Bears get weak end a day early

You can always tell when the braying jackasses on crapvision are caught on the wrong side of tape when every single one of them start saying buy Clorox, P&G and J&J,,,,,

Tomorrows gonna have a lot of motion....jobs then manufacturing a half hour after the open. Two potential catalysts to ream some bears. Have one short position open and closed out the two put plays. I'm looking to dong the SPY at 1020ish as someone else mentioned.

I that fails............

One thing that smells worse then PT1's feet was the Squid's downgrade of the jobs number from -200k to -250k half way through the day today.......I've become so cynical following this freak show for so long, there has to be some motive for the Corleone Family to pitch this to cnbs and I don't think it's to screw bulls.

After the the bull's work off some silliness, back to shorting. 10,000 may very well be the electric dog fence.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The consumer needs more bailouts...

Consumer spending spiked on cash-for-clunkers auto purchases as personal consumption expenditures surged 1.3 percent in August, following a 0.3 percent rise in July.

September domestic-made sales came in at a 6.7 million annual rate vs. August's stimulus-boosted 10.1 million

GM + Chrysler in trouble again ?

Ford was first off the mark, reporting its U.S. auto sales for September dropped 5.1% to 114,655 vehicles from 116,734 a year ago

GM U.S. Sept. sales drop 45% to 156,673 vehicles

Chrysler U.S. Sept. sales drop 42.1% to 62,197

I tink da boyz is shawt.

Radio Free Wall Street 10/1/09

Lee Adler and Russ Winter discuss the criminal conspiracy, market distortion, and whether the conspirators are ready to take it down, along with the usual scathing criticism of the mainstream financial media and pundits. You won’t want to miss this one. Sparks fly.

Not a subscriber? Click here to hear a free excerpt.

To subscribe and hear this podcast right now, click here!

audio_mp3_button.png Radio Free Wall Street Podcast 10/0109 [40:06m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (5)

Subscribers, click player to start.

Listen to any podcast prior to April 22, 2009. Click here for archive. Be surprised!

This chart is discussed in today’s podcast.

gas.png

Someone the other day asked me to bring back my "Angry Baby" avatar

I said, NO NO NO, because it might cause the market to crash

Now we can see that even the mention of the Angry Baby avatar can do serious damage

Fear the Angry Baby

OOO-FAA

post-6859-1254440479.gif

Business, Poker & Trading

by admin on October 1, 2009

in Essays/Reports/Articles

Share Your Thoughts

Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com, is writing a book titled: Everything I Know About Business I Learned From Poker. Here are some of his notes in bullet-point form with my own trading-related comments thrown in. …

EVALUATING MARKET OPPORTUNITIES

• Table selection is the most important decision you can make.

I could not agree more. There are many ways to trade. The key is to find something that jives with your personality, focus on it, get good at it and do it over and over. This takes a bit of experimenting, and is without a doubt the first major decision you as a trader need to make. What trading table will I sit at?

http://leavittbrothers.com/blog/?p=1955

Still looking for a day where the market tanks AND treasuries and the dollar tanks, while commodities go up. That's when we know that OUR party has resumed. And resume it will, but when?....

I still think bonds might rally to the moon before their decent to hell.....

TNX in the mid to low 2's again?Even 1's not out of the question if it gets REAL ugly for the markets....Or I might be wayyyyy off base.

Still think it's early to short treasuries :unsure: :ninja: BWTFDIK???

FWIW I think corporate paper and junk bonds have topped :unsure:

The only way that Treasury yields will drop into the 2s would be to get the stock market to crash.

I would not put it past them.

Disparate times call for disparate measures.

And desperate times, too.

"The only way that Treasury yields will drop into the 2s would be to get the stock market to crash.

Disparate times call for disparate measures. "

Technically,were only 20 bp away from "the 2's" :lol:

But low 2's would take some work.....

The only way that Treasury yields will drop into the 2s would be to get the stock market to crash.

Disparate times call for disparate measures.

And desperate times, too.

Yeah, when Ron Paul and the idea of ending the Fed start getting a lot of attention, Da Boyz sure have ways of distracting people's attention. U might think that a big market decline would make people become more enamored of the idea of ending the Fed. However, the most powerful ways of influencing people are methods where the propagandist does not have to worry about folks drawing logical conclusions. Because the most powerful methods consist of getting folks so emotionally upset that the logical part of their brain is turned to the off position, while fear or rage runs wild. The folks who had dreams of turning their 201K's back into 401K's in the near future are going to be pretty distressed if this keeps going on.

Archived