Arousal Monitor

Some new money will come every month from people who have been sold the "dollar-cost averaging" thing for their 401Ks. Of course, when they lose their jobs, that will stop too.

My choices in my pension fund are: stock fund, bond fund, real estate fund, cash. I'm in cash.

Piles, jury is still out on which way the PMs will go. Over in intra-day gold we had to pull Charmin in off the ledge three times today :lol: :lol: :lol: No, actually we had an enlightening discussion about Linda Blair puking.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Volume always declines in a bear market.  Bear markets go down because of scarcity of bids, not "selling pressure."  Increasing volume trendis bullish (eventually). Decreasing volume trend is bearish.

This market reminds me of early 74.

Joe is not going sell. If the guys lost more then 50% - 90% by now then he will never sell because his portfolio value is nominal and has the lottery ticket to riches. He will wait for the eventual moon shot or bust. He has nothing to loose. No new money will come in the market apart from bears and hedgehogs money. Hedgehog?s trading volumes amounts to 50% or more

U will see volume will go down in future as more and more traders get wiped out because of the greed. Huge volume increase we seen was because bulls were buying the winning tickets and they are max out now.

I agree. At this point if Joe sells any, it's as a last resort need for money.

Guest Grizzly Bear
Looking at my screen -- what a mess. After hours quotes all over the place.

What time does NVLS report their lies? I mean, report.

From barfing.com... <_<

Novellus mid-qtr update preview (NVLS) 29.37 +0.86: --Update-- Semi equipment maker's mid-qtr update is scheduled for after the close today. In a pre-market note, CSFB said it suspects co will reaffirm EPS, revenue, and shipment guidance. Better cost controls and what firm suspects is conservative guidance regarding SFAM integration could allow NVLS to post modest upside to EPS... Fulcrum also previewed the mid-qtr update. Firm's morning note indicates that it does not anticipate disappointment from the call; firm expects NVLS to at least confirm the original guidance of $0.07 (First Call consensus $0.08, Multex $0.07). Fulcrum reiterated its Buy rating and 12-month target of $45, noting that NVLS is trading near its previous trough levels from 1996, 1998, and 2002 (on a price-to tangible book basis).

Volume always declines in a bear market. Bear markets go down because of scarcity of bids, not "selling pressure." Increasing volume trendis bullish (eventually). Decreasing volume trend is bearish.

This market reminds me of early 74.

thanks for keeping me straight Doc!! :rolleyes:

Archived