B4 The Bell Wednesday March 17

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who gives their money to all these buybots.....I wouldn't trust a robot with my money.......

Captain, robots out of control

Post FOMC Feed Total Money Value of Operation (in $bil.) 4.750

Nothing unusual, main trend is declining Fed liquidity - while BOJ liquidity is still very strong.

Who gives their money to all these buybots.....I wouldn't trust a robot with my money.......

Captain, robots out of control

Post FOMC Feed Total Money Value of Operation (in $bil.) 4.750

Nothing unusual, main trend is declining Fed liquidity - while BOJ liquidity is still very strong.

Tanks Hiding Bear!

Brian4, fxfox and kwave both are at the edge their seat waiting for CAN$ to drop further against the $. A while back (several months) you mentioned that you were now firmly in the CAN $ and out of US $ for the most part (I maybe wrong but that's what I remember). I was wondering what your thoughts are on the CAN$ vs. US$ these days.

Are you long CAN$?

Consumer prices rise by 0.3 percent in February

By Jeannine Aversa

Associated Press

03/17/2004

WASHINGTON (AP) --Consumer prices rose by a modest 0.3 percent in February as high energy costs continued to hit the pocketbooks of drivers filling up at the pump and people heating their homes.

The increase in the Consumer Price Index, the government's most closely watched inflation measure, however, marked a slowdown from the 0.5 percent jump registered in January, the Labor Department reported Wednesday.

Excluding energy and food costs, "core" consumer prices rose by just 0.2 percent in February for the second month in a row. That suggested the prices for many goods and services were fairly stable.

Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan and his colleagues said inflation is not a problem for the economy. That's one of the main reason why Fed policy-makers have leeway to hold short-term interest rates at a 45-year low of 1 percent, as they did on Tuesday.

"With inflation quite low and resource use slack, the committee believes that it can be patient in removing its policy accommodation," the Fed said. Some private economists viewed that language, along with the Fed's concerns about slow job growth, as meaning Fed policy-makers may not move to raise rates until 2005. Short-term rates have been at 1 percent since June.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/business/...ent+in+February

Archived