soon be here and it might run us over.

anyway,

just suppose, for a mo-ment, that the hyper inflating scenario or Green Shoots turn into (speaking of veg tables) Green Giants. well, is Maui Land and Pineapple the next F????

who is going to help out on the MLP (New York Stock Exchange)? Has any body figured out why this is so cheep? yeah, da Natives will actually be given all of the lands back in Hawaii.

any ideas?

MLP

As the board's resident Maui local, I would second TJ and say to stay clear. They've been closing operations left and right, it's been all over the local papers for a while.

Archived