B4 The Bell Humpday August 11

:D Welcome to B4 The Bell! :D

The Fed, which is counting on a 'transitory' oil price gain, keeps getting less transitory every day. Russian politics is driving the Byzantine handling of Yukos:

Putin Finding Power in The Pump

Oil Seen as Creating New Oligarch Class

By Peter Baker

Washington Post Foreign Service

Wednesday, August 11, 2004; Page A01

MOSCOW -- As the Russian state launched its legal campaign against oil tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky last summer, many allies and enemies of the government saw the fingerprints of a mysterious Kremlin aide, Igor Sechin.

A reputed former KGB agent who followed President Vladimir Putin to Moscow, Sechin led a powerful Kremlin faction that, according to insiders, resented Khodorkovsky's defiance of authority. The Sechin clan bristled, for instance, when Khodorkovsky publicly implied that a deal involving the state-owned Rosneft oil company was a corrupt scheme to benefit powerful insiders.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2004Aug10.html

globex.png

nasdaq.png

Good trading! ;)

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS IS HUGE! LOOK AT THIS LIE:

U.S. and allied counterterrorism officials are pursuing leads on other terrorists based on the data from Khan's seized laptop. At least one arrest in Britain has been made so far, and others are expected, the officials said.

Additionally, U.S. intelligence officials said they think that several al Qaeda terrorists already in the United States are part of the plot, although their identities and locations are not known.

The targets, in addition to the financial institutions in New York, Washington and Newark, N.J., that have been the subject of public warnings, include such economic-related targets as oil and gas facilities with a view toward disrupting the November election.

"The goal of the next attack is twofold: to damage the U.S. economy and to undermine the U.S. election," the official said. "The view of al Qaeda is 'anybody but Bush.' "

THE VIEW OF AL QAEDA IS 'anybody but Bush?"

Who said that? Why did they say that? Who did they hear that from? Why is there no attribution for this source?

This is a clear example of planting disinformation in the media to manufacture a connection in the mind of the public that our greatest enemy has a goal of preventing us from re-electing our President. This is a major proclamation and the first we have heard of this, though it won't be the last.

Is it really too much of a stretch to assume that what will follow is this:

"Everybody has a role to play in the war against Al Qaeda - and since Al Qaeda has clearly made it known that they are better off in the event the President is defeated in November, it is your duty as an American to defend the republic from terror by re-electing George Bush to a second term."

Three things become clear:

The issue of terrorism is 100% politicized by the Bush Regime, strategists are actively plottting how to play on public fears to defeat Kerry in November, and Osama will not be arrested prior to the election. Bin Laden is a brilliant strategist, and if it were his goal to ensure that Kerry be elected, the LAST thing he would do between now and the election is to interrupt the process which is already on course to take Bush out of the White House. He already knows that country would rally around the President. So who has the most to gain from such an attack?

Is Bin Laden in our witness protection program, or what?

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040811-123531-3824r.htm

MO Gauge report shows that credit bubble is not getting much growth on lower interest rates.

NEW YORK, Aug 11 (Reuters) - New applications for U.S. home loans fell last week for a second straight week, even as 30-year mortgage interest rates fell to their lowest level in four months, an industry group said on Wednesday.

The Mortgage Bankers Association said its seasonally adjusted market index, a measure of mortgage activity, dipped for the week ending August 6 by 0.7 percent to 616.1 from the previous week's 620.4.

The Washington trade group's seasonally adjusted refinancing index, however, rose after falling for four consecutive weeks. For the week ended August 6, it rose by 2.5 percent to 1,640.5 from previous week's 1,600.3.

http://www.reuters.com/financeNewsArticle....storyID=5935230

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!?

Tanks to Grand Poopercycle, I found the script error that was causing the error message. The number 200 describing the width of the browser buddy in the script that opens the browser buddy, (My Assistant link in top menu), was split in the middle putting the 20 on one line and the 0 on the next, making it unreadable. It was buried in the board's header template. Took me about 15 minutes to find in the boards byzantine mysql coding system, after using the javascript console in Firefart browser to identify it.

See the trouble I go to for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tanks to Grand Poopercycle, I found the script error that was causing the error message. The number 200 describing the width of the browser buddy in the script that opens the browser buddy, (My Assistant link in top menu), was split in the middle putting the 20 on one line and the 0 on the next, making it unreadable. It was buried in the board's header template. Took me about 15 minutes to find in the boards byzantine mysql coding system, after using the javascript console in Firefart browser to identify it.

See the trouble I go to for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Doc

I had the same problem on my laptop.

Below is something I posted on another board last night that I think makes sense. I can look and see thtat the strength of the bulls is not strong..I can look at the marke and say we have a wave 5....but we really don't have to get sophisticated about the situation right now.....

To make it simple...because that is what I am....

1. Fed interest rates are rising

2. Economy is showing signs of weakness

3. Leading econmic indicator was down

What else does one have to think about? Isn't it plain and clear that stock markets typically do not go up under these conditions. What will change...what can change.....how could it be a good time to invest in stocks?

Only that the economy picks up and shows self-sustaining growth and profits increase more than expected.

Is that a good bet now? The slowing economy tells me that the fed is out in front of the economy in the wrong direction. I don't think this argument has to get any deeper than this?

What am I missing?

Thought for the day - a work in progress. Receipts unfortunately are recovering. Another term for GWB and more tax breaks for the wealthy should stop that nonsense.

deficit.gif

Great charts, Bastiat. Thanks!

Note that nominal GDP is growing about 6% p.a. So the meager 2% positive change in receipts (blue line) is still four percentage points short of merely keeping up with economic growth.

Archived