B$ The Bell, Moonday, Feb 2

N-Ron that downdraft was because Shrub was on Crapvision babbling about cutting the deffycit in 1/2-all he needed was a beanie with a proppeller on his head. ;)

Thanks. Just another reminder why I can't watch crapvision, or any teevee really. The shows, the ads, all of it blends to create/promote the false reality illusion, and then it is used to push the already brainwashed-in emotional buttons of the viewers, which in turn supports and builds on the pre-designed false reality, and the cycle repeats and repeats and ... If I watch, I end up enraged.

A prop-top beanie cap would work perfectly, as a point of style, for shrub. Perhaps Hooked On Phonics gives him too much credit. Rather, shrub must have lost his Barney the Dinosaur sing-along record, the version that comes with 10 lines of cocaine included! Now, shrub losing that would be a real national emergency.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short ideas:

RCL & CCL are cooked right here.

The recent pop for both was due to RCL's claim of strong forward bookings (to counterbalance their 3 cent earnings shortfall). It was BS - and these things are stalling right here.

Also checkout AVE...which has more unfilled gaps than you can count.

That was lame. Closed out at 10435, which after commissions, was a trivial profit of just a few Bonars. I was expecting (i.e. hoping for ;) ) a stronger stick-save pop over the last half hour.

Gotta run. Hope to check back in here this evening, if I am able. Take care, everyone.

Some earnings after the bell

ATN AFL AMX ARRY ATAR AVNX AVL COA CYAN DNB EDMC WIRE EY RE FMC GTY GSS HYDL INCY IRGI SYXI JCOM JP KRC MTLM NFS NETM OIS ONNN OMI PPDI PBI PSIT DSS RTEC SRA SOHU SFN SRX PFG TUTS UFPI VMC

I'vev made some comments regarding the supposed reserves in oil and NG mostly relating to my WAG that they are most likely overstated by the energy companies because it helps pump up their balance sheets. Well lookey here:

DALLAS (CBS.MW) -- El Paso Corp. said it expects to sharply reduce its proven reserve estimates for year-end 2003 as soon as it completes an internal review.

In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission Monday, the Houston-based pipeline company and natural gas producer (EP: news, chart, profile) said that production shortfalls, notably in the South Texas region, and a sharp rise in natural gas prices were behind the revision.

Story

I would be wary of the same thing with mining companies. I suspect that some of these mines have been high-graded to survive the low price years, meaning the cost per ounce of production will likely climb as they shift to lower grade ore.

Thanks.  Just another reminder why I can't watch crapvision, or any teevee really.  The shows, the ads, all of it blends to create/promote the false reality illusion, and then it is used to push the already brainwashed-in emotional buttons of the viewers, which in turn supports and builds on the pre-designed false reality, and the cycle repeats and repeats and ...  If I watch, I end up enraged.

A prop-top beanie cap would work perfectly, as a point of style, for shrub.  Perhaps Hooked On Phonics gives him too much credit.  Rather, shrub must have lost his Barney the Dinosaur sing-along record, the version that comes with 10 lines of cocaine included!  Now, shrub losing that would be a real national emergency.

On the contrary htere is no better place for getting a running start for understanding this society than multi-million dollar tv ads--The anount of research by sociological oriented marketeers creates a goldmine of insight as to where the social-economy is going--

The specifics I leave for you to enjoy but generally speaking have you ever seen so much DISSApPOINTMENT EXPRESSED IN SO many ads:Geico,Budweisser,especially theone where a horse blows a fiery nuclear sized fart right in the face of an unbearably heart-melting be-ermined blonde,her clean,clear eyed gestalt turned into a sh*t stained coalminer's horror-

To whom are these ads appealing if not to the beer zhlawking herds of the permanetlly unemployed commbined with recemtly impoverished middle classs retirees???

These madison avenue goons know exactly what they are doing and it would be foolish to not take advantage of their exertions---

beardrech-- :ph34r: :cry: A newprogram for the new season--a quiz show sponsored by Abduool the Camel Dealer entitled ,"You Bet Your Ass'-----

just as one lawyer is worth one hundred social workers so are three well turned ad worth one hundred sociologists--

ppps did you notice the unartistic and inane most of the ads on superballs were--the budgets must have been cut in half

Not complaining, mind you., just the facts that one has to accept. We all know the sno shoud be south of 500 and gold should be well north of 1000. However the lust for power is intoxicating that the statists will continue to chop down the walls of the house to heat the house.

Archived