Bad News Bottoms

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IBM Offers To Move Laid Off Workers To India

Big Blue wants to help redundant U.S. employees relocate to developing markets, according to an internal document.

.........Under a program called Project Match, IBM will help workers laid off from domestic sites obtain travel and visa assistance for countries in which Big Blue has openings. Mostly that's developing markets like India, China, and Brazil.

"IBM has established Project Match to help you locate potential job opportunities in growth markets where your skills are in demand," IBM says in an internal notice on the initiative. "Should you accept a position in one of these countries, IBM offers financial assistance to offset moving costs, provides immigration support, such as visa assistance, and other support to help ease the transition of an international move."

In addition to India, China, and Brazil, IBM is offering to relocate redundant U.S. workers to a number of other developing markets, including Mexico, the Czech Republic, Russia, South Africa, Nigeria, and the United Arab Emirates, according to the notice, which was obtained Monday by InformationWeek.

Link

Also keep in mind it is scheduled to come out in two parts, the Monday general announcement and then followed up later in the week with more details.....

So how to play?

[1] Spike on Monday prior to the 12 noon press conf (God please give me $100 on the SKF)

[2] Rally fades after press conf

[3] More words are leaked to dicks like Lies-man and Gas-bag about "details coming later in the week"

[4] Another rally into the "details" (ANother $100 SKF opportunity?)

[5] The week ends with a THUD !!!

[6] SKF finishes the week at $150+

After my mini SKF beating , $100 to $150 would be awesome.

Hope so Doc, but who knows what those guys will cook up next? No doubt every "out of the box" idea, no matter how insane, is now on the table under consideration for being thrown against the wall to see what sticks.

The most bullish thing that could happen is the failure to pass a bill at all and if they fail to spend the rest of the TARP. Then there'd be a prayer that the stock market could have a significant rally. Otherwise, I don't think so. But there's always something I hadn't thought of.

The Fed's balance sheet has been contracting for 7 weeks in a row. Fed cash available to PDs is collapsing. Treasury debt supply is skyrocketing, the Federal Government is about to drop a trillion pound debt bomb on the market , and FCBs, instead of picking up the slack, are slowing their pace of buying of Treasuries even as they continue to furiously dump their GSE holdings. It is not out of the question that they might even start selling their Treasuries as their cash needs balloon simultaneously.

This is not 2002-03. This is the market deck dancing on the Titanic.

Why is the Fed's balance sheet collapsing? :unsure:

Folks- I have had it with the obscenity. I don't care if it's cloaked, or what. I will delete any posts containing profanity or obscenity as soon as I see them. When something slips out in anger on occasion, that's one thing, but these constant streams of obscenity, well, I just don't like it. I cringe every time. It's degrading. It's beneath me and you, and what I believe in, and what I hope you do too. We can do better. We can have fun. We can do it without being obscene.

A cornerstone of the economic recovery plan that President Barack Obama is expected to unveil Monday will be modifying problem mortgages, The Post has learned.

In a nod to Main Street over Wall Street, sources familiar with the plan say Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner plans to allocate almost half of the remaining $350 billion in funds from the Trouble Asset Relief Program to the so-called "Mo Mod," or mortgage modification, platform.

"Mo Mod" is an algorithmic mortgage processing program that can rewrite up to 500,000 loans a month, and will be a major part of Treasury's plan to help repair tattered bank balance sheets.

The 21-day "Mo Mod" program works by structuring a new mortgage that more accurately reflects a home's worth so that a troubled borrower no longer owes more on their home than the property is worth.

The process then enables a lender to pool these new mortgages together into securities that reflect more accurately a home's value, which makes them less risky for investors.

taxpayer will reward criminals, fraudsters, liars on both side of the mortgage mess.

UFB. Will they do it again next year when those same loans are underwater again?

Not one mention of some money set aside to prosecute mortgage fraud.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I like it. It's the only thing that has a prayer of stopping the meltdown. I know you don't like it MD, but you're a young guy. You don't want this to get as bad as it probably will if they can't stop this asset deflation. You can't punish everybody just because they were ignorant. These mortgages have to be written down to the values of the underlying or the implosion will take down everything. Furthermore, if they don't stop the deflationary spiral, there will never be a reason to own anything.

Let's face, the market is an ignorant bastard that couldn't discount its nose if it was sitting in the middle of its face.

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/2009/02/06/w...-dont-tell-you/

I left the comment for that post:

Very valuable info.

If, instead of employment you take the GDP curve the result will be pretty much the same - the stock market is not discounting anything.

Or get corporate earnings - the fact that many corporations make huge 20%+ moves after announcing earnings is the simple prove that the market is unable to discount even the past quarter properly - I?m not talking about the next quarter.

I just got back from my condo hunting expedition.....

What an absolute disaster

I cannot even fathom the amount of condo inventory that is out there.Perfect condition,900-1000 sf 2 bedroom condo's for 60-70k

The problem is that there are thousands of them,No chance in hell i would take a chance on trying to buy one and find a worthy tennant.

Just had to see for myself :mellow:

Even worse was all the vacant office,retail and warehouse space i saw today.You would still not believe it even if you were there.

Vegas, 2020.

bodieweb.jpg

I remember late 2002 early 2003. Things looked good for collapse, then it was off to the races. Bull flag after bull flag.

Could the same thing happen this year? Remember the boyz have unlimited acronym money to play with.

The first thing to do for the boyz is to trash all pension funds and 401ks until you can buy good corporations well below book. We are not there yet.

I heard interesting opinion on Bloomberg radio. A guy said that the market first will tank under 700 and then immediately starts the run to 1100. That's what they want.

Archived