A Close of a Different Color

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was Action Alerts !

Today deserves a the good ole puking clown....Think Lost Money chimps all bought the close like they said ???

Who knows ???

Did they look like this ???

post-1128-1260307643_thumb.png

I was trying to get Ags Attachments to show up ... I can't figure out when they will display or when they will show up as text ...

I like your puking clown pic, so I want to keep yours. But I can't find the moderation options. What screen are they on the lower left of? Am still looking here.

I used to do the M2M's a few years ago and I have a moderator option on the bottom left of the screen. I think Doc may have set that option for me. I'll just take mine out and add the puking clown in this one......

In honor of Lost Money pumpers and the parade of bulls on Crapvision today....

And this one is for Jimmy Jones Cramit....

Thanks, Ags. Great pics there, for illustrating Lost Money and Cramit.

---------------------

Here is a post I am bringing over from IDS today, a reply I wrote to Patents, on the importance of preserving

our sanity and capacity for fun and health, no matter how crazy the economy, the government etc. is. We've

got a lot of bright capable caring folks on this board, and I want us all to get everything we can out of life.

----------------------------

QUOTE (patents @ Dec 8 2009, 12:25 PM)

And always enjoy these good times while we can. And to heck with the future.

--------------------------

(capitall)

I agree. If we can't figure out any way to do anything about problems coming up in the future, we may as well

fiddle while Rome burns. At least we will enjoy fiddling. Better than crying while it burns. Unless of course,

crying gives U relief; in that case it is fine too. And Psyche's smashing things works too, as long as no one gets

hurt. And Hanky's skiing etc. And having fun with friends, both on the Stool and elsewhere.

And when one is all out of solutions, sometimes while fiddling or smashing things, or crying, or working out

or jogging to get the tension out of the muscles, sometimes during or after getting relief from stress, we get

our minds cleared and aired out. And a clear mind can lead to a solution, a way out of the mess, for oneself,

for one's family, and maybe even for one's community or country. Some folks might be amazed at what

problems we can get through, and even thrive in, when we take care to maintain our sanity and to let some

steam out of our mental pressure cooker when we need to.

On the trading tax..

The really crazy thing about the bill is that even a losing trade would get hit with the tax. I haven't researched this stupid idea because of the fury that it incites within me. I don't know a whole lot about the bill. The creators of the bill state that it will take from Wall St. and give to main st. I don't work for nor do I work on Wall st., but the way I understand it, I will get hit with it just like them. Are there any exemptions for people like me in this insidious bill? I can't believe this sheet!!!!

Can't see them doing it. Would be a wipeout for the industry with subsequent knock on economic effects for others such as pensions, technology etc.

Here's the thing -- It would be basically no different to having higher comissions.

Remember how high comissions were, only say 10 years ago?

Was there no profitable trading then? Of course there was profitable trading then.

What was the difference? The timeframe!!

Right now, with low comissions, and no trading tax, even retail specs can play intraday squiggles.

With a higher transaction cost, all it does is blow out the movement needed to clear costs.

Net net: Trade on a longer timeframe..

On the trading tax..

---------------

Congress has a lot of bills introduced that don't go through. If it REALLY would take from Wall Street and give to Main Street in some way, I don't think it will pass. Has Congress EVER passed a bill in the past few decades that would take from Wall Street and give to Main Street? Congress would not take money AWAY from a Special Interest Group that finances their campaigns. Congress just doesn't work that way.

Archived