Making 65 cents, spending a buck

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$1,000 gold is no longer a surprise or shock to anyone

will $2,000 gold be a shock?

will we say oh my I cannot believe that?

I don't think so

will we say we're shocked when it prints $3,000?

or $5,000?

will we desire to short it at $7,500?

I doubt it

anything under $10,000 seems dirt cheap to me in the big picture

I would not at all be surprised to see it run smoothly from $20,000 to $30,000 and spike-top somewhere in the mid $40,000 per oz. range before we get a big correction

those who sold under $10,000 per oz. will be kickin' themselves in the arse

Let's see if Cap'n Rif'n can power his slag heap up & out of this jackpot tomorrow.

post-928-1247621367_thumb.png

There's an inverse H&S on the hourly that looks like it was drawn by a drunk on a beer napkin. That target was hit today. I guess, mostly.

big.chart?symb=rifin&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=200&uf=0&lf=32&lf2=256&lf3=4&type=4&size=3&state=11&sid=3474455&style=320&time=18&freq=8&comp=NO_SYMBOL_CHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=8585&mocktick=1

IMHO failure to reclaim the 50MA above 630 this week is gonna leave them 4th and long, with no timeouts.

I'm having trouble drawing any significant distinction between the delinquents "owning" their crapboxes, i.e., renting them from the mrotgouge conpany and taxman, vs. now renting directly form the almighty gov't (from whom all good things come and on which we are totally dependent) butt anyway they'll probably stiff Uncle Sam too so he'll have to collect more from your paycheck to cover that scam too

IMO -

Renting a crap box cost less than renting the money to "buy" a crap box.

Rent is tied to wages, not on the level of available credit fraud.

I received an ARM, interest only (one option), solicitation from a major company today. Various types. I had thought people got off the crack.

If the idea is to get people to sign up for that stuff to jump start the housing market, I'd posit the idea that seems set from our current situation: reduction of the minimum wage. If one reduced the basic cost of employing people, the US might become more competitive.

But the real problem is the huge amount of debt that exists world wide from every avenue: governmental, and on down to the individual. The government is so indebted that it doesn't want the individual to fail because the government needs tax payers.

I read tonight that the BOJ plans to continue to buy corporate bonds. That's like US doing various bailouts. The system is not supporting itself other than by "quantitiative easing" (money printing) and that's world wide. More importantly, the system is not teaching itself to be smart. Getting rid of leverage would be shocking. Perchance, in a new world, you couldn't have a margin account with outstanding debts. For example, you couldn't have a margin account as a company or individual if you owed money to anyone. I don't expect that to happen which is the problem because the system is built on lending versus smart production.

I received an ARM, interest only (one option), solicitation from a major company today. Various types. I had thought people got off the crack.

If the idea is to get people to sign up for that stuff to jump start the housing market, I'd posit the idea that seems set from our current situation: reduction of the minimum wage. If one reduced the basic cost of employing people, the US might become more competitive.

But the real problem is the huge amount of debt that exists world wide from every avenue: governmental, and on down to the individual. The government is so indebted that it doesn't want the individual to fail because the government needs tax payers.

I read tonight that the BOJ plans to continue to buy corporate bonds. That's like US doing various bailouts. The system is not supporting itself other than by "quantitiative easing" (money printing) and that's world wide. More importantly, the system is not teaching itself to be smart. Getting rid of leverage would be shocking. Perchance, in a new world, you couldn't have a margin account with outstanding debts. For example, you couldn't have a margin account as a company or individual if you owed money to anyone. I don't expect that to happen which is the problem because the system is built on lending versus smart production.

Smart production...

Where do I get the cash to setup a factory?

How do I buy the machinery?

Debt is not the problem. The problem is misallocation of crapital, borrowed or otherwise.

Archived