Jarring Juxtapositions Revisited

What's Next Month Bring? Santy Claus or the Grinch?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All this screaming about a correction in gold is pretty convincing we have a ways to go yet. I do watch Sinclaire's column and calls and having passed 1156 with conviction, his next stop is 1225.

I lightened up a little about $40 ago and don't care to make that mistake bigger.

I will say I am completely comfortable with my CEF shares and their 50% physical gold and silver. I have no qualms about integrity there. I have never been comfortable with the paper based etfs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn it all! I hate this conspiracy stuff.

Yeah. It's hard to unwind the conspiracy stuff - it all become a hall of mirrors.

So let me mount another mirror.

There are no - or only a few purposeful - tungsten bars in circulation. They are plants for a deception.

It's possible. And shifts the entire questions, "By whom, and toward what end?"

<H5 class=latest>Latest Story</H5>

Month End Paint Job or Something More ��" Professional Edition

November 30, 2009 By Lee Adler Cycle based stock screening data was mostly negative on Monday. However, the strong uptick in new 4 week cycle signals… Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Excellent, Doc.

I'm a long term subscriber, though I seldom post here.

I hope some lurkers will take advantage of your trial offer.

I'd like to put that on the front page of the WSE, but I'm afraid it would start a panic. :lol:

Yeah, thank you for not posting this one. No need to draw attention to this, except to the extent that it helps other stoolies.

[1] JiCk did a good job of summing up my thoughts....so I won't repeat

Agree - thanks Jickiss! You're always on top of gold!

[2] I would push the tax hit to Jan 2010

Agree - I was looking for gold $1,400 before selling. Still, going to be sweating it.

[3] There are other gold ETF's out there, so another method would be to spread it around the other ETF's. But same issues you raised may or may not exist. GLD is fraught with many questionable practices....no audits....contract held through other custodians....no audits of them either....contacts in lieu if physical....and on and on and on

Agree - no faith in anything at this point. Diversify the risk is a great idea.

[4] I think the miners are the better play by far....GDX and now especially GDXJ....as well as mutual funds, etc that are owners of the miner 49er's

Agree - only problem is the miners will go down with the stock market. And I'm expecting it will go down again :lol:

[5] Not a fan of physical at all......too Armageddon for me....regardless, several guns and lots of ammo will trump gold coins and bars everytime, bar none

God help us if I'm ever forced to use the amount of ammo I'm storing. :ninja: Ammo is a great barter item, BTW. Gold bullion is a transfer agent (read: currency exchange) to preserve wealth and convert into the next currency regime. If there isn't one, then it will be money, and Armageddon WILL be here. Either way I'm covered. Best to have both bullion and ammo.

....just sayin'

Basically, I need to reduce exposure to GLD and diversify into other ETF's and miners. Thanks for clearing my head. This kind of situation really shouldn't happen, so emotions get involved and they should not. I'll tell you one thing, if GLD ends-up defrauding investors, heads are going to roll. They really don't want to piss off the gold bugs. These people are prepared and planning for the end of the world.

Thanks TJ for your input!

chicago-if you have gld as an insurance policy, then there is no substitute for having physical

dharma

Got all the physical I might need. I was just using GLD to trade the movements and make money (i.e. cash). I'm really po'd this thing is suspect!

Archived