Internuts Engulfed by Sellers

I can't keep up with that sector rotation stuff.

But the way I see it a lot of the money flow is always in one direction -- from the public buying stocks that they end up stuck with, to the insiders selling stocks they got almost for free with options.

Large corporations have become the biggest thieves in the world..

Look at almost any large public corporate balance sheet and you'll most likely find a number that keeps getting bigger and bigger...Treasury Stock..some of the companies spend almost all of their net income buying back stock on the open market so they can give it away to the officers, while the net equity of the company barely grows from quarter to quarter..

Here's a CLASSIC example of what I'm talking about..look at IBM's Balance Sheet and notice how the Treasury Stock has increased by $5 Billion while Net Shareholder Equity has shown basicly no growth over the last year..

It is criminal stealing from the public and it should be stopped..Get Spitzer on this one.. :lol:

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

37 million Lotto Balls were exchanged on GOOG today.

That's double yesterday's record volume.

And triple a good day a week ago.

Yet the stock went nowhere.

We'll soon find out who the suckers are................

Would be funny to see a $45 price drop on 85 million shares traded.

If that happened it would be an Epic Transfer of Wealth.

post-7-1098490316.gif

hiya Doc !! Good to be back. Been super-busy with mining, land deals, and other stuff. It felt like "this is it" to me, so I logged back on...gonna do some put-work this coming week...

Seems to me like all the "planets" are in alignment this winter....

Shorty, good perspective on the numbers, search-engine values.

Doc, google doesn't have quite as many "fans" as it once had :D

The recent spectacle of Google-founders dancing around India hiring replacements for the USA slash-dot crowd, did not go over too well methinks... :D

Also, they became a dishonest search provider last year. I made note of it here at the time...

Lately, their manipulation of "news" has been blatantly overt.

If you brought up the google-news "business" headines page today, you may've been shocked to see that OVER HALF of all headlines were FOUR DAYS out of date. Yup, they were almost all from the 18th...listing gems like this one as "news"...

"Oil drops back below 55...stocks rise"

uh-huh....

Google is one of the "players" now....part of the machine....the big bullhorning PA system in the sky... :D

I understand their value to Doc in a business sense, but I don't trust them any more than I do GE or MSFT.

psyche: that's no lady...that's my wife! :D :D She's a modern dancer and choreographer. Also drives Cat, loader, runs a 24-foot Trommel washplant, and does oxy-acetelyne cutting. But right this minute, she's whipping up a FINE pot-roast on the woodstove... :D

The transfer of wealth has already happened.

The suckers are right now holding shares of stock.

The sharpies have their cash.

And they're not gonna give it back.

Agreed Dozer

The election is lost in any case. Unless they can manufacture a miracle rally next week I cant see the Repubs having a hope.

The dollars continued implosion is amazing. No intervention as they seem to be totally complacent with what could certainly cause a crash. Foreigners who have a substantial piece of the mountain of lies must be very very unhappy with the double whammy they experienced this week. I suspect a huge exodus out of Eurodollars if the carnage continues. Ted Spread under close watch as are the Eurodollars.

I just had a gander at Eurodollar puts and I must say I was blown away by the lack of premium being charged out 6 months and more. The ED trades in a very narrow range historically. However, should a dislocation in the US markets make an appearance I suspect history will repeat and the ED will become very volatile.

The truck will be backed up on Monday.

If I recall correctly, the dollar was tanking in 1987 before the crash, even as short-term rates were being hiked.

Same as 2004.

where is everyone???

We have the bulls by their bloody big testicles....the world as we have known it is going to change forever.....time to press home the advantage bears...the bulls have no hand...they have been bluffing for ages...we have called their bluff.... ;)

Everyone is tired.

I feel like I've been playing two a day football practice in August, like in High School.

Bear one day.

Bull the next day.

Bear the next day.

I got shanked out of my Supermodel longs.

And my shorts (JPM, FRE, KBH, RYL) went nowhere today.

GOOG continues to trade in a circle, going nowhere today and AH.

Should have shorted the DIA in January and just held on...............

But in a Greenspammed market, who has the patience???

The market is just taking everyone's money.

Checkout the number they did on FPL today. They warned - since half of their customers were hit by hurricanes, and they need to rebuild a good chunk of their infrastructure...yet the stock was ramped to shake off the shorts...but It is ready for a swan dive on Monday.

http://139.142.147.26/GifChartEngine.dll?i...refreshrate=180

YELL was fun today.

I said this in the after hours yesterday:

Blow off top

EBAY over 100

GOOG over 159

Nearly every GOOG trade on the island is for 100 shares...total BS

crash alert.

I nearly pulled the trigger to short GOOG today, but decided against it.

I think we see an epic GOOG collapse on Monday, and the rest of the market goes right along with it.

Lately, their manipulation of "news" has been blatantly overt.

If you brought up the google-news "business" headines page today, you may've been shocked to see that OVER HALF of all headlines were FOUR DAYS out of date. Yup, they were almost all from the 18th...listing gems like this one as "news"...

I don't know Dozer. I tried it and all the stories that came up were current. Here's the link. http://news.google.com/?ned=us&topic=b

I use their news page a lot. I like it. They have a gazillion sources from the entire world.

Which changes nothing in regard to the stock. It's a mania cult stock that will eventually come back to earth. God knows when "eventually" is. Today certainly had the earmarks of a blowoff. We'll see.

That's an interesting issue. When do cult stocks flame out. Somebody brought up KKD last night. There's a case of a cult stock that was overwhelmed by the anti-cult, or perhaps we should say the counter cults of Atkins and South Beach. I saw that coming a mile away. Well, ok, it was 18 months ago when I went on Atkins. You could see that one coming. For ebay, there will be a catalyst, and for GOOG to, but what will those catalysts be? Interesting to think about.

hi Doc,

I was talking about during the day...while the markets were open.

I'm not mistaken on this one Doc...Robin and I were so disgusted that we counted them...it was around noon pacific. Over half were way out of date...and they were all positive headlines. i.e. misleading.

I never said it wasn't still -useful-, I'm just saying that they are no longer -honest-. Something one has to keep in mind when using it...

...and for fun....another of Lady Dozer...keeping her skills sharp... :D

(that's a fellow miner sitting in the background, not me)

Archived