Weak End B4 The Bell

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The economic problems in the U.S. will curtail military endeavors. That will be the natural check and balance. There won't be enough in the way of real economic substance left in the country to bankroll this nonsense. The dept of defense will become just that and no more. So there is a bit of a silver lining here. Many of you probably live in cities where you're seeing the worst of humanity already. The future will not be an extrapolation or exxageration of the present, in this regard. I think, or at least hope, that urbanites will be forced to cooperate to survive. It's going to be a big surprise to many how WELL this storm will be weathered.

Americans are uniquely suited by temperment to get through adversity. Think about what your ancestors went through to get to the new world. After they arrived they lived in sod huts, ate raw oatmeal, (if they were lucky) and entire families shared one pair of shoes. They didn't even own toothbrushes of dental floss, for God's sakes --and yet they smiled through it all.

Bareister, Remind them of the siege of Stalingrad and how tough people can be, please.

You're just going to take a little trip down misery lane to end up in a happier more stable third world kind of place. That's all. You can always emigrate to Saudi Arabia North and move in with Hyper tiger, the Canadian cultural attache, if it's too harsh. :grin:

Ok, I watched Condi..... that's it????

unspectacular

Seemed quite brief and samo samo to me.

Still same points that have already been discounted elsewhere.

<<yawn>>

dodge, dodge, dodge ... and I dont mean cars.

This is going to be an ugly election.

But on the bright side, the internet will help people find information.

then too, it will distract the sheeple so when the HyperCrash comes,

they won't have suffered prematurely.

Go quietly into that dark night.........

Hope I got enuf gold and silver stocks. Maybe time to look for metal.

I have some VGR for dividends, IDCC is my tech play, NGAS, etc.

I still have a large account (like 401k) in the hands of the govt that I

can turn into and annuity, leave it as is, or move to IRA and invest there.

Any ideas on what would be best? money management?

Sherlock

fair value numbers are spoo's-1103.46-NazDuck-1414.98-futures currently on a rocket ride up over fair value-little early for a jam! ;)

Last Thur they were sending a message. Jam the futures all night and then a wire to wire rally the next day sure smelled of a government operation to me. You think that da boyz ran this thing up for a whole year to let it fall apart now and get their man in the White House tossed on his pointed head?

Fukui-san calls it quits:

Report: Japan Ends Currency Intervention

Or maybe not:

Japan: Intervention Policy Will Continue

I report, you decide.....

"Even if the market shows volatility, we believe that things are not so fragile now," the BOJ sources said, in what the paper describes as an exclusive briefing.

The Times of London is the only paper that has reported this as fact, but it does not seem likely that a very substantial and long term endevor by the consensus building Japanese will be overturned overnight by one BOJ official. Or in other words, it is very hard to envision the Japanese almost totally giving up on intervention. It is possible that the Japanese may withdraw from some US bond auctions as a protest - and they could put their new dollars temporarily somewhere else.

Conti Rice - she had her chance for a strong counter-punch but delivered only policy lines. Also, when discussing Clinton policy, seemed to have completely forgotten the agressive but failed cruise missle attack on OBL in Afghansitan in 1999.

fair value numbers are spoo's-1103.46-NazDuck-1414.98-futures currently on a rocket ride up over fair value-little early for a jam! ;)

Last Thur they were sending a message. Jam the futures all night and then a wire to wire rally the next day sure smelled of a government operation to me. You think that da boyz ran this thing up for a whole year to let it fall apart now and get their man in the White House tossed on his pointed head?

The problem has always been that they started it to early. A decline into summer from here or May and then a rally into the elections makes logical sense. The market is not logical however. :wink2:

The problem has always been that they started it to early. A decline into summer from here or May and then a rally into the elections makes logical sense. The market is not logical however. :wink2:

I think that da boyz can't risk a correction -- at least they sure as heck don't want to have to keep covering the same territory. Probably much more demanding of their resouces to force a turn back up than it is to just keep jamming it higher. Just think back to how every weakness over the last year was answered with unrelenting jamming -- and even some plug pulling. These guys are playing for keeps. It is deadly serious and critical for them to keep the market up.

Hope I got enuf gold and silver stocks. Maybe time to look for metal.

I have some VGR for dividends, IDCC is my tech play, NGAS, etc.

I still have a large account (like 401k) in the hands of the govt that I

can turn into and annuity, leave it as is, or move to IRA and invest there.

Any ideas on what would be best? money management?

Sherlock

Most likely, unless you are lucky, you would better off deciding your own investment allocations.

Are you talking about the Thrift Savings Plan? If so, depending on your outlook and needs for funds, you may want to keep some portion in the Government fund that earns a high rate of interest.

As for myself, I would withdraw as much as possible until it pushed me into a higher tax bracket. You might want to spread the withdrawals over a period of years. If you are less than 59.5, you would almost have to take your payment as an annuity to avoid penalty taxes.

I am a pessimist, so I look at what investments will survive a market or currency crash. That looks to me like precious metals, energy, pipelines, other natural resource and basic food product companies, a few public utilities stocks - and partnerships/trusts organized to hold commodities and not actively trade them.

Archived