B4 the Bell, Moonday, July 12, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gold gettering hammered in Hong Kong trading. Silver following.

Could be another try after the knock down attempt during NY hours failed. Perhaps just a large player unloading positions at a certain price benchmark or trying to sell ahead of the crowd, by doing it overnight?

I consider my lack of an extensive criminal background to be my greatest handicap in being able to figure this stuff out. Right off hand, it appears to be the matrix needing to punish whoever was supporting the PM's earlier today. The matrix seems dead serious at not letting PM's be considered an alternative to their ponzi paper.

Guest Icky Twerp

B8,

I love ya, but I'm not convinced of that. Kerry has disavowed everything meaningful that would differentiate him from Bush. Kerry "might" appoint better Supreme Court Justices, by our lights. . . he might not totally eviscerate the middleclass with as much joie de vie as Bush, or crush the lower class, but will those kindnesses make a difference, in the IT, in the LT?

I'm not a gloomyas Hyper, or even Yobob, but I might be more gloomy than Soup -- but he's worried about stuff I still don't comprehend, so who's to say?

But I'm gloomy enough that I don't think any mealy mouthed, spineless, double-talking, cynical exploiters of idealism are going to do us any good. . .

If only Wellstone was still with us...he'd've been prez eventually as things got worse. . .now who is there, nobody. Certainly not that plutocrat Kerry.

What if they cancelled the election and nobody cared, because the only choice was Kerry? :shocked

Whoever is elected is bound to wear the can . . .

Trader F. H.

I figured Aug. would be the low in gold. I was going to buy last week, then they ramped it $10 overnight, so here I sit. Won't miss this one.

I figure Bushco hasn't given up yet, so they will keep smackin' it as long as they can. When the stock market run-up begins for the elections, they won't be able to keep gold down. Too much money pouring in.

Yeah, I've been wrong as recently as last week. Fade me.

B.S.

Icky - don't disagree. I think they murdered Wellstone, precisely because he was the last hope. The only elected official in Congress who did not take bribes and wasn't a millionaire. before he got there. I don't think Kerry is the beacon in the dark. But when the chit hits the fan, he will respond . He won't stand by while Barbara Boxer holds press conferences about what is not being done. He will govern more from the Left than the campaign indicates.

Trader F. H.

I figured Aug. would be the low in gold. I was going to buy last week, then they ramped it $10 overnight, so here I sit. Won't miss this one.

I figure Bushco hasn't given up yet, so they will keep smackin' it as long as they can. When the stock market run-up begins for the elections, they won't be able to keep gold down. Too much money pouring in.

Yeah, I've been wrong as recently as last week. Fade me.

B.S.

B.S.

Here's something to consider. It's an Elliott wave count on Gold. I usually post at least once, late at night, on Goldbugs.

MACD histogram shows a weakening trend. Stochastics may be ready to roll over.

Patience may be rewarded. We're near the top of the trading range. Why not wait for a break of 410 or watch the potential decline for a safer entry?

post-20-1089696577_thumb.png

B8, I think they murdered Wellstone too. btw, are you moving to Canada?

If there was an act of terrorism involving bugs like a new generation small pox, weaponized brucella, or somthing similar, the elections could be cancelled without protest, as a red alert entails govt powers to quarantine. But these guys have so many enemies who are trained to spy and intercede it'll be tough for anyone to pull anything off domestically.

There may be a real threat from outside the country, but Osama? Nah....He got what he wanted, a withdrawal of U.S. troops, a shakeup of the royal family and a probably downfall. The U.S will collapse under the weight of it's own militarism, given a little time, like all empires. It's like the British empire on steroids and in a roid rage. It's too bad, because the bulk of Americans aren't violent people and seem to have a real respect for freedom. Soldiers are always horrified when they find out the war in Iraq has little to do with freedom.

It's kind of like karate or judo--you let your enemy's own energy do himself in.

Damn Bearvest, You're absoutely right. Sheesh! Looks like a top.

I've been able to be patient. More patience is called for.

Mucho tanks, my man.

B.S.

B.S.

No guarantees that I'm right.

But this is a great place for the interchange of ideas.

Watch closely. There are some great traders here. But nothing counts more than your own ability to sift through the conflicting ideas, the development of your own trading strategy, and your own money management plan.

Best wishes.

I know this is not going to be poop-ular but, I will by August calls if we break above the blue line on an hourly close. (10:30,11:30...etc).

If we break higher here as I strongly suspect my target is 1240-1330 by end September/early October, then a brief consolidation followed by a final push higher that should fizzle out early into the New Year.

As of the close yesterday I am now position long for the first time in quite a while and looking to add on a confirmed breakout.

Gold gettering hammered in Hong Kong trading. Silver following.

Could be another try after the knock down attempt during NY hours failed. Perhaps just a large player unloading positions at a certain price benchmark or trying to sell ahead of the crowd, by doing it overnight?

Friday was 60 days from the May 10th lows in the metals and a natural time period for a short term change of trend. Buying opportunity coming up. Nothing goes straight up. And the American people don't riot as long as they have gasoline for their cars food on the table and a couple of bucks for a 3 dollar t-shirt at Wal-Mart.

Archived