FOMC HedgeFund Meeting: Coming Up

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At 9.29 a.m., Reuters reported that U.S. investigators have found instances of Fannie Mae employees falsifying signatures on accounting ledgers and making changes in earnings-related records without following proper procedures.

The story seems to have been disappeared.  I have looked at Reuters website and Yahoo financial news and can find nothing.

That story is correct.

I heard it on Bloomberg Radio on the way back from my lunch meeting today....

Surprised that the story has suddenly disappeared.

Classic Matrix Media Management.........

Brisbane:

You might want to reload some shorts on the "Orbs" right around here.

Ideally, its good to short after the market has bonered up for 4 consecutive days, or has had 4 days of consolidation that fails to break out.

Then you can cover after 4 days of declines, and wait to see what happens.........

Brazil and Argentina have gotten killed the last few days.............

Orbs may be next.........

w?s=^AORD

My ongoing real estate saga:

This morning I was startled to find a new listing for a condo not far from mine. It has essentially the same square footage, 1368, but they have 3 bedrooms vs. my humble 2. They are on the top floor of a 3 story building so they have a "view". I have no view, but mine is a townhome with two nice patios. They have a newer building.

They are asking $1,088,000

Unbelievable. My solid $749M is probably $849M. I've started to look for a rental and will try to put my place on the market next week.

I'll keep you posted.

I'm probably early....but who knows.

$1,088,000 for a fornicateing condo.

My ongoing real estate saga:

This morning I was startled to find a new listing for a condo not far from mine. It has essentially the same square footage, 1368, but they have 3 bedrooms vs. my humble 2. They are on the top floor of a 3 story building so they have a "view". I have no view, but mine is a townhome with two nice patios. They have a newer building.

They are asking $1,088,000

Unbelievable. My solid $749M is probably $849M. I've started to look for a rental and will try to put my place on the market next week.

I'll keep you posted.

I'm probably early....but who knows.

$1,088,000 for a fornicateing condo.

Tig, at the Sierra Towers on Sunset Blvd at the border of Beverly Hills the units on the upper floors with views of LA are going for $1,000 a square foot :o

Makes my $635 seem positively a steal :lol:

family friends paid high 5s ($580k) for a house 15 months ago now cant get low 4s($420k)...

the original seller must have been high fiving ever since...that would be a funny gag if it wasn't so serious.. :angry:

I'm just curious what their down payment was. Any idea?

Shorty,

No idea.

These people have had the worst run of luck of anyone I have ever known.

They had been renting for 4 yrs since migrating from another Country,then they fell into the oldest trap in the book,they actually believed that if they didn't buy a house when they did they would never be able to afford one.

Cruel trick that many people fall for,especially young people.

Thats how the developers work with their Postcard perfect view of "family" life...tree lined boulevardes,lakes and people picnicing amongst the kite flying public...and people buy it hook ,line and sinker...usually a $100k over the right price to boot.

Shorty,

No idea.

These people have had the worst run of luck of anyone I have ever known.

They had been renting for 4 yrs since migrating from another Country,then they fell into the oldest trap in the book,they actually believed that if they didn't buy a house when they did they would never be able to afford one.

Cruel trick that many people fall for,especially young people.

Thats how the developers work with their Postcard perfect view of "family" life...tree lined boulevardes,lakes and people picnicing amongst the kite flying public...and people buy it hook ,line and sinker...usually a $100k over the right price to boot.

When I make dumb decisions, I don't call it luck.

FTM,

These guys have done nothing different from virtually anyone else,yet they know that they are in serious trouble....maybe they are just the first of thousands who are going to be slaughtered.

The nonsense going on in the US at the moment is no different to what happened here 12 - 18 months ago...a final frenzy blow off top....

When the music stops,its pretty fugly...or what appeared to be a good decision wasn't...

I'm looking at the most awesome chart I've seen in a long time, but I can't post it, sorry

It's a 100 year chart of the inflation adjusted CRB

Even with the dramatic rise weve seen lately, we're still around the 1930's depression levels.... UFB

I've made a very crude representation of the chart so you can see what i mean

Cheap energy and associated mechanical advantage- diesel/gasoline engine makes mining easy.

I'm looking at the most awesome chart I've seen in a long time, but I can't post it, sorry

It's a 100 year chart of the inflation adjusted CRB

Even with the dramatic rise weve seen lately, we're still around the 1930's depression levels.... UFB

I've made a very crude representation of the chart so you can see what i mean

Cheap energy and associated mechanical advantage- diesel/gasoline engine makes mining easy.

Commodities will always average at depression levels because they can't be capitalized. If one buys this weird idea then it might follow that capitalism is inflation.

Archived