Enough already

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So INTC reports after the close tomorrow. And that will determine where the all-important opening print for the SPX is, to wipe out or reward option holders.... depending on what The Them want to do....

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-stock-...?dist=afterbell

I think INTC puts up blowout numbers.Everyone I know got a laptop for christmas this year.In my household alone,there are 4 new laptops in the last month......All were INTC chips.

BWTFDIK :ninja:

Stopped out of my GC short at 1142...

gold reacting....

J Fed's Dudley: 'Seems Prudent' To Reduce MBS Program -PBS

1/13/2010 18:54:01

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--A recovering economy suggests the Federal Reserve should stick to its plan to stop buying mortgage-backed securities once it reaches its $1.25 trillion target later this quarter, Federal Reserve Bank of New York President William Dudley said Wednesday.

However, Dudley, who was speaking during a taped interview to be aired on the Public Broadcasting Corporation, added that the Fed could return to the market if mortgage rates were to rise significantly once the program were to end.

He said he was not worried about easy monetary conditions stoking asset bubbles, noting that "we don't really see anything that looks bubbly-like to us." He added, however, that the Fed needs to take the risk of bubbles "a little bit more into consideration" as it approaches monetary policy more generally.

Dudley said that based on an informal poll, he'd concluded that Fed's repeated statement that it would keep target federal funds rate near-zero for "an extended period" means that they will stay at these "exceptionally low" levels for "at least six months."

He stressed, however, that a rate hike could nonetheless be "a year from now [or] two years from now. It's going depend on how the economy develops."

gold reacting....

J Fed's Dudley: 'Seems Prudent' To Reduce MBS Program -PBS

1/13/2010 18:54:01

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--A recovering economy suggests the Federal Reserve should stick to its plan to stop buying mortgage-backed securities once it reaches its $1.25 trillion target later this quarter, Federal Reserve Bank of New York President William Dudley said Wednesday.

However, Dudley, who was speaking during a taped interview to be aired on the Public Broadcasting Corporation, added that the Fed could return to the market if mortgage rates were to rise significantly once the program were to end.

He said he was not worried about easy monetary conditions stoking asset bubbles, noting that "we don't really see anything that looks bubbly-like to us." He added, however, that the Fed needs to take the risk of bubbles "a little bit more into consideration" as it approaches monetary policy more generally.

Dudley said that based on an informal poll, he'd concluded that Fed's repeated statement that it would keep target federal funds rate near-zero for "an extended period" means that they will stay at these "exceptionally low" levels for "at least six months."

He stressed, however, that a rate hike could nonetheless be "a year from now [or] two years from now. It's going depend on how the economy develops."

Fed official doesn't see a bubble anywhere?

Maybe six months... maybe one year... maybe two years?

Will reconsider standing aside from the MBS market if mortgage rates rise significantly?

:unsure:

Maybe it's just me?

But I suspect sometimes that the world be a better place on a gold standard and with these chattering technocratic jackasses left to hawk apples on the corner....

Good lord. The careening imploding disaster that parades as the Japanese economy makes America - hell, California! - seem like a perfect world:

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Japan's core machinery orders, seen as a key leading indicator for capital spending there, took a sharp drop in November despite expectations for a rise, according to data released Thursday.

Core machinery orders fell 11.3% during the month, the Cabinet Office reported.

The result was well below estimates: A Kyodo News survey had expected a 1.1% rise from October, while a survey by Dow Jones Newswires and the Nikkei had indicated a rise of 1.2%.

20 Years After the Top, and They Still Fight Deflation

Good lord. The careening imploding disaster that parades as the Japanese economy makes America - hell, California! - seem like a perfect world:

20 Years After the Top, and They Still Fight Deflation

NIKME up .74% as we speak....must be bullish! :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, back at the REAL news:

A recent University of California study suggested the total economic damage of the Tiger Woods affair to all involved parties could amount to as much as $12bn.

But sports equipment giant Nike, which pays Woods a reported $40m a year, has given its support.

Meanwhile, electronic game maker Electronic Arts is to go ahead with plans to roll out an online game featuring the golfer.

ERTS ought to do really, really well with that game. (Seriously, tremendous free publicity -- "I don't care what you write about me, just spell my name right....") I hear they're going to re-do it, though, with some special features involving automobiles and golf clubs. And, well, the X-rated version is too obvious to merit comment....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8458194.stm

This is the top I feel it in my 57 year old bones. Next week you can short with impunity. The only worthwhile argument is if we just correct a major portion of the 2009 rally or make new lows. I am really not sure.

Hope your right about the top. I have felt it in my bones at other points in this demonic rally, only to then feel it painfully in my arse. By the way, the federal reserve is really a religious institution led by the mighty Ben Bernanke, god of money.

Meanwhile, back at the REAL news:

ERTS ought to do really, really well with that game. (Seriously, tremendous free publicity -- "I don't care what you write about me, just spell my name right....") I hear they're going to re-do it, though, with some special features involving automobiles and golf clubs. And, well, the X-rated version is too obvious to merit comment....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8458194.stm

wonder if you hit a 350 yard drive..it makes his putter flutter...

Hope your right about the top. I have felt it in my bones at other points in this demonic rally, only to then feel it painfully in my arse. By the way, the federal reserve is really a religious institution led by the mighty Ben Bernanke, god of money.

I missed the last two hours and took it up the backside on the crapple feb 210's....I gotta admit...this has gone off the stoopid chart...the BIDU garbage and relentless squeezes almost feels like March 2000....not sure how much longer they can stretch this out but we've gone straight up for a almost a year and outside of our countries obsession with gadgets..sheet sucks....far different then the prior two bubbles....it will not be pretty when this ends....and...I see the spoos are hopping again.....

And.....today's "Crisis Commission" was an embarrassment to our country...it's supposed to last till next December.....yeah...that's gonna work....I voted for "change" and the only "change" we are gonna see or "hear" is the rattling of coins in the pigmens pockets...

This was the biggest waste of time I've ever seen Clowngress put together yet....we morally imploded today with this pathetic dog and pony show....that one ass hat actually wanted "people" to send in questions to his website.....hey douche bag...how about coming prepared with some of your own questions.....what a dick head...

Archived