5 Step Rally Process

Anything that is needed and and has cartel control like oil and food has pricing power...

What if not enough debt is created and distributed to the population? I guess people will starve or eat less...and Computer chips don't have any nutritional value...

Eventually the commodities will collapse also...

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The End How did that dow story go that since 1896 when the

dow makes a lower low in the first Q .it will be a down year. TIA

Bears can dream :lol:

I guess records are made to be broken. It was a fact and alot of historical stuff is being tossed. You got me. Maybe this is a new bull market. I doubt it though.

Soup says:

It is the outright theft of savings to bail out the ignorant and irresponsible. It is a system that has gone to hell.

You mean the tax cut for the rich, the slave factories for the multinationals, or perhaps the government contracts for the campaign donors? You know, the poor.

The American poor are treated worse than in any other European nation. The mercy you have, is the mercy you shall recieve.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (Reuters) - California's Senate approved on Friday a plan backed by California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to cover the state's growing deficit with a record $15 billion bond measure."

why not? worked for GM ! :P

also read that Pittsburgh is filing for bankruptcy. First of many I think. Just wondering how thick and fast they'll come...

Talk about spin on this story:

GM Nearly Closes Pension Gap

To the casual reader it might sound as if GM has solved its pension problem - that is if the market stays up - but all they've done is borrowed extremely heavily to ensure the pensioners get their retirement money. The shareholders of the future are going to be the bagholders, guaranteed. Borrowing from future shareholders to help secure their own retirement. What's so positive about that?

Moreover, the paragraph that struck me as very weird is this one:

GM said it hopes to cut the volatility in the annual returns on its pension plan assets, which totaled $67.3 billion at the end of 2002, by diverting a portion of the investments from U.S. stocks into emerging market debt, high-yield bonds, real estate and other assets.

How does diversifying into higher risk categories of investments help cut volatility? I call it looking for higher returns and hoping like hell that the market doesn't tank.

Pittsburgh's financial situation may be representative of other Rust Belt cities, perhaps, but I wouldn't necessarily take it as a proxy for cities nationwide. Pittsburgh has some circumstances that most cities don't have nearly as bad, like an extremely aged infrastructure, hilly terrain (winter cleanup is expensive), extremely aged population, a multitude of institutions within city limits that are exempt from city taxes, little leverage with the state legislature to levy a commuter tax on suburbanites who work in the city, etc. etc. Not that other cities don't have these sorts of things, I just believe that Pittsburgh has them all a shade or more worse. Plus the yuppy flight to the burbs has been something to behold in the last 30 years.

anyway, I just had a crazy thought...is this market smelling out a Chinese Yuan revaluation? I know, I know, markets don't do that sort of thing, but I wonder...maybe this bum rush stops when the Yuan gets revalued, maybe sometime in 2004? I guess the logic is that this will somehow wind up being good for the US manufacturing economy, and once it comes to pass, sell the news.

also noticed that the D10k thing made the cover of the Pittsburgh fishwrap today...that kind of thing happens at tops.....just like the picture of the grief-stricken floor trader with head in hands appears on the front page of the rag at bottoms............

Nat Gas rises nearly 50% since Thanksgiving

... Oppenheimer & Company senior energy anal cyst Fadel Gheit said natural gas price levels and volatility don't seem consistent with market fundamentals.

``I would like to see (New York Attorney General) Elliott Spitzer take a closer look at the market,'' Gheit said, adding that residential and industrial consumers are paying more for no good reason. ``Gas prices in my view should not be at $7,'' Gheit said. ``There is no supply shortage.''

A bit of Frank Zappa. Off the You are what you is album.

You say there ain?t no use in livin?

It?s all a waste of time

?n you wanna throw your life away, well

People that?s just fine

Go ahead on ?n get it over with then

Find you a bridge ?n take a jump

Just make sure you do it right the first time

?cause nothin?s worse than a suicide

Chump

You say there ain?t no light a-shinin?

Through the bushes up ahead

?n we?re all gonna be so sorry