SPX now up 18 of the last 22 days

TXN calling a bottom,but closing 2 plants and guiding much lower....Really?

These games are getting more f*cked up by the day,stock get bid up AH because they are dumping another 1k employees.

Shares of Texas Instruments Inc. rose in after-hours trading on Monday after the chip giant reported better-than-expected revenues, and its chief executive called the bottom of the downturn.

The company’s earnings included 16 cents a share in charges related to its acquisition of National Semiconductor and 7 cents a share related to the closure of two factories.

anal cysts had expected the Dallas-based chip company to post earnings of 39 cents a share, on revenue of $3.25 billion, according to a consensus survey by Thomson Reuters.

For the current quarter, TI said it expects revenue in the range of $3.02 billion to $3.28 billion, and earnings in the range of 16 cents a share to 24 cents a share.

anal cysts were expecting earnings of 41 cents a share, on revenue of $3.23 billion, according to data from Thomson Reuters.

http://www.marketwat...?dist=afterbell

They bought National Semiconductor. I forgot about that. I've always liked National for their work with audio chips. My computer audio goes out to an LM4780 stereo amplifier. 60 watts per channel. I built a set of custom speakers with Vifa drivers from Denmark. Sounds fabulous. It really makes a computing experience fully whole.

I sure hope TXN doesn't fark with that branch of National's business. I'd be depressed.

I haven't done a project in awhile so I haven't paid attention.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next on deck.....

PORTUGAL

Fears Mount That Portugal Will Need a Second Bailout

"Bondholders must surely realize that Portugal has very little realistic prospect of paying back its debts in full," said Michael Derks, chief strategist at global foreign-exchange broker FxPro. "Discussions will commence regarding the size of haircuts that Portuguese bondholders might need to take," he added. "Some suggest it could be up to one-third. Right now, that seems like the best-case scenario."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203806504577178911281720928.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Archived