World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Mixed messages

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for posterity I want to note that this afternoon the NY Times officially began the war for  the end of 'normalization'. Then will come the war for more QE,  I know nobody else will see it that way.

I have no idea if the links will work now or ever

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/02/business/stock-market-interest-rates.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Here is how the sub headlines read.

• U.S. stocks ended their worst week in two years, as investors worried about rising interest rates.
  • The catalyst for Friday’s fall appeared to be a report that showed the strong United States economy might finally be translating into rising wages for American workers.

The latter is fresh meat for Democrats to call for 'ease'.  Of course everybody else is for 'ease' too.

NYT: "But what is really worrying investors is that the fuel behind this stock market boom, namely cheap money from global central banks, may disappear sooner than they thought."

Well fucking Duh. Not like nobody saw this coming. I've been warning for a couple years. Even the timing was obvious. The Fed and its cohorts send out the schedule for everybody to see.

Archived