So, Where's the Beef?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something for stoolies to start the weekend right:

New Honda commerical in the UK

There is a new Honda commercial in the UK. Very important that you understand: There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it.

The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again.

The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. By the time it was over, they were ready to change professions. The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete including a full engineering the sequence. In addition, it's two minutes long so every time Honda airs the film on British television, they're shelling out enough dough to keep any one of us in clover for a lifetime. However, it is fast becoming the most viewed advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for itself simply in "free" viewings (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!).

When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without any hesitation -- including the costs. There are six and only six hand-made Accords in the world. To the horror of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make the film. Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) are parts from those two cars. The voiceover is Garrison Keillor.

When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten. They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real. Oh, and about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing their thing automatically as soon as they become wet. It looks a bit weird in the commercial

Guest BEARDRECH
I am looking at PNRA as a short Monday. Can anyone see a problem with dat dar trade?

Not trading advice mind you. Do what you want.

A WARNING

do not short things like kashe varniskkes,lukshen kugel ,marshmelloows hamburgers ,hotdogs soda pop and most importantly the sacred symbol of things gastonomical--BREAD Why?

Because these peoplle are trying to fullfill the desires of the tonguue and mouth,the loch which is the scource of all value,your mouuth--its theeee most important part of the humanbody because without it the your rectum dont mean sh*t and your balls are worthless==\

G*d looks askance to people who short the staff of life even if as a ocrporate entitity its a a POS....

i ONCE THOUGHT OF SHORTING wrigley spearmint and instead of doubling my pleasure i almost lost a leg\

Let a word to the wise be sufficient

:rolleyes: :D :P :P :grin: just kiddingbdrech

I am looking at PNRA as a short Monday. Can anyone see a problem with dat dar trade?

Not trading advice mind you. Do what you want.

A WARNING

do not short things like kashe varniskkes,lukshen kugel ,marshmelloows hamburgers ,hotdogs soda pop and most importantly the sacred symbol of things gastonomical--BREAD Why?

Because these peoplle are trying to fullfill the desires of the tonguue and mouth,the loch which is the scource of all value,your mouuth--its theeee most important part of the humanbody because without it the your rectum dont mean sh*t and your balls are worthless==\

G*d looks askance to people who short the staff of life even if as a ocrporate entitity its a a POS....

i ONCE THOUGHT OF SHORTING wrigley spearmint and instead of doubling my pleasure i almost lost a leg\

Let a word to the wise be sufficient

:rolleyes: :D :P :P :grin: just kiddingbdrech

The last time I shorted it, I made 15%. I need more Beardrech.

Hmmm... lots of talk about Venezuela's move to dump dollars for Euros. Perhaps these sources could be considered a little unfriendly towards the US and its policies but the themes of the articles are compelling IMHO.

For what it's worth:

Venezuelan move to replace US$ with the ?uro upsetting Washington more than Saddam's ?uro conversion last November

Switch to euro may lead to global insecurity

Guest AssMaster

Might as well post this here. Maybe important.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

HUI upside projection as mirror image of the past downside.

Comments? Insults? :grin:

Edit: Will try to show complete chart later this weekend. Best I could do right now.

Edit2: I like this chart better. Wiggles don't matter much until we are overbought at the upper trendlines where the descending red trendlines will put the smackdown on any exuberance. The more exuberance, the higher the trendline reach in a short amount of time - the bigger the correction and volatility which will ensue until the lower trendline is reached and retested before another more stable advance can begin.

post-7-1056212791.gif

Might as well post this here. Maybe important.

Comments? Insults? :grin:

I think we go higher than that. My LOONG term target on gold is well above $1000 an oz.Problem is that the greenback might go to 40.

Guest BEARDRECH
Just listening to Creamer now, who professed he's not the least bit interested in MSFT stock here. I remember him claiming that when it was at 54 (presplit) that if it dropped to 51 he'd be buying it with both fists. :blink: Should be interesting to hear what George Washington and guests have to say!

the more i look at KRUDLOW & SCREAMER THE MORE THEY resemble a low rent ostentatious version of LOeb and Leopold--(those of you unfamiliar with that dashing couple can review a part of their lives as seen through Al Hitchcoks eyes in the movie The Rope)...I really believe that one day they will either occupy one of the fancier cells in leaading state penitentiary or swing from a modern version of the gallows--I dont know why i have this feeling ,but trust me--it will happen some day---

p.s/ i'm growing attached to their nightly hijinx and really pity them--like so many other things in a world run by an anarchical fed reserve they are out of control and will do themselves some harm one day--

:ph34r: :unsure: :blink: bdrech

Guest AssMaster
Might as well post this here. ?Maybe important.

Comments? ?Insults? ? :grin:

I think we go higher than that. My LOONG term target on gold is well above $1000 an oz.Problem is that the greenback might go to 40.

Well, this is just between now and around Dec. 2005. No history to guide after that. I guess it just goes pretty much up for a while along the upper trend line with occasional spikes and downdrafts. :blink:

Puts on C at mid-day, calls on XAU - got a good execution from a normally crappy, manipulating, high spread market maker. Just had to wait all day. Still mostly cash. Will hold through scam week or breakout/breakdown, whichever comes first.

Gotta love CALVF!

I have started several businesses in my lifetime, and I made a rule never to borrow to pay for operating expenses - just for equipement or things you could sell in a secondary market to buffer your losses. Good article our our liquidity miracle here: GM in deep trouble. At least GM has dodged this gas tax!

Great weekend, everyone. Hug your kids while you still got 'em!

LOU,

how long before others follow and eventually the govt steps in to "sponsor" or guarantee the peniosn bonds under the guise of "too big to fail" or keep spreads "low". this is step #1 in a predetermined outcome. mismanagement is rewarded. :huh:

this will free up cash so that GM can fill the trunk of each car sold with newly printed confetti. lots of talk from friends about a $25K tax break for purchase of gas guzzler over 6,000 LB gross weight? that should also be good for gas sales. how about tax break for homes over 4,000 SF if a portion used as home office? that would be good for energy sales, insurance premiums, home building, etc? how about a tax break for a love seat if purchased with an over-sized sofa? ahh, lets simplify it; how about a tax "holiday" for anybody buying a 4,000 SF home, a complete set of new furniture and parking a new Expedition in the 4-car garage :D

Archived