And Keep Asking Those Questions

Goldmember et. al with regard to MU and Potato Chips

Did you know the founder is J.R. Simplot

Did you know J.R. Simplot supplies the vast majority of potatoes to Mcdonalds? His fortune was originally founded on selling potatoes from his farms to the founders of Mcdonalds back in the 50's???

He took that fortune and convinced investors he could build a chip plant out in the west in an area where they said you couldnt properly build one there?

He made multi billions all over again at the height of the MU craze....

A billionaire twice over.... so I loved your Potato Chip reference

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nincompoop, welcome!

Everybody, did anyone catch Chris Locke on Crapvision-Europe this morning? This guys is really worth watching! He's almost as good as Doc and even more bearish, believe it or not. He uses mainly Elliott Waves and cycle analysis.

Today he spoke mostly about the European indices - but also mentioned the ass-and-pee. Basically, his projection was pretty much the same for them all - sharp drop till the end of January, to levels lower than the October lows, then rally into March. The signal would be a drop below Friday's low. He said "if I am wrong, we might go sideways instead, till March". He expects a big downside slide to start in March and continue well into the end of the summer (July-September) and take the major indices 40-50% lower than they currently are. He didn't say anything about a "going up" alternative, except mentioning that "reaching the August highs is a low-probability scenario now" or something like that. His "less bearish" prognosis agrees pretty much with Doc's. Yes, on Crapvision (the European edition). The guy is good!

He also talked about gold. It was obvious how undecided he was - mostly because the two methods he uses (Elliott waves and cycles) contradict each other here. He said "don't chase performance, because the waves are bearish and point to a top". But then added "gold is in a long-term bull market, buy the dips". It was obvious that he felt the contradictory character of such an advice, to he tried to reconcile the two alternatives by saying "gold should be bought when it pulls back to 327".

Oh, and they have a new game on Crapvision-Europe. You have to guess the value of the combined weight in gold of the three anchors by the end of the year. In order to do that, you must first guess their combined weight and then guess the POG at the end of the year. :lol:

When I heard it, my first thought was "how about the worth of their combined weight in stool"? :D

Regards,

Vesselin

Doc will like this one

Why Im long Natural Resource funds, Gold and Special Minerals funds etc ... its called Money Supply and coming inflation. Fed is growing M3 at 20% clip right now, the dollar is falling, and somehow consumers are supposed to keep borrowing on rising home values and low rates to prop up spending until corporations start spending?? WHAT???????

Look at this graph, then tell yourself why gold funds, stocks, oil, natural gas, etc are rising.... doesnt take a rocket scientist... just a Simple Guy...

post-3-1040218904_thumb.gif

Oh, and they have a new game on Crapvision-Europe. You have to guess the value of the combined weight in gold of the three anchors by the end of the year. In order to do that, you must first guess their combined weight and then guess the POG at the end of the year. :lol:

When I heard it, my first thought was "how about the worth of their combined weight in stool"? :D

Regards,

Vesselin

LOL! And of course, it would have to be bull stool, since that's what they spew all day! I ASSume that the winner will get a year's supply of Ano's Can o' Crap? :P

Simple guy, hilarious! I had no idea of the connection other than Idaho and chips. Truth and fact are truly stranger than fiction, at all times it seems.

I watched another Eddie Murphy movie the other day, Coming to America, and guess who makes a cameo appearance 3/4 of the way through? Eddie, as a wealthy royal heir of some African country, hands a bag full of cash to two derelict bums on the street sheltered under cardboard. Guess who?

"We're back in the GAME, Mortimer!!!!

Doc, in the Anals, the Nasgap analysis - you don't really mean 4130, do you? :lol:

SG, when looking at that chart, I keep imagining AG whipping the "click to enlarge" button. :D

Regards,

Vesselin

Those of you missing crapvision really missed it. The anti whoppee cushion. Carbon activated cushions in different styles. My fav is the SBD version. Men change filters every 3 months- women every 6 months. Another product for the stoll. It's called "GasBgone". Sales are "booming".

Sweef: This could open a business opportunity for unemployed people. Changing filters in these. Nobody would want to do it otherwise. :grin:

Wonder what the fee would or could be? Hmmmm

Archived